Pad- Phil Gordon Rage?

with the exception of Tilly not knowing how to play big hands (anyone see her KK hand?), this has been a pretty good week of PAD. Everyone bouncing up and down, and some pretty good hands. Although, the dynamic of the players is pretty awkward.Ivey says nothing.Tilly says she can't talk and think at the same time (literally, i think it was Tuesday night).Antonius is too busy looking like a pimp.Gordon babbles nonsensically.Harman just grins.They need to get Tony G on that show. Or bring Men the Master on--in disguise of course. Or get some color commentators that know how to do more than read the hole and community cards.

with the exception of Tilly not knowing how to play big hands (anyone see her KK hand?), this has been a pretty good week of PAD. Everyone bouncing up and down, and some pretty good hands. Although, the dynamic of the players is pretty awkward.Ivey says nothing.Tilly says she can't talk and think at the same time (literally, i think it was Tuesday night).Antonius is too busy looking like a pimp.Gordon babbles nonsensically.Harman just grins.They need to get Tony G on that show. Or bring Men the Master on--in disguise of course. Or get some color commentators that know how to do more than read the hole and community cards.
there's been many threads on that hand... many.Tony G has been on that show... twice.the whole point of the show is that you get to see most of the hands, as played... with little commentary to interrupt the flow.
i live outside detroit and we don't get PAD, it really sux, does anyone know where i find past episodes
www.nbc.comgo under shows, Poker After Dark and they have all of them in the library.

can download all of the PAD episodes from thepokerbay.org

His "that's unbelievable" comment when phil spiked a set was funny. U cld see Ivey ws pissed.....
I honestly think Phil G is one of the least respected "pros" out there, both professionally and personally. Some of the comments I've heard about him and experiences fans have had approaching him leave me scratching my head why he thinks he's such a big part of the poker world. I love seeing him get mopped up, but he doesn't make too many tv tables other than these invited ones. :club:

Wow after watching wensday nights PAD I am amazed that Phil Gordon teaches people how to play. If you thing Mike Matusow is a time bomb this guy takes it to another level. I love how hes considered a pro his bluffs were ridicoulous it really amazed me how bad he was. The one that worked againt Jennifer Tilly was such a Joke he called 4k off on the turn leaving him like 6k to bluff at a pot of 20k where if she should have probaly called, but she had bottom pair hes just simply a donkey and has no business teaching others to play when hes got no clue.

I honestly think Phil G is one of the least respected "pros" out there, both professionally and personally. Some of the comments I've heard about him and experiences fans have had approaching him leave me scratching my head why he thinks he's such a big part of the poker world. I love seeing him get mopped up, but he doesn't make too many tv tables other than these invited ones. :club:
everyone that meets him says that he's a decent guy thoughhis biggest crime here seems to have been wanting to talk for television when Eric and Phil were in bad moods
with the exception of Tilly not knowing how to play big hands (anyone see her KK hand?), this has been a pretty good week of PAD. Tittays bouncing up and down, and some pretty good hands.
What's unbelievable Phil, what's unbelievable? I think Ivey hates Gordon more than Lindgren.
Erick and Ivey were obviously chatting amongst themselves at the opening of the show and making snide comments to each other about Gordon. I don't think either respects him much.Of course I'm with Ivey here. What exactly is unbelievable about the best hand winning?

There is a history here, though, right? Negreanu wrote about it in his blog... at some point, Phil Gordon criticized Lindgren's play in writing. What I don't know is if that criticism came before or after the filiming of this week's show.sjb

There is a history here, though, right? Negreanu wrote about it in his blog... at some point, Phil Gordon criticized Lindgren's play in writing. What I don't know is if that criticism came before or after the filiming of this week's show.sjb
His column came AFTER this event. That's what triggered him to write a passive aggressive column trying to "compliment" Erick first, then taking a shot at him by pointing out his "weaknesses." Erick isn't going to take any flack from Gordon. He'll say what's on his mind, and what was on his mind was, "No one cares what you think about the hand." PAD is an excellent show IMO. It really gives the public a more realistic view of some of the poker players in the world as virtually nothing gets left on the cutting room floor.

Yep, it let's you know how much of an idiot Phil Gordon really is.The only weakness Erick has is not being able to walk over and pull the trigger on a punch to knock Phil out on national TV.After that, hopefully Chris Tucker would stand over top of PG and say "you got knocked the fack outtt!"

His column came AFTER this event. That's what triggered him to write a passive aggressive column trying to "compliment" Erick first, then taking a shot at him by pointing out his "weaknesses." Erick isn't going to take any flack from Gordon. He'll say what's on his mind, and what was on his mind was, "No one cares what you think about the hand." PAD is an excellent show IMO. It really gives the public a more realistic view of some of the poker players in the world as virtually nothing gets left on the cutting room floor.
I agree ... it's more like any live game I've played than any other show out there. I don't know if that means only poker geeks will like it or not, without the constant barrage of all-ins and big hands from several different tables, but from the little I've seen, it's a cool show.

Ya I watched the latest PAD, and that second bluff gordon ran was brutal. I mean, what was he even bluffing at? His betting patterns did not make any sense. He was merely throwing chips into a pot blindly and hoping tilly would fold. This is all pretty funny to me considering how Gordon was telling everyone on PAD that he was watching the betting patterns and calculating percentages, ya ok?!?!?!Personally, I think Tilly played pretty bad. Checking the fullhouse on the river becuase she was "scared of quad kings" was an absolute horror. Even IF he did have quad kings, that's just gg me. The all in with middle pair against Harman where she sucked out on the river really left me scratching my head.Anyway, I'm really ticked at Gordon. He's brtual. Maybe he should play on the Celebrity Poker Showdown himself, the players are more is calibur.Cheers,Greg

I saw 6 minutes of this. While Phil looks like he's just trying to loosen things up, it's clear that Lindgren and Ivey aren't buying it. Why? Could it be because Ivey and Lindgren are part of a clique, the golf gang? Phil is an outsider to them and, apparently, he's said some things about Lindgren which weren't taken very well. That being said, while I admire Ivey's concentration and such at the table, he seems to be a real social retard. If the 20K doesn't mean that much to him, why is he there and, if he's chosen to be there, why doesn't he act like a human being? Also, Lindgren looks like he just came on the set after an overnight bender. He should take some dietary tips from his buddy, DN.