this is probably a dumb question, but here goes anyway. i read that pokerstars discourages the use of sharkscope's HUD(maybe even bans people for using it or something? not sure). are there any other HUD type things that have restrictions and such with stars or ftp? i really need to get in on some of these stats programs but don't want to get in trouble with the man.thanksedit: sort of a follow question here...if i download poker tracker(for example) today, is it possible to get any old hands uploaded or is it only hands played from today and on? do they have capabilities to get any of my past hands to look at i guess?(again, sorry for the dumb question(s), these stats programs are all new to me)
You'll be able to import every hand that you've ever played. It's when you start importing datamined hands that sites start having a problem with it.I'm not sure about the sharkscope thing though.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post seems really out of date, so I'd like to suggest a few more tools which are great for poker players of all abilities and bankrolls. This article lists some of the ones I currently use such a

Posted Images

I have been looking at using a Poker HUD to try to better my game. I have one question though. Do I have no install POker Tracker3 to be able to have PokerAce?Thanks for the help.

PT3 comes with it's own HUD. So does Holdem Manager.If you have PT2 and want to use a HUD, you will need to buy PokerAceHUD or download the free Gametime+. PAHUD is much much much better though. I personally prefer HEM to PT3, but they are both really good and I think it just comes down to preference.

• 1 month later...

Hi,It is nice to join your discussion....There are many legitimate online poker tools available which can improve your play and ultimately your profits. Unfortunately there are also a large number of cheating tools, known as 'bots', this article will help you to distinguish the legitimate tools from the cheats.Poker tools

• 1 month later...

I have PT2 and use Gametime+Well, I just went from XP to Vista machine and I thought I read that Gametime+ wasn't supported on Vista.Is that right? If it is, then what do people use for a free HUD if they have Vista?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know if there are any standalone huds available? For example a hud that works without having HEM or PT3. I don't want to install HEM on a computer that I will only be using while my main computer gets fixed (or I buy a new one). But I still want to play poker with the basic stats on my opponents who are at my table.Any help would be appreciated obv.

• 4 months later...
Hi, does anyone know if there are any standalone huds available? For example a hud that works without having HEM or PT3. I don't want to install HEM on a computer that I will only be using while my main computer gets fixed (or I buy a new one). But I still want to play poker with the basic stats on my opponents who are at my table.Any help would be appreciated obv.
The HUD needs to work off a database to generate the information, so you won't find one that is stand-alone.
The HUD needs to work off a database to generate the information, so you won't find one that is stand-alone.
You could have at least replied on time :)But actually this is not true. Realtime HUD was a stand alone HUD that would just take the info from the hand histories. It wasn't the greatest, but it worked and it was free. It had issues when you were table switched. Biggest problem is, it quit working about 2 months ago with one of the stars updates. It still may actually work with FTP, but not sure.
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm thinking about giving on of the poker tracking softwares a chance, like PokerOffice or PokerTracker that I can see you're mentioning a few times here. They all seem to need quite lot of training and get used to though, there are thousands of functions to setup and get used to. So, for me who's new to this which software is easiest and best to start with? Important that it's easy to install and simple to get started...

Ok no help here so I went to talk to them directly, both of them obviously claiming to be the best :-)I ended up installing PokerOffice as it felt easier to get started with them. They were like "just install the software and start up your poker table"...It wasn't that simple but I got started without any big problems and I must say after importing some hands these softwares are amazing!

• 4 months later...
Ok no help here so I went to talk to them directly, both of them obviously claiming to be the best :-)I ended up installing PokerOffice as it felt easier to get started with them. They were like "just install the software and start up your poker table"...It wasn't that simple but I got started without any big problems and I must say after importing some hands these softwares are amazing!
You ended up going with the worst software out there. It is literally light years behind HoldemManager or PokerTracker 3. Think Nintendo 64 vs XBox 360
  • 4 weeks later...

While that might have been true in the past, I really don't agree any longer. The last updates have really brought PokerOffice up to the top again, i.e. moveable stats, faster, omaha support, etc. Might be because I've used PokerOffice for so long but I just think it's a lot easier to use and the presentation of everything is better.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I am using an amazing tool Leak Buster in HM2. It is really a lovable tool for me.

Hey, Leak buster 2 is out, if you have LB1, you can upgrade 50% off just email support and they should give you the upgrade link.

• 1 year later...

This post seems really out of date, so I'd like to suggest a few more tools which are great for poker players of all abilities and bankrolls. This article lists some of the ones I currently use such as PokerGo (for playing), PokerNews (for news - obviously), and Poker Stack for poker bankroll management. Check them out and let me know if you have some more suggestions. I'm always looking for a new app to try out. 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...