what the hell just happened???

ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this.  This is how it is:  OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way.  Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory.  Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays.  and with that, i say good day.
yes good day to youand I dont play "play" moneyI feel your jealousy thoughyou only dream of playing against real players while I have done ityou only wish you could sit in green chip game while I have done ityou only hope to make a final table in a 1000 dollar buy in tourneywhile I have done itother than that good luck
you wouldn't be bragging about any of that if you didn't have something to prove, btw unless every online player and everyone else in the live games i've played is a bot they're all "real players" in their mind.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this.  This is how it is:  OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way.  Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory.  Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays.  and with that, i say good day.
yes good day to youand I dont play "play" moneyI feel your jealousy thoughyou only dream of playing against real players while I have done ityou only wish you could sit in green chip game while I have done ityou only hope to make a final table in a 1000 dollar buy in tourneywhile I have done itother than that good luck
and now you are broke. good story. PS the 30-60 at Port Perry is a green chip game...
ok i dont know how to make this any more clear:  Tight does not equal Passive  why is it that a professional such as yourself cannot grasp the meanings of these two simple, but unrelated terms?
I have the agree with JustBlaze on this.I also didn't realize Tight equaled unimaginative player. OP says he was raising most pots being super aggresive all session. The SB or BB could have been making a move thinking you were just on a steal. I realize it was raised and then reraised on the turn but you have a good hand with very few hands that could beat you and lot of hand they could have raised with that you are crushing given your loose image. Personally I would have capped the turn. If the SB and BB both call (I expect the BB to call but the SB would have me concerned) what I would do on the river would depend if I hit my 3-outer and how the betting went before it was my action, but I would have to see the river with that hand at the very least. Disclaimer: I currently play 3/6 and some 5/10. I suck. I'm cold flame away.
Too bad too, I guess when you were there, you know as you mention in EVERY POST... you spent your time dreaming of higher limits, and didnt notice you were a losing player...Anyone here can play against people you played against, I can get a microloan, drain my bank account, go play at a nice high stake game, lose all my money like you, and come back and brag about the limits I played in too.... You're not special, if you played at those limits and were a winning player, I might give you credit. But you lostAnd the fact that all you do is stroke your ego by telling us over and over that your plays are correct "because you've played at the highest limits with the best of the best" makes me want to vomit... YOU LOST TO THOSE PLAYERS!!! obviously your play is correct because you've lost to the best players in the world (obvious sarcasm, but I felt i'd point it out because your obviously not smart enough to realize you're a losing player, you might not recognize blatant sarcasm... ANYONE CAN LOSE TO THEM,just because you blew all your money doesnt mean you know the right moves.... it actually proves to us you shouldnt trust them...
Too bad too, I guess when you were there, you know as you mention in EVERY POST... you spent your time dreaming of higher limits, and didnt notice you were a losing player...Anyone here can play against people you played against, I can get a microloan, drain my bank account, go play at a nice high stake game, lose all my money like you, and come back and brag about the limits I played in too.... You're not special, if you played at those limits and were a winning player, I might give you credit. But you lostAnd the fact that all you do is stroke your ego by telling us over and over that your plays are correct "because you've played at the highest limits with the best of the best" makes me want to vomit... YOU LOST TO THOSE PLAYERS!!! obviously your play is correct because you've lost to the best players in the world (obvious sarcasm, but I felt i'd point it out because your obviously not smart enough to realize you're a losing player, you might not recognize blatant sarcasm... ANYONE CAN LOSE TO THEM,just because you blew all your money doesnt mean you know the right moves.... it actually proves to us you shouldnt trust them...
Actually, he claims that he was a "winning" player against them and that he blew off his money on other things. I have my reasonable doubts. Oh well.

Actually, he claims that he was a "winning" player against them and that he blew off his money on other things. I have doubts. Oh well.I've seen him claim alot about poker, most of which is wrong or not true.... im assuming his winning player claim is wrong too

yes good day to you and I dont play "play" money I feel your jealousy though you only dream of playing against real players while I have done it you only wish you could sit in green chip game while I have done it you only hope to make a final table in a 1000 dollar buy in tourney while I have done it other than that good luck
SplashMasterI hear you bash JustBlaze and others continuously while bragging about your poker skills. You realize none of that matters if you keep going broke. I believe you claim to be able to separate your family money from your poker money yet you seem unable to separate your poker money from you other gambling habits. Being the smart guy I know you are wouldn't it be a good idea to have a separate "blow this money on stupid gambling plays" bankroll separate from your poker bankroll. You seem to be projecting. Not trying to get flame although I know it is coming but relax with the "I've to taken over the poker world (again, again, again, etc...)" crew crap.

I don't think a call, fold or raise is automatic in this situation. This is one of those marginal situations where depending on the type of game, there's a different answer each time. I think it's a good laydown if you consider that your going to probably get a 160 shot on the turn and have it capped and your drawing to just a king on the river. What to do in this situation depends strictly on your read of your opponents. A9, AQ, 99, QQ are all possible to 3 bet, but that doesn't mean they will be. Checking/calling into an aggressive player knowing they'll bet is not a bad play. Also you have to keep in mind that there are 3 players if you include yourself in the pot and your holding trips with top kicker, what could these guys be betting and raising with when you hold one of the Aces? 1 player might have the other Ace with a worst kicker, but surely the other player has at least a boat and in this instance your drawing to 3 outs. Nobody is going to bet/raise here without an Ace or a boat, not into 2 players in a pot that's been raised. You have to know that with a board like this, getting action is not a good thing, unless you have the nuts. If you call here, your going to get suckered in for many more bets. You need to factor in whether you would call on the river unimproved as well if your going to call on the turn, otherwise your just throwing money away. This decision on the turn will probably make you call on the river as well, since the pot is laying you the right odds, but you see how 1 bad/wrong decision leads to another. Calling when you know your beat is a terrible play at any level.In a low limit game, I'd probably call this down depending on the players. Somebody with a weak Ace would probably bet/raise and someone that hit their Queen might do the same not believing somebody had trips or better.

I don't think a call, fold or raise is automatic in this situation. This is one of those marginal situations where depending on the type of game, there's a different answer each time. I think it's a good laydown if you consider that your going to probably get a 160 shot on the turn and have it capped and your drawing to just a king on the river. What to do in this situation depends strictly on your read of your opponents. A9, AQ, 99, QQ are all possible to 3 bet, but that doesn't mean they will be. Checking/calling into an aggressive player knowing they'll bet is not a bad play. Also you have to keep in mind that there are 3 players if you include yourself in the pot and your holding trips with top kicker, what could these guys be betting and raising with when you hold one of the Aces? 1 player might have the other Ace with a worst kicker, but surely the other player has at least a boat and in this instance your drawing to 3 outs. Nobody is going to bet/raise here without an Ace or a boat, not into 2 players in a pot that's been raised. You have to know that with a board like this, getting action is not a good thing, unless you have the nuts. If you call here, your going to get suckered in for many more bets. You need to factor in whether you would call on the river unimproved as well if your going to call on the turn, otherwise your just throwing money away. This decision on the turn will probably make you call on the river as well, since the pot is laying you the right odds, but you see how 1 bad/wrong decision leads to another. Calling when you know your beat is a terrible play at any level. In a low limit game, I'd probably call this down depending on the players. Somebody with a weak Ace would probably bet/raise and someone that hit their Queen might do the same not believing somebody had trips or better.
I like this post. Since I wasn't there in the game I think I would either Cap or Fold. I think calling is a bad play because you give up the lead and you are still not sure where you stand with the hand. What if the SB Caps? What do you do then? Surely not fold to one more bet. Not given the fact that you do have more outs then just your Kings. If I had good reads on these guys then I could see folding with only minimial money in the pot.The river play is the tricky part for me. Not sure how I would handle it. If I planned to call being on the button could be a disadvantage since I would most likely have to call 2-cold and then get Capped behind me.I agree this is a tough situation.

first off, i stopped reading a few posts after OP stated the outcome of the hand, so what i'm about to say may have been said already.i didn't agree with the fold when i first read the post. because of your loose image, it's possible you were up against Ax or even Qx. I would have slowed down and just called the raises and a bet on the river. However, there is a huge problem with that play. Unless you can put the SB on a steal or a weak hand that he will fold, you don't close the betting on the turn. it could easily be capped. then on the river, after a bet and raise, you can't call because it will get reraised. Of course, having seen the outcome, maybe this thinking is a little skewed.Here's what i thought right after reading the post:Because of your loose play and stealing position, I thought SB was stealing with QK, QJ, or some PP. in other words, he's thinks you have crap. The problem arises with the BB's reraise. He can't be restealing the pot from you and the SB. He has to have a strong, if not very strong hand, but does he have you beat. I put him on A9.With the SB in play, he will reraise pf with fewer hands than if it was heads up, or if the SB had reraised so he could cap. AQ and QQ is a reraise but I don't reraise anything else in a 3 way pot. Had the SB reraised, those hands plus AJ & 99, could all cap the pot. BB could easily just call one bet with 99 and A9, both of which have you drawing slim, as well as Ax.Going with these reads, I would have called the reraise. SB would most likely fold, and you call a bet on the river.i don't have a problem with the fold, though calling down would have been my choice. with only 4 hands ahead of AK, you want to show down. however, the turn will get capped whether you do it yourself or not. SB bets out river, and if BB raises you MUST fold (if it isn't a K). One bet on the river is an easy call with such a big pot.

i would say since he is picking up pots all day and growing his stack and happy with it, there's no reason to get involved in this pot when it could be capped on the turn and river and if he doesnt get away from it now, he's not getting away from it later. No reason to take a chance you could be beat when someone finally does pick up a hand when you are continually picking up pots where they don't. Let these 2 fight it out when they both have a hand. I'm not really a limit player, but a fold doesn't look too bad, it also shows that you aren't CONSTANTLY raising and are at least somewhat selective in hands you continue with.

I reckon that your lying and they didnt have those pockets. You posted the hand and you were waiting on everyone to say "how great you were" for laying them down. Instead you got everyone saying what a fool you were for laying them down so you thought " oh well I better say that they both flopped full house to cover my ass" and maybe now ill get all those "well done's" that the post was wrote in for.

Umm, being a lurker, i love how you defend one of the biggest idiots on the forum, that being just blaze. Sorry, but seriously, you suck. I dont care how many posts you have, its damn apparent, that in the 3 months youve been here, you post more than you probably play.How can you even criticsize the thread starter for speaking his mind on the forum, umm last time i checked, that was the purpose of this forum. Just blaze....you honestly, honestly ****ing suck.I dont care how many poker books you read, your advice is absolute crap. I suggest you work on your game and stay away from the forum.1700 posts in 3 months...jesus, get a life.

Yeah... I guess you all are right.Next time I flop top trips with the best kicker.. and I get raised on the turn, I'll make sure to fold that one every time. It's quite obvious that I'm beat. Especially when I've been playing like a moron the whole game, splashing around in every pot. Who would ever think of raising someone like that without the nuts? You guys sure taught me something.
I think it was raised and re-raised in a TIGHT gamedo you think TIGHT players will put in 3 bets without a monster with 2 aces on boardlike I said , in this situation a fold sounds correctin a different game with different players maybe a cap is rightmaybe a call and a call on the river is rightplay a limit higher than 1-2 and than put some input in
Yeah, because 1/2 plays SOOO Much different.Funny that when I was watching the 20/40 on live at the bike last night... they were playing J7o to raises and calling down with AQ and no pair.Yeah... I guess I'm way out of my league giving advice. And don't you think AJ or A10 would be raising in that situation also? Maybe waiting for the big bet to do it? Come on... stop being a jerk and admit he should have at LEAST called it down. Or he's going to be losing a lot of profit by throwing away the best hand.
wowif you think 1-2 and 20-40 are the same there is no help for youbring your 1-2 mentality to a 20-40 game and you will leave with your tail between your legs
I was not looking for a pat on the back for how I played the hand. I was responding to all of you who thought that the call here was "AUTOMATIC" This is the reason why alot of people in the poker world who try to play for a living end up broke and go back to their 9 to 5 (most of them are dealers who think they can play (Just blaze is this you????). I analyzed the situation and b/c it was a tight table (which by the way doesn't happen very often at Foxwoods) I knew I was beat and only had $100 invetested into the hand to which I might and was drawing to a 3 outer.
Are you really gonna let a bunch of micro limit players tell you how to play your game, which is obviously successful... I agree w/ you that this is an automatic laydown for me facing a raise and reraise.. I also agreed that QQ is not much of a possibility. However, one of those guys has to have you beat, let alone both of them. Good lay down, nice hand, and well played... Next time you want a critique on advanced play, I wouldn't come here... It is mainly a bunch of people who flame others play in order to feel better about themselves, and their own poker game, and the same people yelling about how one person caught a 2 outer, and the other caught a 3 outer... and crying home cuz they are broke.
heres a question> why would he ask for our advice if he didnt want to hear it? the laydown here is very weak. And i play 10-20, i know thats micro limit to a 100-200 player such as yourself or splashmaster (who although being broke assures us that he plays the highest limits around with the best in the world).
still at justblaze?you make me laughand didnt you prove that I actually did play against world class talent?anyways its time to shut your mouth
it doesnt take skill to play in a big game. it just takes money. where did yours go?
mine went to the sportsbooks during the nfl season15,590 to be exactmore $$$ than you will ever make playing poker
ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this. This is how it is: OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way. Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory. Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays. and with that, i say good day.
maybe you havnt read any of my postsmy losses were not from pokerthey were from sports wagers and video poker machinesIm a winning player but have poor money management skillsso untill you know the facts stay out of thislove these guys who see half the story and input crapI was
Actually, he claims that he was a "winning" player against them and that he blew off his money on other things. I have doubts. Oh well.I've seen him claim alot about poker, most of which is wrong or not true.... im assuming his winning player claim is wrong too
what have I claimed that was untrueshow meI said I played tournaments and final tables against world class playersshow me where I posted playing live games with themthe only players Ive played live against worth mentioning are Joe awada huck seed and layne flackat the palms nlh game
Man, if you've got the intelligence to be a winning poker player then surely you have the intelligence to get away from Video Poker. Those things will get you into the gutter.
Its a serious problem for meI know you cant win at itand thats the scary partcuz the money goes init starts off like thisif I have a winning session at poker say I win 235.00I say ok Ill put the 35.00 in the machine and win 200.00 for the night.countless times I have blew the 235.00 plus the money I bought into the poker game forits sick really

o and suited up, you obviously suck too.If you're playing loose and someone bets into you, they arn't likely to be bluffing. They have a big hand that they want paid off. Seriously, dm made a great fold and a great read. A raise and a call in front of him, an automatic call. But wiht a raise and a re raise. You have to be very cautious. I dont know what the pot odds are, but if they were good enough, it might be alright to call, because you are drawing to the nuts.Plus some of you somehow think QQ wouldve for sure re raisedre flop. WHY?If a loose player is playing, I myself am not going to re raise. Im going to call, and let the loose bastard pay me off. If you re raise, you might be loosing a few bets and a bigger pot.

There's no way you are beat here. Any hands that beat you here, would have re-raised you preflop.
Um, wrong.He could be beat. A-9, A-Q, 9-9? Not everyone at the table is going to 3-bet preflop with those hands.Doesn't mean he should fold though. He said he's seen as the loose one at the table.
Against a loose button raiser yes you are going to re-raise with AQ and 99...if you don't it is a mortal sin and you are losing out money in the long run since you have a better start hand than they are probably raising with. Folding here is really bad. You may be up against A9, but if you are you have to pay it off. You need to cap it here on 4th street and then maybe if you think you are beat just check/call it down on the river. You talked about how you are considered loose so no one is going to give you credit here for AK.
o and splash master, you obviously suck too.If you're playing loose and someone bets into you, they arn't likely to be bluffing. They have a big hand that they want paid off. Seriously, dm made a great fold and a great read. A raise and a call in front of him, an automatic call. But wiht a raise and a re raise. You have to be very cautious. I dont know what the pot odds are, but if they were good enough, it might be alright to call, because you are drawing to the nuts.Plus some of you somehow think QQ wouldve for sure re raisedre flop. WHY?If a loose player is playing, I myself am not going to re raise. Im going to call, and let the loose censored pay me off. If you re raise, you might be loosing a few bets and a bigger pot.
again read the post I made I was COMPLIMENTING the fold bozohave a cluewow this forum is full of idiotsits tiresomelol clown
o and suited up, you obviously suck too.If you're playing loose and someone bets into you, they arn't likely to be bluffing. They have a big hand that they want paid off. Seriously, dm made a great fold and a great read. A raise and a call in front of him, an automatic call. But wiht a raise and a re raise. You have to be very cautious. I dont know what the pot odds are, but if they were good enough, it might be alright to call, because you are drawing to the nuts.Plus some of you somehow think QQ wouldve for sure re raisedre flop. WHY?If a loose player is playing, I myself am not going to re raise. Im going to call, and let the loose censored pay me off. If you re raise, you might be loosing a few bets and a bigger pot.
WOW. You certainly sound qualified to tell us we all suck.

Im a winning player but have poor money management skills That makes you a losing player....It takes good money management skills to be considered a winning player... You have no money, yet continue to brag on and on about how great you are... clearly, your not

Im a winning player but have poor money management skills That makes you a losing player....
no it makes me winning poker player with leaksthanks for the input thoughhustle up and back to your micro limits :!: