Oh, I guess diving should be permitted if you've been legitimately tripped in the past then.
Diving? Simon used his stick like a baseball bat and hit him in the face. How can you compare that to tripping?
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diving? Simon used his stick like a baseball bat and hit him in the face. How can you compare that to tripping?
I'm not comparing what Simon did to tripping. I'm comparing embellishing a slash and embellishing a trip. Are you intentionally simple?
I'm not comparing what Simon did to tripping. I'm comparing embellishing a slash and embellishing a trip. Are you intentionally simple?
How was he embellishing? By laying on the ice? He missed a year with a concussion and he just got a baseball swing to the face. I'd be a little worried too. Are you suggesting he pop up right away and continue the play? I hope your not a doctor.
How was he embellishing? By laying on the ice? He missed a year with a concussion and he just got a baseball swing to the face. I'd be a little worried too. Are you suggesting he pop up right away and continue the play? I hope your not a doctor.
A baseball swing? Really?Are you suggesting there is no in between "pop[ping] up right away" and laying on the ice as if you've been shot. I hope you're sterile.
A baseball swing? Really?Are you suggesting there is no in between "pop[ping] up right away" and laying on the ice as if you've been shot. I hope you're sterile.
If Chris Simon was pissed at you, you would probably play dead too.

DM, I don't really know what you're talking about, but I did notice that he went down, then looked like he was ok, but then the next angle, he's laying on the ice motionless. Is this what you are referring to?

DM, I don't really know what you're talking about, but I did notice that he went down, then looked like he was ok, but then the next angle, he's laying on the ice motionless. Is this what you are referring to?
After watching it a few times, does anyone else notice him looking up after getting hit and then putting his head down? Maybe you are right DM.
Am I the only one who thinks Hollweg embellished a little? Yes, it was a disgusting act by Simon, but there was no need to embellish the play.Unfortunately, the NHL will probably base their decision on the extent of Hollweg's injury. They continue to miss the point that they need to punish the act and not the consequence.If it were my decision the suspension would be...rest of the 2006-07 regular seasonall of 2006-07 playoffs if applicablefirst 10 games of 2007-08
seems about right to me. hollweg did hollywood it up a bit, and let's not forget it looked like boarding before simon retaliated. not that any of that justifies a two-hand chop to the chest or head.

also, was that sean avery the first guy all over simon in his face after the hit? say what you will about avery, but he's a little guy with a lot of heart.

seems about right to me. hollweg did hollywood it up a bit, and let's not forget it looked like boarding before simon retaliated. not that any of that justifies a two-hand chop to the chest or head.
No, his hit on Simon was 100% clean and that fact Hollweg ended up being ok shouldnt matter even though the NHL is probably gonna be biased, I hope he get suspended for next season too(part of it) but i dont think he willHell be suspended rest of this season and for the playoffs if the Islanders do make it
I don't give a **** what the end result was, the intent was to two hand the kid straight in the face. That is not needed.
Has anyone said any different?
Just stating my opinion like everyone else.I personally think he needs to be shown the door.
the man is a monkey,boar,gorilla,beast on skates...Sorry Chris but you should be banned for life from all HOCKEY...He could of killed the guy....
Am I the only one who thinks Hollweg embellished a little? Yes, it was a disgusting act by Simon, but there was no need to embellish the play.Unfortunately, the NHL will probably base their decision on the extent of Hollweg's injury. They continue to miss the point that they need to punish the act and not the consequence.If it were my decision the suspension would be...rest of the 2006-07 regular seasonall of 2006-07 playoffs if applicablefirst 10 games of 2007-08
I agree with everything in this post. When you look at the play, you can see Hollweg look up right after he goes down, I think he's checking that the play was stopped and if Simon is the hell away from him. Considering the way he was smiling and laughing after the game, I think he definitely went down too hard and stayed down too long. However, if Hollweg had popped right back up, would we even be discussing this? I don't think so, and that says more about the way the NHL deals with these things than the player. Hollweg may even have felt that he HAD to stay down to ensure that Simon would be punished properly for his act.

No matter the force that you feel, I think anyone getting hit in the face by a big stick would need a moment to assess the situation, figure out if they're seriously injured or not, and get their bearings.

Is anyone watching Sportscentre?They're saying the Isles and Simon are going to try and get the suspension reduced because Simon might have had a concussion...wtf...
HahahahahahaThat's brilliant. I hope it works.
After watching it a few times, does anyone else notice him looking up after getting hit and then putting his head down? Maybe you are right DM.
i watched a dozens of times and didn't see anything like that. looked like he lifted his head a split second before he got hit. you know, when he noticed a huge guy swinging a piece of lumber at his face. he then got smacked near the face and went down. he then lay face down on the ice and spoke with the trainer. i'm sure he could've rolled over or something, but its not necessary when you're with a trainer.and the hit on simon was not legal. too bad, since it gave simon the perfect opportunity to drop his gloves and take the first shot at hollweg, instead of the **** he pulled.

Considering Simon's a really good scrapper, I woulda just liked to see him drop his gloves and land a nice haymaker (even if it was a sucker punch) before Blahweger was ready, because the punishment wouldn't be nearly as severe. Too bad he made this mistake. As much as I like the guy, I think they have to come down hard. Could be game over.