New Challenge (old Challenge)

rdonk, i'm planning on staying at matt's house w/ him and lindsey and their dogs. i haven't really told him this yet though, so keep a place for me to crash imo!- Jordan
LMAO
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I refuse to be pessimistic about my poker and I've just had a horrible January, followed by probably my worst effort ever last night. I tilted really bad, I didn't go off for a huge number, but I played the worst I've played in like 3 months. Anyways, I'm pretty disappointed in myself.But to motivate myself and just for fun I'd be interested in getting some bet going with some 6max $100-$200 grinders in here. We can discuss bet however you want, I'd like it to be something with total winnings/win rate or something though. I know we can't control win rate short term etc, but I'm gonna do dirty things to February and I don't give a damn about short term. So if someone wants to do some kind of win rate or winnings total for Feb, or for a few weeks or something with a minimum amount of hands, I'd love to. It'd be cool to do it like 4-5 ways too. I'm looking in the $50-$200 range. I think minimum hands should be something like 25k for a month bet, my hands past two months have been in the 50k range, but I'm looking to play less tables in February and hoping the hands come down to 35-40k.
If you want me to do this with you I will. Completely up to you. With you playing less tables next month, I do suggest win rate over total winnings though.
If you want me to do this with you I will. Completely up to you. With you playing less tables next month, I do suggest win rate over total winnings though.
What stakes do you plan on playing, what's your win rate over past like 40-50k hands at those stakes? We can do something like only your $200 max win rate vs only my $100max win rate (our optimal games win rate-wise, I'm assuming). That way when I crush $200 and you get crushed at $400+ you can hedge a little :club:
What stakes do you plan on playing, what's your win rate over past like 40-50k hands at those stakes? We can do something like only your $200 max win rate vs only my $100max win rate (our optimal games win rate-wise, I'm assuming). That way when I crush $200 and you get crushed at $400+ you can hedge a little :club:
Ummm.......it will probably be like 60-70% 200 I would guess. My win rate at 200 this month is my best ever, 5.5 PTBB. Got crushed at 400, won a little at 3/6 and 5/10. My worst month in almost a year (it is about half the volume I usually play though). My long term win rate with 11 tables at 200 is around 3.
On a bed made of people's last dollars.
i know that's how i slept last night. i put $100 on stars for the WSOP satellites thing DNA is running and apparently i haven't deposited since neteller, so my account had to be reverified before i could ship to DNA. Obviously i did the smart thing and sat $50NL HU, only played people who bought in for the last of their rolls, and stuffed my mattress with several stacks of $21.40, etc. that's gooooood sleeping.
Just a warning to everyone. There are a ton of people that want to come that first week and I'm not sure we will be able to accommodate everyone. We will do what we can but I just wanted to throw that out there.
Ive got flights for May 27 to June 3 that ill book if/when you guys confirm space, lmk plz
Ive got flights for May 27 to June 3 that ill book if/when you guys confirm space, lmk plz
The first night we will have the house is May 29th. We basically have the house already. There is one guy that I have been working with since we started looking at houses. He emailed me this weekend to tell me he just got a new listing that he thought would work for us but he won't have pictures for a few days. So he has it reserved for us pending us getting the pictures. We don't want to price the rooms and start booking stuff until we see the pictures.
Ummm.......it will probably be like 60-70% 200 I would guess. My win rate at 200 this month is my best ever, 5.5 PTBB. Got crushed at 400, won a little at 3/6 and 5/10. My worst month in almost a year (it is about half the volume I usually play though). My long term win rate with 11 tables at 200 is around 3.
3ptbb/100 right? We both use HEM now, though I think? So HEM is double the size, so you should be at 6bb/100 avg? How bout we only count 200max for you, 100max for me. To win you must have over 6bb/100 win rate for the month at your stakes (100 for me 200 for you) with at least 20k hands at those stakes. So if you beat me but my win rate is like 3 and yours is 4 neither of us win, but if you beat me and my win rate is 7 and yours is 8 you collect. Starting today until Feb 27th?$100?Edit: over 90k hands I'm at HEM5.5bb/100 at $100max

I don't know whether i'm mentally incapable of winning without showdown, but whatever I do seems to end up as a bigger failure than what I was doing before.I decided that I needed to be more aggressive in general and bet the turn more and stuff, so today I donked off two buy-ins to the spewiest hands ever.For your enjoyment-http://www.pokerhand.org/?3775383 and http://www.pokerhand.org/?3775392And despite playing like that, I still lose $20 in non-SD pots over 400 hands. Well played me imo.

showdown v nonshowdown garbage
The only stat that matters is how much you win, who cares how you do it. Both those hands are spew. Worry less about where your winning your money from and more about how to optimally win money with the style you play. IE value bet bigger/better/call less etc. Not just trying to shove draws so if they fold your won without showdown is higher.
3ptbb/100 right? We both use HEM now, though I think? So HEM is double the size, so you should be at 6bb/100 avg? How bout we only count 200max for you, 100max for me. To win you must have over 6bb/100 win rate for the month at your stakes (100 for me 200 for you) with at least 20k hands at those stakes. So if you beat me but my win rate is like 3 and yours is 4 neither of us win, but if you beat me and my win rate is 7 and yours is 8 you collect. Starting today until Feb 27th?$100?Edit: over 90k hands I'm at HEM5.5bb/100 at $100max
You realize in HEM you can change it to PTBB right? So yeah, all those numbers are PTBB.Those terms are fine. Up to you if you want to start today. Was having a really good day until I just lost AA to KK, 150 BB's deep.

mmmmm insta-tilt. I love those for breakfast!Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 21789The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $1760.00BB: $662.00Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BTN/SB with J :club: J :(Hero raises to $40, BB raises to $100, Hero raises to $270, BB calls $170Flop: ($540.00) 2 :3h 5 :qh 8 :D(2 players)BB bets $392 all in, Hero calls $392Turn: ($1324.00) 3 :club:(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($1324.00) Q :D(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $1324.00Hero shows J :ts J :club: (a pair of Jacks)BB shows J :D Q :3d (a flush, Queen high)BB wins $1323.50(Rake: $0.50)Party Poker $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 21791The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $608.50BB: $641.50Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with K :D 4 :club:Hero raises to $12, BB calls $8Flop: ($24.00) 3 :jh K :club: 2 :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($24.00) 4 :club:(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $18.00, BB raises to $78, Hero raises to $168, BB raises to $629.50, Hero calls $428.50 all inRiver: 3 :club:Final Pot: $1217.00Hero shows K :club: 4 :club:BB shows A :5c A :heart:BB wins $1216.50(Rake: $0.50)

good thing I knew my villain!
If he's "slowplaying" AA there, then he easily has a set. I don't assume that 34, 23 and 24 are typically in people's BB defense ranges, but if that is, then A5 and 56 are certainly in there more. I dunno, seems kind of thin.
If he's "slowplaying" AA there, then he easily has a set. I don't assume that 34, 23 and 24 are typically in people's BB defense ranges, but if that is, then A5 and 56 are certainly in there more. I dunno, seems kind of thin.
you're right. in a vacuum it's not the best playunder the circumstances of our match, it was the best play : )
So yeah, all those numbers are PTBB.
Haha. Nope, but just changed it! Okay so terms of bet will be BB/100 instead of bb/100 and it needs to be over 3 to win money.What I'd rather do is get some other people in on it and make the pot like $4-$600 (at $100 apiece) and biggest BB/100 scoops, with minimum to win being 3BB/100+ over at least 20k hands. Obv only open to 6max players, was hoping some more people would want to get in, so let's just leave it open, til Feb 1st and see if others want to get in and start from there?$100 apiece, who wants in? Name the stake you want it to count for and let's do this!