what the hell just happened???

again read the post I made I was COMPLIMENTING the fold bozohave a cluewow this forum is full of idiotsits tiresomelol clown
Then go away. RGP could use more tedious, retarded, self-aggrandizing assholes.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o and suited up, you obviously suck too.If you're playing loose and someone bets into you, they arn't likely to be bluffing. They have a big hand that they want paid off. Seriously, dm made a great fold and a great read. A raise and a call in front of him, an automatic call. But wiht a raise and a re raise. You have to be very cautious. I dont know what the pot odds are, but if they were good enough, it might be alright to call, because you are drawing to the nuts.Plus some of you somehow think QQ wouldve for sure re raisedre flop. WHY?If a loose player is playing, I myself am not going to re raise. Im going to call, and let the loose censored pay me off. If you re raise, you might be loosing a few bets and a bigger pot.
exactly. There is more thought going on at this level then 1/2 2/4. This was posted in the strat sectiion too and I said the fold was good. The BB obviously has a big hand and I felt that he hit his AQ. You can't call the threebet with no odds if you are drawing to 3 outs. My thought was either AQ or 99 as I'd want to trap a live one here. You have to put his table image in mind in the play of this hand. The BB has him beat, no doubt. The BB is threebetting here because he's protecting his hand against the SB, not the hero
Im a winning player but have poor money management skills That makes you a losing player....
no it makes me winning poker player with leaksthanks for the input thoughhustle up and back to your micro limits :!:
at least I have money to play at some limit, not play money, I may only have a 500 bankroll, but at least I play with correct money managment skills. I hope you realize you are making fun of someone, for possesing the skills you failed to have.Get over yourself, you're making yourself look like an idiot:-You critisize people for playing micro-limits when you have no money to play at any limit.-You bring up the fact that you've played on tables with the best on every thread you post on
again read the post I made I was COMPLIMENTING the fold bozohave a cluewow this forum is full of idiotsits tiresomelol clown
Then go away. RGP could use more tedious, retarded, self-aggrandizing assholes.
sure
Im a winning player but have poor money management skills That makes you a losing player....
no it makes me winning poker player with leaksthanks for the input thoughhustle up and back to your micro limits :!:
at least I have money to play at some limit, not play money, I may only have a 500 bankroll, but at least I play with correct money managment skills. I hope you realize you are making fun of someone, for possesing the skills you failed to have.Get over yourself, you're making yourself look like an idiot:-You critisize people for playing micro-limits when you have no money to play at any limit.-You bring up the fact that you've played on tables with the best on every thread you post on
I have been in this spot 100 timesnot at all worried about building another brfully confident I willthe problem will be solely playing poker with itwhatever im done now you wont hear another word about meunless im asked anything
You can't call the threebet with no odds if you are drawing to 3 outs.
You arent calling for the three outs. You're calling for the probability of them having a weaker hand than a 3bet there would typically indicate. A 3bet against a player who has been betting with anything could just as easily mean a weaker ace on their part or a queen.The fact that even in a worst case scenario you have outs just sweetens the deal. With that in mind, the decision could really have gone either way depending on your "read" of the players and depending on what you think that their "read" on you was.

Umm I didnt know, because I didnt add up all the bets, idiot.And no, not all of you suck. Most of you have great advice, but there are guys who, because they played once and one...seem to have the notion that they know how to play every type of hand, every type of variation and every type of situation perfectly.

I've been busy working all day and missed this argument. As someone who plays 20/40 regularly (though it is the socal variety), I think I should join the discussion. Obviously we don't know the opponents, and without that info this is a very tough decision. You are raised and reraised on the expensive street. Clearly either of them would raise with any ace, but there is only one left, and two raisers. Either one of them is full of it, or you are facing QQ or 99. In my mind, the only really bad play is capping it here, you are very likely beat. 20/40 players generally don't check-raise on an AA9Q board with a Q only. His was a reasonable fold, but I probably would have called because there is a small chance that one is bluffing and the other has Ax, but most importantly you have outs against any hand and pretty good pot odds. Continuing to raise here is "pointless chip spewing" as someone might say, and they might even instruct you to quit poker. I vote to call, but I understand his laydown.

I've been busy working all day and missed this argument. As someone who plays 20/40 regularly (though it is the socal variety), I think I should join the discussion. Obviously we don't know the opponents, and without that info this is a very tough decision. You are raised and reraised on the expensive street. Clearly either of them would raise with any ace, but there is only one left, and two raisers. Either one of them is full of it, or you are facing QQ or 99. In my mind, the only really bad play is capping it here, you are very likely beat. 20/40 players generally don't check-raise on an AA9Q board with a Q only. His was a reasonable fold, but I probably would have called because there is a small chance that one is bluffing and the other has Ax, but most importantly you have outs against any hand and pretty good pot odds. Continuing to raise here is "pointless chip spewing" as someone might say, and they might even instruct you to quit poker. I vote to call, but I understand his laydown.
hey, someone who actually has a cluethats a nice surprizefunny how the players who actually play real games and not .25-.50 or 1-2 seem to agree that a fold was not silly at all
hey, someone who actually has a cluethats a nice surprizefunny how the players who actually play real games and not .25-.50 or 1-2 seem to agree that a fold was not silly at all
You gotta understand the majority of players here are low limit players, of course they see things differently. They just can't lay down a hand such as AK when they hit trips with top kicker, I'm sure there was a point when you were playing that you couldn't lay this hand down either. Players go through phases and most ppl on here are in the beginning stages where they're just starting out. When you make comments about the limits ppl play on here, your insulting the majority of the forum, so that's why your getting attacked the way you are. Like I said earlier, I think it's a marginal situation where you can't fault someone for calling or folding here. But, I would lean towards folding if the players were real tight. There's an argument for both sides and I don't think it's clear cut. However, capping the turn would be suicide and you might as well throw your chips away. Someone with AQ is not going to check the river just because you capped the turn, you better believe they're betting the nuts.
You gotta understand the majority of players here are low limit players, of course they see things differently. They just can't lay down a hand such as AK when they hit trips with top kicker, I'm sure there was a point when you were playing that you couldn't lay this hand down either. Players go through phases and most ppl on here are in the beginning stages where they're just starting out. When you make comments about the limits ppl play on here, your insulting the majority of the forum, so that's why your getting attacked the way you are. Like I said earlier, I think it's a marginal situation where you can't fault someone for calling or folding here. But, I would lean towards folding if the players were real tight. There's an argument for both sides and I don't think it's clear cut. However, capping the turn would be suicide and you might as well throw your chips away. Someone with AQ is not going to check the river just because you capped the turn, you better believe they're betting the nuts.
they are low limit players who talk like world championsmy motive on this site was never to make enemiesa post was made "any pros"I responded and the bashing of me beganyou would think the low limit players in here would want to learn from my experience at limits up to 75-150 but they dontoh wellnow justblaze can chime in with yep splashmasters so good hes brokeI already said why 25 timesim through
they are low limit players who talk like world championsmy motive on this site was never to make enemiesa post was made "any pros"I responded and the bashing of me beganyou would think the low limit players in here would want to learn from my experience at limits up to 75-150 but they dontoh wellnow justblaze can chime in with yep splashmasters so good hes brokeI already said why 25 timesim through
I think a lot of poker players just have an ego and most think they're better than they are. It takes getting your ass handed to you several times before you understand that your not the greatest player around. Personally, I'm trying to move my way up past the mid-limits, so I appreciate advice from anybody that has been there. If you'd like to share your experiences, give advice, I'd definitely be interested, because poker's a game where you can always continue to learn no matter what level your at.
I think a lot of poker players just have an ego and most think they're better than they are. It takes getting your ass handed to you several times before you understand that your not the greatest player around. Personally, I'm trying to move my way up past the mid-limits, so I appreciate advice from anybody that has been there. If you'd like to share your experiences, give advice, I'd definitely be interested, because poker's a game where you can always continue to learn no matter what level your at.
agree 100%

Well mentioning how great you are and how many professional players you've played against and how great you are for playing higher limits every time someone critisizes a play of yours is a good way to make enemies... Arrogance attracts an unfriendly attitude toward people...To give examples:-funny how the players who actually play real games and not .25-.50 or 1-2-whatever im done now you wont hear another word about me -hustle up and back to your micro limits -wow this forum is full of idiots-I played tournaments and final tables against world class players -more $$$ than you will ever make playing poker-if you think 1-2 and 20-40 are the same there is no help for you -you only dream of playing against real players while I have done it -play a limit higher than 1-2 and than put some input inThose are arrogant comments JUST from this thread... get a life man, just because you played higher limits doesnt make you better than us, the fact that we have better bankroll management makes us better than you however

Well mentioning how great you are and how many professional players you've played against and how great you are for playing higher limits every time someone critisizes a play of yours is a good way to make enemies... Arrogance attracts an unfriendly attitude toward people...To give examples:-funny how the players who actually play real games and not .25-.50 or 1-2-whatever im done now you wont hear another word about me -hustle up and back to your micro limits -wow this forum is full of idiots-I played tournaments and final tables against world class players -more $$$ than you will ever make playing poker-if you think 1-2 and 20-40 are the same there is no help for you -you only dream of playing against real players while I have done it -play a limit higher than 1-2 and than put some input inThose are arrogant comments JUST from this thread... get a life man, just because you played higher limits doesnt make you better than us, the fact that we have better bankroll management makes us better than you however
ok :wink:
ok :wink:
and for the record, your buddy justblaze, has already proved the final tables I have made, and the players that were at them, including...tom mcevoy,tj cloutier, steve kaufman,sirious baghedecaherie(sp) and othersbut whatever
Nobody is going to bet/raise here without an Ace or a boat,
I dont think that's true.He bet on the flop, and just got called by them all - possibly because they felt it was a steal, which given his aggressive image, may very well have been.Knowing that he knows they just called, he's going to fire again to see if they missed, potentially taking a large pot. The first to act on his raise may have hit the queen (or ace rags, and is playing the queen). The second to act puts the guy who posted the thread here on nothing (or maybe a 9), he puts the other guy on a queen, and is holding ace/rags, potentially, which he may very well slow play. There's no way you would want to just call against a cold caller with overcards or a 9. The first caller probably has Q/K, and hte second cold caller probably has ace rags (suited would be my guess). Either that, or one of them has a boat. But i think they're both possibilities. The fact that it was a check raise from the 3bet guy could just as easily suggest an ace rags as it could a boat. Someone playing the boat may want to play it even slower than that, arguably.Raising a maniac means little. Raising someone who raises a maniac means a bit more, but still not as much as raising a tight player under normal circumstances. I would say just _call_ and see what the initial raiser is actually feeling here. If it's capped and there's a caller behind him, you have enough to justify calling one more big bet for your 3-5 outs, but you know you're beat if you miss.

Splashmaster and all the other assholes who are in this thread.It would be much easier for you to make a point about this, and actually have someone listen, if you weren't such arrogant dicks about everything you say!A few people in here have made relevant points, main one being that the re-raiser actually is worrysome, more so than the initial bettor. (I won't bother with more details).But...Sure you guys saw that, but do you really expect people to agree with you when you do nothing but keep going on about all the final tables you made and how you play higher limits? Nobody cares, and you aren't impressing anyone. Maybe next time you want to make a point, stop being a dick and just make your case.

Splashmaster and all the other assholes who are in this thread.It would be much easier for you to make a point about this, and actually have someone listen, if you weren't such arrogant censored about everything you say!A few people in here have made relevant points, main one being that the re-raiser actually is worrysome, more so than the initial bettor. (I won't bother with more details).But...Sure you guys saw that, but do you really expect people to agree with you when you do nothing but keep going on about all the final tables you made and how you play higher limits? Nobody cares, and you aren't impressing anyone. Maybe next time you want to make a point, stop being a dick and just make your case.
okone last timeI never said a word about final tables or high limits UNTIL i WAS ASKEDand I never insulted anyone tilkl it was done to meso to you I say mind your business

Mind my business?I posted in here just like everyone else... so whatever is in here... is my business.And whether you started it or not.. you perpetuated it. You're also the one who says everyone here sucks because they play 1/2. Doesn't seem to me that it's very relevant to much of anything. You're just being a jerk, so don't expect people to give you any respect or actually back down and agree with you when you are acting like that.

Mind my business?I posted in here just like everyone else... so whatever is in here... is my business.And whether you started it or not.. you perpetuated it. You're also the one who says everyone here sucks because they play 1/2. Doesn't seem to me that it's very relevant to much of anything. You're just being a jerk, so don't expect people to give you any respect or actually back down and agree with you when you are acting like that.
show me 1 post where I said anyone sucked.guess what, you cant find onecuz I never said itI may disagree with some of you but why would I say you suck at pokerI did say there are some big egos for 1-2 players and I meant that

Ok, this is only my second post on this forum, but it seems to me that in that particular hand he assessed the situation correctly. In my opinion, anyone who believes that the pot odds and an understanding of "standard mid-limit play" necessitate an automatic call here should come play as a regular in my game. It is a perfectly reasonable possibility that the blinds might mix up their play for a little deception before the flop by calling the button's raise(slowplay) w/ QQ in the little, or just calling w/ A9 or AQ from either blind... Or, they may have called the raise and not reraised for a variety of other reasons. What is MUCH less likely is that they got agressive on 4th street against that board, and AGAINST EACH OTHER as well as the button without having the 3 A's, K kicker beat. Is it possible they could have bet and raised with less than AK on 4th street? Yes, but not very likely given their previous play. As the guys before said, TIGHT doesn't mean PASSIVE, but the aggregate Agressive behavior of both blinds suggests that AK is a dog here.... It is unlikely that BOTH tight players are playing so agressively w/ less than A, top kicker.Or, my assessment of the situation could be totally wrong, and the guy w/ AK is just a big weenie and should go back to knitting or whatever else he did before playing poker...Your call I guess. :wink: