Someone Please Tell Me What Just Happened? Lol

Alright well i was playing in a hubbles nl freeroll, when this hand came upPokerStars Game #8479631180: Tournament #42682907, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/02/17 - 01:15:02 (ET)Table '42682907 369' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: WiscBadger44 (5160 in chips) Seat 7: Jp_4fingers (16925 in chips) WiscBadger44: posts small blind 25sabsaw: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to WiscBadger44 [7d 3d]Big748: folds thenuts80: folds GoldnPaladin: folds ned529: folds Jp_4fingers: raises 150 to 200arizonacats3: folds ujuansome: folds WiscBadger44: calls 175sabsaw: folds *** FLOP *** [5d 8d Jc]WiscBadger44: checks Jp_4fingers: bets 200WiscBadger44: calls 200*** TURN *** [5d 8d Jc] [Qc]WiscBadger44: checks Jp_4fingers: bets 300WiscBadger44: calls 300*** RIVER *** [5d 8d Jc Qc] [Qs]WiscBadger44: checks Jp_4fingers: folds WiscBadger44 collected 1450 from potWiscBadger44: shows [7d 3d] (a pair of Queens)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1450 | Rake 0 Board [5d 8d Jc Qc Qs]Seat 1: WiscBadger44 (small blind) collected (1450)Seat 2: sabsaw (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: Big748 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: thenuts80 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: GoldnPaladin folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: ned529 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Jp_4fingers folded on the RiverSeat 8: arizonacats3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: ujuansome (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

I see the open farrel all the time in money games too, it doesnt make any sense. Its not a misclick because stars asks you if you're sure.In your hand because he was second to act he wouldn't have had to show unless he had the best hand. I don't understand.

Hold the phone, your calling 4xBB raise out of position with 73??????? Did you think we would focus on the open ferrill and miss that??
That's funny... In my cash game today I raised 4xBB with KK and a guy with 83suited called. He pushed all his chips in on the flop with only a flush draw and hit it on the river. It's obviously a winning strategy people!!!sw
Hold the phone, your calling 4xBB raise out of position with 73??????? Did you think we would focus on the open ferrill and miss that??
The only thing that is missing is that there were about five people sitting out, and he was gaining a reputation for stealing the blinds, 1 sitting out on either side of me. So I felt like getting a little lucky, I didn't think he was that strong, and if I hit the right flop I could of doubled through the big stack of his. Two diamonds hit on the flop, so by that time I felt like I was going to see the turn and river if it wouldn't cost me too much.
The only thing that is missing is that there were about five people sitting out, and he was gaining a reputation for stealing the blinds, 1 sitting out on either side of me. So I felt like getting a little lucky, I didn't think he was that strong, and if I hit the right flop I could of doubled through the big stack of his. Two diamonds hit on the flop, so by that time I felt like I was going to see the turn and river if it wouldn't cost me too much.
He had a higher flush draw...be glad it didn't hit.

its ok just took the guy out on the first hand he came back...another questionable play but heyPokerStars Game #8480040919: Tournament #42682907, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/02/17 - 01:51:36 (ET)Table '42682907 369' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: WiscBadger44 (12530 in chips) Seat 2: sabsaw (8700 in chips) is sitting outSeat 3: Big748 (2905 in chips) Seat 4: Clemenza (430 in chips) is sitting outSeat 5: GoldnPaladin (240 in chips) is sitting outSeat 6: MikeDArmi (30555 in chips) Seat 7: Jp_4fingers (8235 in chips) Seat 8: arizonacats3 (50 in chips) is sitting outSeat 9: phillypas (180 in chips) is sitting outsabsaw: posts small blind 75Big748: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to WiscBadger44 [Jh Ad]Clemenza: folds GoldnPaladin: folds MikeDArmi: folds Jp_4fingers: calls 150arizonacats3: folds phillypas: folds WiscBadger44: raises 300 to 450sabsaw: folds Big748: folds Jp_4fingers: calls 300*** FLOP *** [2s 8c As]Jp_4fingers: checks WiscBadger44: bets 450Jp_4fingers: calls 450*** TURN *** [2s 8c As] [Qc]Jp_4fingers: bets 600WiscBadger44: calls 600*** RIVER *** [2s 8c As Qc] [Qh]Jp_4fingers: bets 6735 and is all-inWiscBadger44: calls 6735*** SHOW DOWN ***Jp_4fingers: shows [Kd Tc] (a pair of Queens)WiscBadger44: shows [Jh Ad] (two pair, Aces and Queens)WiscBadger44 collected 16695 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 16695 | Rake 0 Board [2s 8c As Qc Qh]Seat 1: WiscBadger44 (button) showed [Jh Ad] and won (16695) with two pair, Aces and QueensSeat 2: sabsaw (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: Big748 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: Clemenza folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: GoldnPaladin folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: MikeDArmi folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Jp_4fingers showed [Kd Tc] and lost with a pair of QueensSeat 8: arizonacats3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: phillypas folded before Flop (didn't bet)

I can't believe somebody has made a topic about a strange hand in a freeroll in which you call a 4xBB raise with a 37. If somebody was stealing the blinds is it wise to take them on with a 7 high? You are just as much at fault in this hand, maybe he clicked the wrong button but you played that really badly. There is no point trying to highlight that this guy is a donk if you are.

This was played brilliantly by both players. The open fold is a fine play. He probably had the nuts and didn't want to give away that he was capable of slow-playing it.And calling a raise out-of-position with 73 is a perfect trapping play. Your hand is unlikely to be dominated, and noone will put you on that hand if the flop comes 456. If you make one pair, you can open push to make him fold his AK. Pure gold.

I can't believe somebody has made a topic about a strange hand in a freeroll in which you call a 4xBB raise with a 37. If somebody was stealing the blinds is it wise to take them on with a 7 high? You are just as much at fault in this hand, maybe he clicked the wrong button but you played that really badly. There is no point trying to highlight that this guy is a donk if you are.
people calm down. it was a freeroll, i was just wondering why the heck the guy would fold instead of checking down the hand, he would of won it with the high card anyway, it was definatly a strange play to see, and i felt like showing him the 7 3 anyways...lol

If you thought he was stealing would the right play not be to at least re-raise and represent a big hand? Although this is more difficult in Limit than it is in NL I suppose. But it was a freeroll and you won the pot so I suppose you made the right play... :club:

Obv. JC >>> Wisconnsin but defending ur blinds in this situation with a good amount of chips and only calling to keep the pot small is a play that i'm sure alot of the "small ball" players and other good players make.BTW 73d is much better for defending ur hand than K10o or A5 or some other hand that is easily dominated.

Obv. JC >>> Wisconnsin but defending ur blinds in this situation with a good amount of chips and only calling to keep the pot small is a play that i'm sure alot of the "small ball" players and other good players make.BTW 73d is much better for defending ur hand than K10o or A5 or some other hand that is easily dominated.
exactly, i knew unless he had a pocket pair of like 7s or 3s, or two diamonds like me, i wouldn't be dominated. Everyone saying he missed his flush draw can't be certain. He may have tried to bluff this whole hand and figured I would re-raise him off his hand if he would bet, or didn't want to give information about his re-raise...like i said i had been playing when him before, i knew he wasn't afraid to bluff throughout a hand. As you can see on the last hand i played with him, he tried to bluff me out with an all in raise, he played that hand very awkwardly....