Tie's elbow on Niedermayer wasnt bad as Bertuzzi,Mcsorley and Hunter(against Turgeon)I happen to know Tie's family..He is a great guy...Bertuzzi is a brute
Tie's was worse than Hunter's AINEC
Faking would imply that he was not injured. Embellish would imply that he was not hurt as bad as he made it seem. Thanks for coming out.
...so he was faking it. Just because he was really hurt doesnt mean he cant fake it.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- to enhance. - to pretend; simulate. One is a definition of embellish and one is a definition of fake. I bet you think they're both the same don't you?

Just because he was really hurt doesnt mean he cant fake it.
How can you fake being hurt if you are hurt?

My opinions on previous posts, summed up in one post for space saving/environmental reasons: :)1) Tie Domi= NOT a nice guy.2) Simon's hit= deliberate, intentional, inexcusable. warranting a 10-20 game suspension. Simon's explanation of being rattled from the hit from behind into the boards actually makes sense, if you've ever been hit like that, you'd understand. HOWEVER, this does NOT excuse or mitigate the act, and Simon himself didn't attempt to use it as an excuse for his actions.3) This type of action doesnt have a place in hockey. There is no 'agreement' in place that this may be a part of the game. The argument that players acknowledge this may happen and therefore waive the right for legal action is ludicrous. If I sign an agreement with someone else to have a duel with pistols in the schoolyard, and I shoot them dead, I will be charged with manslaughter at the very least. You cannot make an agreement that supercedes the legal system. 4) The NHL has to start enforcing the rules, including suspensions based on the act. The player or players involved shouldn't matter. The severity of the injury shouldn't matter. Only the act. If you kick a player in the face with your skate while he's on the ice, and that warranted a 50 game suspension, the suspension shouldn't change whether or not it was sidney crosby kicking or being kicked, OR whether or not the player kicked was uninjured or killed. Punish the act, not the result.5) Todd Bertuzzi is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Chris Simon is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Marty McSorley is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Tie Domi is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Comparing these acts just helps to justify that one isn't as bad as the other. They are all bad. Stop making excuses.Nice hand. High five.

Nice hand. High five.
You account for about 70-80% of my motivation to read the hockey forum. Thanks for taking the time to post here--I appreciate it.
You account for about 70-80% of my motivation to read the hockey forum. Thanks for taking the time to post here--I appreciate it.
Thank you. I like it here. There are some intelligent hockey opinions here, from many different sources...
My opinions on previous posts, summed up in one post for space saving/environmental reasons: :)1) Tie Domi= NOT a nice guy.2) Simon's hit= deliberate, intentional, inexcusable. warranting a 10-20 game suspension. Simon's explanation of being rattled from the hit from behind into the boards actually makes sense, if you've ever been hit like that, you'd understand. HOWEVER, this does NOT excuse or mitigate the act, and Simon himself didn't attempt to use it as an excuse for his actions.3) This type of action doesnt have a place in hockey. There is no 'agreement' in place that this may be a part of the game. The argument that players acknowledge this may happen and therefore waive the right for legal action is ludicrous. If I sign an agreement with someone else to have a duel with pistols in the schoolyard, and I shoot them dead, I will be charged with manslaughter at the very least. You cannot make an agreement that supercedes the legal system. 4) The NHL has to start enforcing the rules, including suspensions based on the act. The player or players involved shouldn't matter. The severity of the injury shouldn't matter. Only the act. If you kick a player in the face with your skate while he's on the ice, and that warranted a 50 game suspension, the suspension shouldn't change whether or not it was sidney crosby kicking or being kicked, OR whether or not the player kicked was uninjured or killed. Punish the act, not the result.5) Todd Bertuzzi is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Chris Simon is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Marty McSorley is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Tie Domi is a thug. What he did was wrong. No excuse. Comparing these acts just helps to justify that one isn't as bad as the other. They are all bad. Stop making excuses.Nice hand. High five.
There is a knowledge that this sort of thing can happen. I'm not claiming that makes it any more acceptable, but players do know the risks associated with this sport. Nobody claimed that players waive the right for legal action, but if we start taking legal action against incidents like this where do we draw the line? A punch in the face, that's assault. A slash across the hands, that's assault with a weapon. Kyle Wellwood stares at my crotch in the dressing room; sexual harassment.Nobody was making excuses. Maybe I missed a post or two but I don't recall seeing anyone say that what Simon did was acceptable or justifiable. Bertuzzi, Simon, McSorley, Domi and countless others did something that was violent and has no place in the sport, but to refer to them as thugs is a little extreme in my opinion.
Tie's was worse than Hunter's AINEC...so he was faking it. Just because he was really hurt doesnt mean he cant fake it.
blah, this is so ridiculous. i've watched the domi hit hundreds of times, and it was no worse than i've seen happen dozens of times throughout the season. if not for the injury and drama that followed, it would've been a non-issue.good post by gruven of course, though i should point out, that while we may or may not agree with it ethically, there is a clear legal precedent that when players step on the ice, things like that may happen. sure, intentional hits are not agreed to, but there have been worse unintentional injuries (berard comes to mind, though lots of others). if hollweg had accidentally gotten clipped in the jugular, we wouldn't be arguing legal action. you can't distinguish between things you allow to happen when they're premeditated, and things you don't. if getting hit near the throat is something that players realize may happen when they take the ice, they implicitly agree to those conditions by stepping on the ice, and agree those things are a part of the game.this in no way excuses simon, it just means there is no legal recourse.oh, and i'm not legal expert, that's just my understanding. frankly, i agree with it.
blah, this is so ridiculous. i've watched the domi hit hundreds of times, and it was no worse than i've seen happen dozens of times throughout the season. if not for the injury and drama that followed, it would've been a non-issue.good post by gruven of course, though i should point out, that while we may or may not agree with it ethically, there is a clear legal precedent that when players step on the ice, things like that may happen. sure, intentional hits are not agreed to, but there have been worse unintentional injuries (berard comes to mind, though lots of others). if hollweg had accidentally gotten clipped in the jugular, we wouldn't be arguing legal action. you can't distinguish between things you allow to happen when they're premeditated, and things you don't. if getting hit near the throat is something that players realize may happen when they take the ice, they implicitly agree to those conditions by stepping on the ice, and agree those things are a part of the game.this in no way excuses simon, it just means there is no legal recourse.oh, and i'm not legal expert, that's just my understanding. frankly, i agree with it.
I'm no legal expert either. But we've spoken to many of them, and this is not a new issue. The difference is intent. Berard was hit on the follow through of a swipe at the puck. Simon, Bertuzzi, McSorley, Domi, et al.... INTENTIONAL. Therein lies the difference. Anyway, enough on the topic. Again, nothing excuses this type of behaviour. Period.
Done for the season, good decision.My question to you all is was Bertuzzi's hit worse than this? Mind you, I know the injuries were to Steve Moore was worse, but as a malicious act, which one was worse?
This has been discussed to death..The suspension was fair however the Bertuzzi incident was nowhere close to this...If Moore got up Bertuzzi would have been suspended maybe 5 games....I agree with the notion that the suspension should not be based on the result....All in all I agree with this decision
Done for the season, good decision.My question to you all is was Bertuzzi's hit worse than this? Mind you, I know the injuries were to Steve Moore was worse, but as a malicious act, which one was worse?
Bertuzzi's action were worse as it was a premeditated mugging from behind.Simon's was a reaction to something that happened in the game. Totally wrong and deserving of an even longer suspension then he received. Bertuzzi should have had a much longer suspension and the criminal charges against him should have gone through.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DeqIU9NrMB8Dino Ciccarelli Stick Swinging Incident on Luke Richardson this guy took 2 to the head and was still standing, Dino was charged crimanally was suppose to spend a day in jail but did community service instead. Just like most of you said the guy goes down or is severely injured the league gives a stiffer sentence. If a guy takes the shot and still stands the penalty is minimal. I think dino got a $1000 fine. After watching that video the next video that appears is DARCY TUCKER SUCKS I had to click on this and see what its about. Of course its done by a Sens fan.
Bertuzzi's action were worse as it was a premeditated mugging from behind.Simon's was a reaction to something that happened in the game. Totally wrong and deserving of an even longer suspension then he received. Bertuzzi should have had a much longer suspension and the criminal charges against him should have gone through.
Oh Reginald...I disagree. Results oriented on Bertuzzi, once again. Simon's attack was way worse.

25 games huh? I think that is pretty lenient. I see no "message" being served here. How is this some terrible punishment? I agree completely with Hulls comments yesterday and I think he did a good job of making Ray Ray look like an ***. I particularly loved Mickey Redmonds (color guy for Wings TV) putting part of the blame on Hollweg. LOL. All morning people are making excuses for Simon and I think the league handing out this ***** suspension is helping that along. I wish I could go take my hockey stick and two hand the tenant in H8 where I work and get to sit at home for 25 work days and play MLB 2K7. Baseball player last year got 50 games for using his bat as a weapon. That too me is still too lenient but oh well. I heard someone on the radio complaining about sports people being role models and how Chrissy is a bad role model for his actions. I assume we can all agree with that. Doesn't the league giving him 25 games and nothing else also send a bad message to the kiddies out there? Oh wait, America, where violence is what all the cool kids are doing, nevermind.Anyway, I digress, but here is an interesting question for everyone....since everyone was asking if Hollweg was Crosby, well....Change Chris Simon to Sydney Crosby. I don't see him getting more than 5 games.

I wish I could go take my hockey stick and two hand the tenant in H8 where I work and get to sit at home for 25 work days and play MLB 2K7.
Do you really think this is the same thing? Why don't you just punch the tenant in the stomach and when he/she bends over give them a knee in the face? That's permitted in ultimate fighting so you'd probably wouldn't miss any days.
Do you really think this is the same thing? Why don't you just punch the tenant in the stomach and when he/she bends over give them a knee in the face? That's permitted in ultimate fighting so you'd probably wouldn't miss any days.
I know your stance, you are as persistant about it as some of us on ours. Do you really not know what the word intent means? Do you not understand the difference between a sport w/ rules vs. the players conscious intent? UFC or boxing is to knock your opponent out or do well enough to get votes. There are rules involved in what you can and what you cannot do. In UFC there are barely any rules I imagine but I assume there are some. I do not watch it nor enjoy it, in case you wanted to find an opportunity to call me a hypocrite. Taking your stick with the INTENTION to seriously injure someone is no different than me taking a broomstick and doing the same to someone on the street. I don't know what it takes for you to realize this. I personally do not care if you ever do as it means nothing to me, but I find it laugable how you think that using a hockey stick as a weapon is peachy keen and should be fine for anyone to do it. I know, "I don't condone it" but you do. You have constantly made excuses and made light of the incident since post one and feel that since it is a sport, rigtrying to INTENTIONALLY injure someone is expected and not at all criminal. Please try and find a different way to prove your point than the UFC example as it doesn't work.
I know your stance, you are as persistant about it as some of us on ours. Do you really not know what the word intent means? Do you not understand the difference between a sport w/ rules vs. the players conscious intent? UFC or boxing is to knock your opponent out or do well enough to get votes. There are rules involved in what you can and what you cannot do. In UFC there are barely any rules I imagine but I assume there are some. I do not watch it nor enjoy it, in case you wanted to find an opportunity to call me a hypocrite. Taking your stick with the INTENTION to seriously injure someone is no different than me taking a broomstick and doing the same to someone on the street. I don't know what it takes for you to realize this. I personally do not care if you ever do as it means nothing to me, but I find it laugable how you think that using a hockey stick as a weapon is peachy keen and should be fine for anyone to do it. I know, "I don't condone it" but you do. You have constantly made excuses and made light of the incident since post one and feel that since it is a sport, rigtrying to INTENTIONALLY injure someone is expected and not at all criminal. Please try and find a different way to prove your point than the UFC example as it doesn't work.
Running people head first from behind into the boards is every bit as dangerous as what Chris Simon did. While Simons suspension was obviously warranted and the length is appropriate IMO, Hollweg should have been sat for a game or 2 as well.
I find it laughable that you (and others) continue to assume that I find Chris Simon's actions "peachy keen" when I have stated again and again that he deserves a lengthy suspension for what he did. My argument is that what Chris Simon did is not the same as taking a broom stick to someone on the street. I have not made any excuse for Simon's actions nor have I downplayed it. If you can find a post where I have done this please quote it.