It's F R I D A Y ! And That Can Only Mean One Thing...

DONUTS BABY!!!!TURN THAT FROWN UP SIDE DOWN AND GO EAT A DAMN DONUT!PROVEN TO IMPROVE ROI BY 90%!!! :club:
Funny you mention these donut things. I just had a donut for the first time in maybe a year just a couple hours ago.Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Krispy Kreme's better than Dunkin' D...JS.
Rut, roh. You shouldn't have said that.

While donuts are an awesome breakfast treat, I have to say that McDonald's McGriddles are far superior. Eat one of those and you can feel your heart racing and screaming in pain. :club:.

Ever heard of the Krispy Kreme Challenge? They run it here in Raleigh and it's prrrretty ridiculous. You basically run 2 miles, eat 1 dozen donuts, then run 2 miles back.http://www.saketvora.com/kkc/index.php?page_id=3The RaceTo Complete the Krispy Kreme Challenge is to:1) Run 2 miles from the NC State Belltower tothe Krispy Kreme on Peace Street.2) Eat one dozen donuts.3) Run 2 miles back to the Belltower.4) Do all this in under one hour.People always ask if puking is allowed.Don’t puke on purpose.That’s not fair to the rest of us. Keeping the doughnuts down is the real challenge, don’t cheat yourself!Here is what the route will look like for 2007.Raleigh Police Department will be manning intersections along the route and shutting down the roads to ensure everyone’s safety. We are currently trying to get an EMT unit at the event for additional safety.The Krispy Kreme Challenge is not for the faint at heart.Here are some facts about the Challenge that every challenger needs to be aware of:Doughnuts: 12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts2400 calories 1200 fat calories 144g of fat 36g of saturated fat 48g of trans fat 60mg of Cholesterol 1140mg of sodium 120g of sugar 24g of protein

While donuts are an awesome breakfast treat, I have to say that McDonald's McGriddles are far superior. Eat one of those and you can feel your heart racing and screaming in pain. :club:.
Wouldn't the medical term be...Heart Attack.Actually I found a surprisingly good breakfast sandwich at Arby's. Sausage, egg and cheese. It's oustanding. Although I usually only get it on my way to work when I'm hung over...Then for lunch I'm at the drive thru at Checker's getting chili dogs. MMMMM, I love hung over days.
Krispy Kreme's better than Dunkin' D...JS.
A disclaimer to my following rant will be that a donut is delicious no matter which way you fry it, however the above statement has really baked my scrod.It is true that krispy kreme has a better glazed donut, it is there staple after all, however if not eaten warm its morphs into just a regular donut, with nothing special about it whatsoever. Outside of the glazed donut arena, DD offers a much wider array of choices all of which completely trump what krispy kreme has to offer. I mean a strawberry frosted donut from DD is just the nuts, and other flavors such as boston creme, jelly, and chocolate frosted all are much better than what krispy kreme has to offer. Also something to take into account is whats a donut without a nice cup of coffee? who beats DD coffee in the morning?Since this is a poker blog I will conclude with a comparison...Krispy Kreme has mastered one donut very well (but even that has a stipulation) i.e. like being a great short handed no limit texas holdem player, when playing at that table it dominates, however alter the game just a little bit, i.e. make it a full ring game, and its performance drops off incredibly...DD on the other hand is a constant player in the big game, doesnt matter what the spread is, DD can play all the games, some may be slightly weaker than others (like the glazed donut) however its overall array of offerings is +EV no matter what game is being played or who is playing it.....thank you, and yes im at work.
It is true that krispy kreme has a better glazed donut, it is there staple after all...
Consider me a proponent of the specialization school when it comes to doughnuts. Nothing beyond glazed really appeals to me. And coffee? Blech.
Consider me a proponent of the specialization school when it comes to doughnuts. Nothing beyond glazed really appeals to me. And coffee? Blech.
I do believe if you tried a strawberry frosted from DD, youd change your tune!
A disclaimer to my following rant will be that a donut is delicious no matter which way you fry it, however the above statement has really baked my scrod.It is true that krispy kreme has a better glazed donut, it is there staple after all, however if not eaten warm its morphs into just a regular donut, with nothing special about it whatsoever. Outside of the glazed donut arena, DD offers a much wider array of choices all of which completely trump what krispy kreme has to offer. I mean a strawberry frosted donut from DD is just the nuts, and other flavors such as boston creme, jelly, and chocolate frosted all are much better than what krispy kreme has to offer. Also something to take into account is whats a donut without a nice cup of coffee? who beats DD coffee in the morning?Since this is a poker blog I will conclude with a comparison...Krispy Kreme has mastered one donut very well (but even that has a stipulation) i.e. like being a great short handed no limit texas holdem player, when playing at that table it dominates, however alter the game just a little bit, i.e. make it a full ring game, and its performance drops off incredibly...DD on the other hand is a constant player in the big game, doesnt matter what the spread is, DD can play all the games, some may be slightly weaker than others (like the glazed donut) however its overall array of offerings is +EV no matter what game is being played or who is playing it.....thank you, and yes im at work.
Yes. KK's glazed donuts fresh off the rack at the store are teh nuts, but other than that, average at best.
Ever heard of the Krispy Kreme Challenge? They run it here in Raleigh and it's prrrretty ridiculous. You basically run 2 miles, eat 1 dozen donuts, then run 2 miles back.http://www.saketvora.com/kkc/index.php?page_id=3The RaceTo Complete the Krispy Kreme Challenge is to:1) Run 2 miles from the NC State Belltower tothe Krispy Kreme on Peace Street.2) Eat one dozen donuts.3) Run 2 miles back to the Belltower.4) Do all this in under one hour.People always ask if puking is allowed.Don’t puke on purpose.That’s not fair to the rest of us. Keeping the doughnuts down is the real challenge, don’t cheat yourself!Here is what the route will look like for 2007.Raleigh Police Department will be manning intersections along the route and shutting down the roads to ensure everyone’s safety. We are currently trying to get an EMT unit at the event for additional safety.The Krispy Kreme Challenge is not for the faint at heart.Here are some facts about the Challenge that every challenger needs to be aware of:Doughnuts: 12 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts2400 calories 1200 fat calories 144g of fat 36g of saturated fat 48g of trans fat 60mg of Cholesterol 1140mg of sodium 120g of sugar 24g of protein
I almost puked just reading it. Count me out!
Sorry.. for anyone in Canada and some parts of the U.S... Tim Hortons pwns all.. even DD and KK
Let's take it easy.If DD and KK are the Red Sox and Yankees, then Tim Hortons is the Kansas City Royals.
Wouldn't the medical term be...Heart Attack.Actually I found a surprisingly good breakfast sandwich at Arby's. Sausage, egg and cheese. It's oustanding. Although I usually only get it on my way to work when I'm hung over...Then for lunch I'm at the drive thru at Checker's getting chili dogs. MMMMM, I love hung over days.
I miss Checkers, we had them here for awhile and now they're all closed up. But i'm with you on the Chili Dogs. Also great burgers with the underused Mayo.
ZOMG!!!...that link!!!I just had a dough-gasm.......... :club:
The sad thing is that the Altamonte location closed a couple of years ago when they sold their property to Chipotle. The new location here still hasn't opened do to delays with the city.They are the best donuts ever.