New Challenge (old Challenge)

Probably, i've not had it happen much before the past couple of days, but it makes me wonder what range you should raise (or 4bet with) with from the SB Never said I was a good player btw, just venting :club:
Depends what you class as shite really, QK, A5s+ etc, maybe KJ
I don't remember tbh, it was over a couple of tables, though I doubt it
Cheers. What if it's 3-bet? 4-bet, flat,fold etc?
IT DEPENDS
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

IT DEPENDS
Poster in 'shock trying to get better at poker via a poker forum'I know lots of factors vary. Ranges are a ballpark etc, knowing them is still of use though
Poster in 'shock trying to get better at poker via a poker forum'I know lots of factors vary. Ranges are a ballpark etc, knowing them is still of use though
If you're finding that people are 3-betting you a ton, you have two options to combat it. You can either call with a wider range and make moves on flops because their range is wider and the average hand in their range is weaker, or you can 4-bet preflop light as a way to punish them for 3-betting too wide and to balance your range so that you're more likely to get action when you 4-bet with a strong hand because you're perceived to be 4-betting with a wider range.

(While waiting for my flight at Laguardia in New York)step 1: buy wifi hotspot service for 8.99$step 2: chat with gf on aim so she's no longer sad about me leavingstep 3: 72008cy3.pngstep 4: profit?

I thought I registered on a saturday and tried to cancel on a friday but I guess I must have registered on a friday? Its not that big of a deal because its only like $30 and hopefully it will help me win more than that (which I'm sure it will). Although, at the moment it won't let me download or even stream for some reason, I'm going to reset my router once I finish this HU match I'm in to see if it's on my end or not.lEdit: Turns out its on their end with their servers.
If you do the 7 day free trial can you just dl a bunch of vids to watch later?

how did i win this?Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $91.70UTG+1: $43.95MP1: $27MP2: $49.50MP3: $21.10CO: $89.50NakedCowboy FCP: $100SB: $39BB: $87.65Pre-flop: (9 players) NakedCowboy FCP is Button with A :club: K :5c A :D 4 :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 raises to $1, CO folds, NakedCowboy FCP raises to $4.75, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.Flop: J :3h T :D 6 :D ($24, 5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 is all-in $16.35, NakedCowboy FCP raises to $73.05, BB raises all-in $82.9, UTG+1 calls all-in $39.2, MP2 folds, NakedCowboy FCP calls.Turn: A :4h ($222.5, 1 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $89.4, Sidepot 1: $68.55, Sidepot 2: $64.55)River: 2 :ts ($222.5, 1 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $89.4, Sidepot 1: $68.55, Sidepot 2: $64.55)Results:Final pot: $222.5NakedCowboy FCP showed Ad Kc Ac 4hBB showed 9d Tc Ts 2dUTG+1 showed 8h Jh Qc 7cMP3 showed 3c Qd Jd 9s

If you're finding that people are 3-betting you a ton, you have two options to combat it. You can either call with a wider range and make moves on flops because their range is wider and the average hand in their range is weaker, or you can 4-bet preflop light as a way to punish them for 3-betting too wide and to balance your range so that you're more likely to get action when you 4-bet with a strong hand because you're perceived to be 4-betting with a wider range.
Thanks. I think for now i'll experiment with 4-betting, depending on villains stats, as i'm not 100% comfortable playing OOP if I don't connect with a flooop
I ordered the CardRunners day pass from the FTP store sixteen forty hours ago, and am yet to get the log-in information.I searched around and apparently this is a problem that is "being addressed". Still it's pretty ridiculous that I put aside time for this, then I have to wait to begin it all over again as I could get the e-mail at any time really.Silly, silly, silly.
Fixed my post, which is just ridiculous.
So, kind of like this?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($15.90)Hero ($25.95)SB ($25)BB ($30.40)UTG ($25.85)MP ($26.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, BB raises to $2.9, Hero raises to $8.25, BB folds.Final Pot: $5.90Results in white below: No showdown. Hero wins $5.90.
So, kind of like this?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($15.90)Hero ($25.95)SB ($25)BB ($30.40)UTG ($25.85)MP ($26.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, BB raises to $2.9, Hero raises to $8.25, BB folds.Final Pot: $5.90Results in white below: No showdown. Hero wins $5.90.
Yeah, except I'd probably do it with a hand that I wouldn't want to see a flop with. OTB facing a 3-bet from someone who has been 3-betting light, QJo has a fair amount of equity and plays pretty well imo.
Yeah, except I'd probably do it with a hand that I wouldn't want to see a flop with. OTB facing a 3-bet from someone who has been 3-betting light, QJo has a fair amount of equity and plays pretty well imo.
So it's probably better to 4bet light with either complete trash or something like A9 right?
Eh, I probably just fold QJo to a 3bet, so I think 4bet > call. I'd rather it be a hand like QTs or TJs.
So it's probably better to 4bet light with either complete trash or something like A9 right?
Eh, I probably just fold QJo to a 3bet, so I think 4bet > call. I'd rather it be a hand like QTs or TJs.
I would never call the 3bet with QJo, so I like 4betting or folding it. I'd almost never 4bet something like A9 because if for some reason you get called and you flop an A, you have to stack off but you have some bad reverse implied odds there. But generally if you're 4betting, the guy is folding or shoving unless you're 200bbs deep so its not a huge deal.I'd normally call the 3bet with QTs or JTs. 4betting them is mostly worthless imo because if you're deep enough to get called (instead of just shoved on) then why not just call the 3bet so deep with such a good hand instead of allowing yourself to get blown off it.I don't 4bet very much, which is probably normal, you don't see it a ton. I normally call 3bets with JTs type hands, and 4bet air if it seems like a time they're just picking a spot to play back at me, and 4bet monsters I'll stack off with when I think they will get it in now.Mark
I'd normally call the 3bet with QTs or JTs. 4betting them is mostly worthless imo because if you're deep enough to get called (instead of just shoved on) then why not just call the 3bet so deep with such a good hand instead of allowing yourself to get blown off it.I don't 4bet very much, which is probably normal, you don't see it a ton. I normally call 3bets with JTs type hands, and 4bet air if it seems like a time they're just picking a spot to play back at me, and 4bet monsters I'll stack off with when I think they will get it in now.Mark
My comment may have come off as unclear. I meant, I'd rather 4bet than call QJo. And if I were to call, I'd rather it be a hand like QTs or JTs. I would pretty much never 4bet either of those.
I'd normally call the 3bet with QTs or JTs. 4betting them is mostly worthless imo because if you're deep enough to get called (instead of just shoved on) then why not just call the 3bet so deep with such a good hand instead of allowing yourself to get blown off it.I don't 4bet very much, which is probably normal, you don't see it a ton. I normally call 3bets with JTs type hands, and 4bet air if it seems like a time they're just picking a spot to play back at me, and 4bet monsters I'll stack off with when I think they will get it in now.Mark
Lag creates double postaments.

so I was outta town for a little over a week (wedding and funeral), and played 0 hands of poker over that time. Wow, I played really bad today. I also ran really bad. Humm.. maybe another 10 days off?

Lag creates double postaments.
I thought you just wanted to make sure you came off clear this time. :ts Oh, and if robusto is breaking even after being down a bunch, what do you call being up a bunch and finishing even? Cuz I just did that... :club:
and if robusto is breaking even after being down a bunch, what do you call being up a bunch and finishing even? Cuz I just did that... :club:
Borusto?
I thought you just wanted to make sure you came off clear this time. :ts Oh, and if robusto is breaking even after being down a bunch, what do you call being up a bunch and finishing even? Cuz I just did that... :club:
Borusto?
Rebusto?