New Challenge (old Challenge)

Also, on that hand. I think by the turn Villain is aware I have a big hand. I am checking AA, etc on that turn pretty much always. He knows I am betting the river for value. He knows I have a big hand, he knows I am betting the river for value and yet, he still wants all the money in the pot.Edit: Honestly, I'm not even sure about folding. I was pretty sure when I posted it that just about everyone was going to say call it off. I'm just trying to figure out if calling it off is correct given the hand and this Villain.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I know you know this but having absolutes like that in poker is crazy. Not saying I love either option at this point. But beyond the "OMG, we have a full house getting 5 to 1", what exactly do we beat that this Villain is shoving on the river?
yes, i realize that. i guess if we want to go deeper in the hand i want to know what your aggression factor is since i've never played with you. from the hands you post, i have to imagine it's pretty high in pots you were the PF aggressor. Maybe he's valueshoving AK where he called instead of raised to balance his calling range and now thinks he's set a great trap? Maybe he's just getting the rest of his chips in because he didn't think you'd lead 3 streets w/ that flop and AK? i promise i'm thinking beyond "omg i has a house call", and i'm never happy that he raised there, but if my image is an aggressive one postflop, i have a really hard time not calling.
Tskizzo, I'm considering your bet. I'll keep you posted. I plan on humping February into submission.
Do it. Do eeeeeeet. I thought we'd be able to generate some more people here... Casey? (piss off Jesse) jk you can come in too. What about $100 grinders on here, I know I see cubsfan, KHS, and TB at least at the tables. I know I'm missing others too, those are just Stars people! And it doesn't matter what stakes you play, just put $100 up that your BB/100 will be higher than everyone elses!
yes, i realize that. i guess if we want to go deeper in the hand i want to know what your aggression factor is since i've never played with you. from the hands you post, i have to imagine it's pretty high in pots you were the PF aggressor. Maybe he's valueshoving AK where he called instead of raised to balance his calling range and now thinks he's set a great trap? Maybe he's just getting the rest of his chips in because he didn't think you'd lead 3 streets w/ that flop and AK? i promise i'm thinking beyond "omg i has a house call", and i'm never happy that he raised there, but if my image is an aggressive one postflop, i have a really hard time not calling.
I'm actually not really aggressive post. Once I bet the turn against this Villain, at minimum I am going to have KQ. And once I bet the river, I have at least AK.
I'm actually not really aggressive post. Once I bet the turn against this Villain, at minimum I am going to have KQ. And once I bet the river, I have at least AK.
I think there's a decent chance he flats AK. KK, KJ, JJ, or 77 are likely but I still can't fold it with AK, KTs, KQ being possibilities.
Do it. Do eeeeeeet. I thought we'd be able to generate some more people here... Casey? (piss off Jesse) jk you can come in too. What about $100 grinders on here, I know I see cubsfan, KHS, and TB at least at the tables. I know I'm missing others too, those are just Stars people! And it doesn't matter what stakes you play, just put $100 up that your BB/100 will be higher than everyone elses!
I learned my lesson w hand prop bets this month lol, and tbh winrates over 20k hands is kinda lol. But i hope you smash this bet anyways sir :club:
I think there's a decent chance he flats AK. KK, KJ, JJ, or 77 are likely but I still can't fold it with KTs, KQ being possibilities.
I think he is rarely shoving those hands on the river.
I think he is rarely shoving those hands on the river.
i believe you've made that point already :)so results or are you waiting for the good players to come in and tell us underlings we're wrong?
i believe you've made that point already :)so results or are you waiting for the good players to come in and tell us underlings we're wrong?
Wat? I even stated I wasn't sure folding was correct. Merely stating what I think there are the merits to folding. Surely we can have a discussion about a hand? Or no?
Villain is 18/14/1.4Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $75.00BB: $200.00Hero (UTG): $392.55MP: $225.65CO: $218.15BTN: $114.10Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with 2 :D 2 :club:Hero raises to $8, 4 folds, BB calls $6Flop: ($17.00) 2 :4h K :ts K :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB calls $12Turn: ($41.00) 7 :5c(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $32, BB calls $32River: ($105.00) J :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $78, BB raises to $148 all in, Hero ???
This is a fullhouse <90% of the time imo. I probably make the call in the heat of playing, but this is definitly a fold imo. He is shipping the turn with trips.edit: looking at it closer this is a fullhouse like every single time, Jacks full is my guess
This is a fullhouse <90% of the time imo. I probably make the call in the heat of playing, but this is definitly a fold imo. He is shipping the turn with trips.edit: looking at it closer this is a fullhouse like every single time, Jacks full is my guess
How often is this AK or KQ who is "waiting for you to catch up"? Maybe he put us on AJ or something and it betting for value, he didnt wanna raise us out, hoping that we would make a pair or something so he could get some value for his hand.I disagree villan has a boat <90% of the time
How often is this AK or KQ who is "waiting for you to catch up"? Maybe he put us on AJ or something and it betting for value, he didnt wanna raise us out, hoping that we would make a pair or something so he could get some value for his hand.I disagree villan has a boad <90% of the time
Any decent Hero is NEVER betting any hand worse than KQ on the river for value.
How often is this AK or KQ who is "waiting for you to catch up"? Maybe he put us on AJ or something and it betting for value, he didnt wanna raise us out, hoping that we would make a pair or something so he could get some value for his hand.I disagree villan has a boat <90% of the time
Pretty damn close to never.
Pretty damn close to never.
Wat? I even stated I wasn't sure folding was correct. Merely stating what I think there are the merits to folding. Surely we can have a discussion about a hand? Or no?
no, i just really hate suprises and want to know what happenned. i guess i see more weird crap doing this at $50 and $100NL than you do at $200
no, i just really hate suprises and want to know what happenned. i guess i see more weird crap doing this at $50 and $100NL than you do at $200
Was waiting for more opinions unrelated to what limits anyone plays.I dunno what he had....Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $75.00BB: $200.00Hero (UTG): $392.55MP: $225.65CO: $218.15BTN: $114.10Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with 2 :D 2 :club:Hero raises to $8, 4 folds, BB calls $6Flop: ($17.00) 2 :4h K :ts K :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB calls $12Turn: ($41.00) 7 :5c(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $32, BB calls $32River: ($105.00) J :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $78, BB raises to $148 all in, Hero foldsFinal Pot: $261.00BB wins $258.00(Rake: $3.00)

I will say this, I made a mistake on the river. I bet without a plan. I was CONVINCED he had KQ after he called the turn. I didn't even really consider him shoving the river before I bet. In hindsight, I should have bet a little bit smaller since I was folding. Or I should have bet much smaller hoping to induce a lighter shove from him. I was also super irritated it was a fast table and I didn't have much time to think.