what the hell just happened???

I was not looking for a pat on the back for how I played the hand.  I was responding to all of you who thought that the call here was "AUTOMATIC"  This is the reason why alot of people in the poker world who try to play for a living end up broke and go back to their 9 to 5 (most of them are dealers who think they can play (Just blaze is this you????).  I analyzed the situation and b/c it was a tight table (which by the way doesn't happen very often at Foxwoods) I knew I was beat and only had $100 invetested into the hand to which I might and was drawing to a 3 outer.
Are you really gonna let a bunch of micro limit players tell you how to play your game, which is obviously successful... I agree w/ you that this is an automatic laydown for me facing a raise and reraise.. I also agreed that QQ is not much of a possibility. However, one of those guys has to have you beat, let alone both of them. Good lay down, nice hand, and well played... Next time you want a critique on advanced play, I wouldn't come here... It is mainly a bunch of people who flame others play in order to feel better about themselves, and their own poker game, and the same people yelling about how one person caught a 2 outer, and the other caught a 3 outer... and crying home cuz they are broke.
could not have said it better myselfthough there are a few good eggs on this forum
And egos. :club:
touche
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good players make good folds, and for those advocating a call or raise, i say, your not good enough to play those limits. The guy raises, the next guy reraises, they've been tight all day, what in the world could they have? You know someone made at least the under-full in this situation.Great fold man!

Maybe I'm too used to having 7 to the flop in a raise pot, but I just can't see 3 betting with A9. Guess everyone has their own style.
meh, you are too fixated on A9 being a crap hand. its a good hand HU against a blind steal. i wouldnt call for 20$ with it in MP but i would definitely raise with it to a steal. playing the man, and all that :club:

Yeah... I guess you all are right.Next time I flop top trips with the best kicker.. and I get raised on the turn, I'll make sure to fold that one every time. It's quite obvious that I'm beat. Especially when I've been playing like a moron the whole game, splashing around in every pot. Who would ever think of raising someone like that without the nuts? You guys sure taught me something.

I was not looking for a pat on the back for how I played the hand.  I was responding to all of you who thought that the call here was "AUTOMATIC"  This is the reason why alot of people in the poker world who try to play for a living end up broke and go back to their 9 to 5 (most of them are dealers who think they can play (Just blaze is this you????).  I analyzed the situation and b/c it was a tight table (which by the way doesn't happen very often at Foxwoods) I knew I was beat and only had $100 invetested into the hand to which I might and was drawing to a 3 outer.
Are you really gonna let a bunch of micro limit players tell you how to play your game, which is obviously successful... I agree w/ you that this is an automatic laydown for me facing a raise and reraise.. I also agreed that QQ is not much of a possibility. However, one of those guys has to have you beat, let alone both of them. Good lay down, nice hand, and well played... Next time you want a critique on advanced play, I wouldn't come here... It is mainly a bunch of people who flame others play in order to feel better about themselves, and their own poker game, and the same people yelling about how one person caught a 2 outer, and the other caught a 3 outer... and crying home cuz they are broke.
heres a question> why would he ask for our advice if he didnt want to hear it? the laydown here is very weak. And i play 10-20, i know thats micro limit to a 100-200 player such as yourself or splashmaster (who although being broke assures us that he plays the highest limits around with the best in the world).
Yeah... I guess you all are right.Next time I flop top trips with the best kicker.. and I get raised on the turn, I'll make sure to fold that one every time.  It's quite obvious that I'm beat.  Especially when I've been playing like a moron the whole game, splashing around in every pot.  Who would ever think of raising someone like that without the nuts?  You guys sure taught me something.
I think it was raised and re-raised in a TIGHT gamedo you think TIGHT players will put in 3 bets without a monster with 2 aces on boardlike I said , in this situation a fold sounds correctin a different game with different players maybe a cap is rightmaybe a call and a call on the river is rightplay a limit higher than 1-2 and than put some input in

THE REASON PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS THAT HE CAME ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVICE WHEN THE RESULTS ENDED UP CONFIRMING THE CORRECTNESS OF HIS PLAY.OBVIOUSLY HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE, BECAUSE THE END RESULT JUSTIFIED HIS PLAY. WHY WOULD YOU NEED ADVICE WHEN THE FACTS SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.THEREFORE, HE IS JUST AGGRANDIZING HIMSELF AND SHOWING THE WORLD THAT HE IS A GOOD POKER PLAYER. WHILE THIS MAY BE TRUE, HE IS NOT THAT GOOD OF A HUMAN BEING.

Yeah... I guess you all are right.Next time I flop top trips with the best kicker.. and I get raised on the turn, I'll make sure to fold that one every time.  It's quite obvious that I'm beat.  Especially when I've been playing like a moron the whole game, splashing around in every pot.  Who would ever think of raising someone like that without the nuts?  You guys sure taught me something.
I think it was raised and re-raised in a TIGHT gamedo you think TIGHT players will put in 3 bets without a monster with 2 aces on boardlike I said , in this situation a fold sounds correctin a different game with different players maybe a cap is rightmaybe a call and a call on the river is rightplay a limit higher than 1-2 and than put some input in
ok i dont know how to make this any more clear:Tight does not equal Passivewhy is it that a professional such as yourself cannot grasp the meanings of these two simple, but unrelated terms?
heres a question> why would he ask for our advice if he didnt want to hear it? the laydown here is very weak. And i play 10-20, i know thats micro limit to a 100-200 player such as yourself or splashmaster (who although being broke assures us that he plays the highest limits around with the best in the world).
still at justblaze?you make me laughand didnt you prove that I actually did play against world class talent?anyways its time to shut your mouth
He was raised and re-raised by 2 tight players and made a great lay down, myself i'm not sure if i woulda called or folded. Give the guy full credit for making the correct read,he said he knew he was beat.Maybe thats why he can survive playing 20/40 and most of us are playing low limits we have alot to learn I guess.
See, you have to come back w/ a flame... seriously, its ok, you don't have to bash someone else all the time to feel better... And I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to the MICRO limit players, so don't get your panties in a bunch. I also only play 10-20 when i play limit. I have dabbled higher, but not much... So from now on, no more flames man, just chill out.
THE REASON PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS THAT HE CAME ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVICE WHEN THE RESULTS ENDED UP CONFIRMING THE CORRECTNESS OF HIS PLAY.OBVIOUSLY HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE, BECAUSE THE END RESULT JUSTIFIED HIS PLAY.  WHY WOULD YOU NEED ADVICE WHEN THE FACTS SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.THEREFORE, HE IS JUST AGGRANDIZING HIMSELF AND SHOWING THE WORLD THAT HE IS A GOOD POKER PLAYER.  WHILE THIS MAY BE TRUE, HE IS NOT THAT GOOD OF A HUMAN BEING.
Normally, all caps posts annoy me, but the last sentence just made me laugh. In such a dumb thread, I needed that. Thanks posoo.
still at justblaze?you make me laughand didnt you prove that I actually did play against world class talent?anyways its time to shut your mouth
it doesnt take skill to play in a big game. it just takes money. where did yours go?
Yeah, because 1/2 plays SOOO Much different.Funny that when I was watching the 20/40 on live at the bike last night... they were playing J7o to raises and calling down with AQ and no pair.Yeah... I guess I'm way out of my league giving advice. And don't you think AJ or A10 would be raising in that situation also? Maybe waiting for the big bet to do it? Come on... stop being a jerk and admit he should have at LEAST called it down. Or he's going to be losing a lot of profit by throwing away the best hand.
See, you have to come back w/ a flame... seriously, its ok, you don't have to bash someone else all the time to feel better... And I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to the MICRO limit players, so don't get your panties in a bunch. I also only play 10-20 when i play limit. I have dabbled higher, but not much... So from now on, no more flames man, just chill out.
do you realize that by making a generalization that everyone here is a microlimit player, and using the term in a condescending tone, you are, in fact, flaming us?
He was raised and re-raised by 2 tight players and made a great lay down, myself i'm not sure if i woulda called or folded. Give the guy full credit for making the correct read,he said he knew he was beat.Maybe thats why he can survive playing 20/40 and most of us are playing low limits we have alot to learn I guess.
He knew he was beat huh? That's a good trick, I wonder if they teach seeing other people's cards at 20/40 school.
Meh, I fully admit to not being a great limit player, so I am staying out of the strategical arguments of this thread. I just find it ridiculous every time someone starts a thread asking a question when they already know the "answer." Such a thread serves no purpose, except to demonstrate the stupidity of the OP.

Meh, I fully admit to not being a great limit player, so I am staying out of the strategical arguments of this thread. I just find it ridiculous every time someone starts a thread asking a question when they already know the "answer." Such a thread serves no purpose, except to demonstrate the stupidity of the OP.Well thats where I see it different I think it serves the purpose of being able to lay down real good hands, if we could learn to do this it would make us better players, IMOThats where alot of us have leaks (me included) we call raises even though we feel we are beat and lose money we dont have to.

THE REASON PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS THAT HE CAME ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVICE WHEN THE RESULTS ENDED UP CONFIRMING THE CORRECTNESS OF HIS PLAY.OBVIOUSLY HE IS NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE, BECAUSE THE END RESULT JUSTIFIED HIS PLAY.  WHY WOULD YOU NEED ADVICE WHEN THE FACTS SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.THEREFORE, HE IS JUST AGGRANDIZING HIMSELF AND SHOWING THE WORLD THAT HE IS A GOOD POKER PLAYER.  WHILE THIS MAY BE TRUE, HE IS NOT THAT GOOD OF A HUMAN BEING.
keyboard4.jpg

ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this. This is how it is: OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way. Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory. Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays. and with that, i say good day.

ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this.  This is how it is:  OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way.  Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory.  Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays.  and with that, i say good day.
I SAID GOOD DAY!

i dont understand how most people here are saying this is an automatic call after a raise and a reraise i would consider this an automatic fold seeing as you could still be looking at multiiple bets before showdown. The odds are your beat by one of the hands. And i think someone else said it.....if your not throwing the best hand away once in a while your not playing the game right. anyway just my two cents

A K FLOP A A 9 Turn Q No way you were drawing to a three outer there chuckles... -if he has QQ you still have 3 kings, 3 nines and an A-If he has AQ you still have 3 kings, 2 Queens (to split)-if he has A9 you still have 3 kings (and 3 queens, 2 nines to a split)-if he has 99 you still have 3 kings, 3 queens, and an AIf both guys have something good:-If one has QQ and the other had A9 you still have 3 kings, (2 nines to split)-QQ and 99 you still have 3 kings and an A-AQ and A9 you have 3 kings, plus 2 queens and 2 nines to a split-AQ and QQ you still have 3 kings thats you're only 3 outer.... but I find it hard to beleive that no one would raise preflopBad laydown IMO

ok this is ridiculous. im not wasting any more time on this.  This is how it is:  OP: congratulations, you made a great play. only a sucker would 3 bet without the nuts. keep playing that way.  Wannabe: dont even bother reading this, im just a lowly microlimit player who doesnt know anything. the fundamental rules of the game mysteriously change at 20-40 and higher, making it impossible to apply poker theory.  Splashmaster: you are broke. try playing higher than play money before you criticize the stakes that i, or anyone else plays.  and with that, i say good day.
yes good day to youand I dont play "play" moneyI feel your jealousy thoughyou only dream of playing against real players while I have done ityou only wish you could sit in green chip game while I have done ityou only hope to make a final table in a 1000 dollar buy in tourneywhile I have done itother than that good luck