Paul Wasicka - Is He Really That Good Or Just Lucky?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I am. But in fairness to Wasicka I'd own most people, I'm pretty ****ing good.
Screenname? Site?

apparently he was a winner in the party 10/20 nl games even before the Main Event, i dont doubt that he has a lot of game, he just doesnt feel like he needs to be playing 1k/2k to prove it to anyone

I'm all about implied odds. I'll call that 400 extra with 33 when I know he got AA because I know I can get his other 800 if I hit my set.
sw? or am I missing something here? Calling 400 as a 4:1 dog to try and get a whole 800? I think you've watched that one WSOP Sammy Farha episode one too many times.
Uhh...have you guys been watching a different HSP than me? Yeah...he played tight/nitty poker early on, but he opened up substantially and made some nice moves after he'd established that image.
Absolutely agree. By the end of the last episode of HSP, he was playing very loose. Of course it helped that he hit the cards but I thought he was very impressive. Now he has won almost $1 million in the last week.

Wow, he's got game.If you listen to his interview on the circuit a few months back, he talks alot about what games he played etc.He said his speciality was short handed cash games online. He also said that he could have been staked in some big tournaments, but he wanted to own 100% of himself when he did take a shot. He played a satelitte for the WPT championship and won a set. He played the event and went really deep, getting down to like the final 18. Then he went to the WSOP and finished in the final 18 twice more. It was ironic that he never wasn't able to get from the final two tables when it got short handed to the final tables. Obviously then he got his breakthrough at the Main Event, then Australia, then LA, and now, this heads up tournament.

ummm 10-20 is a pretty big game....
I don't care if its 10 cent 20 cent and what your bankroll is! Play what your comfortable with and book a win. Table selection is KEY. Allen Cunningham was playing 5-10 the other day on FTP.
lol just having a bit of fun. wasicka/any pro besides Phil Gordan owns me. But if you go over to 2+2 you can read post upon post about people who actually think they can beat HSP. They limped with A9o oMG! They suck!!!!!!!!!!
Lol. Very nice hand. :club:
Lol. Very nice hand. :club:
Didn't he fill in for Phil F'in Hellmuth? Phil will find a way to take some small credit for Wasicka's win, like sharing the same first name. He alway's weasels his way into the limelight. By the way I like this....waSICKa...Sick!!

I'm still a Hashem fan. How many of those are still around, just wondering.

If you got to pick between moneymaker,raymer,hachem,and dippedincrapGOLD, I take hachem hands down I like his style. He's not a punk loves his wife and family and had a real job before his good fortune.
Hachem is a class act, and it seems obvious he has had game for quite a while.
Didn't he fill in for Phil F'in Hellmuth? Phil will find a way to take some small credit for Wasicka's win, like sharing the same first name. He alway's weasels his way into the limelight. By the way I like this....waSICKa...Sick!!
...Phil Wasicka? You haven't been following poker much, have you?
Tight is right yo.Mark
I have read and been told over and over that TAG is the "wrong" way to play, and I would get laughed off the table by many of the greats here (i.e. J C, T May, BKice, Chucksty, etc. ) BUT...playing a more TAG style has serviced me very well over the past 12 months. It has won me my WSOP ME seat last year, allowed me to FT in over 10 live tourneys last year (2 of which I won), won me a Nego and got me deep in several others, and allowed me to cash deep in the WCOOP last October. Go figure.... :club:

"Paul Wasicka Doubles Up On the RiverShannon Elizabeth raises from the button preflop and Paul Wasicka moves all in. Elizabeth asks for a count and is told that Wasicka is all in for $135,000 more. Elizabeth makes the call and shows AQ. Wasicka turns over 1010. The board comes QJ6KA and Wasicka rivers a straight to win the pot and double up. "I don't doubt the guy is a solid player. But look how lucky he got against an amatuer in Shannon Elizabeth. If there is a story in the NBC HUC this year it's her run, not Wasicka's.