**official Mma Thread**

I don't think Tuna is that big a step down but he is a can crusher and has failed the two times he was against top fighters.

If Rua can't beat Te Huna, then I guess that means he isn't a top guy and probably adios but it wouldn't shock me if they kept him around for a 4th fight and fed him a can like Pokrajac (who is apparently under contract) to get him back on track to somewhere as a middle-of-the-roader. His belt was a fluke.

In his defense, he has one of those Stephan Bonnar type records where he was always fighting miserably tough opponents which account for most of his losses but he wins against weaker guys. To keep that sentiment intact, he would probably have to beat Tuna decisively but that guy is no slouch.

Someone said Wanderlei had 100K on Rua against Sonnen.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Goodluck Scram going all in on AS. Ballsy ballsy bet. Hes the kind of fighter that will fade fast once he loses a bit on his reaction time. I hope he isnt there yet because he has been so fun to watch. im rooting for ya!

I'm going to not bet on that fight because I know he has been mad at my jinxing lately.

Te Huna is definitely not a bum, but I also can't see Rua continue to fight guys at his level unless he is strapped for cash or something which I don't think is the case.

Yeah it's definitely one of those "Te Huna can lose to Rua but Rua cannot lose to Te Huna" situations which is probably what makes it such a good fight.

Te Huna gets tested against a former belt holder to determine once and for all if he'll ever be able to rise above can crusher, Rua, on a skid, establishes whether or not he still has it.

Pretty glaring arb opportunity that will probably close here soon.

Bader @ -303 @ Sports Interaction (a whopping 36% discount over the next best line at -475), Perosh elsewhere @ +415.

All I can figure is they either took a huge Perosh bet and it moved the line internally, or for whatever reason they just got overweight on Perosh action to the point that their line got stupid on Bader.

Either way, their prohibitive line on Bader demonstrates that they wound up getting pleeeeeeeenty of action @ -303 since it opened up a mindless arb.

Two bets for this Fight Night.

https://encipher.it?B+8g

Password: FCP38

:)

$900'ish on the night, those were my only two bets.

The bet on Soa was 100% a bet that an undersized striking HW could not deal with a man like Soa on the ground, which turned out to be true. One of those Kimura attempts had me a bit worried but it was over before it started. It was also a bit of an overbet to chase down my losses from last fight, so kind of reckless.

Magahales as a dog against the most obviously gay UFC fighter was an inefficient price.

I'm starting to get pretty disgusted with how in the ufc guys are allowed to get their face completely ruined and the fight isn't stopped. Talking about 3rd round of the Bader fight.

I'm starting to get pretty disgusted with how in the ufc guys are allowed to get their face completely ruined and the fight isn't stopped. Talking about 3rd round of the Bader fight.

It was appalling.

Three distinct times I'm hollering at the TV for stoppage.

Last time there was that kind of heart through a completely savage ass whipping was probably Texeria v Maldonado but the doc intervened there. Watch the fight and pay close attention to the doc when he enters the ring, he shook his head to signal "no more" before he even examined Maldonado.

Unreal heart from Perosh but that mess was in desperate need of stoppage.

Shitbag ref.

"... the **** out."

The Family Guy'esque fall down was kinda funny. Wish his arm would've gone behind his back.

Short left to the button. Most underrated strike in all of combat sports.

So what happens on a draw with bets? Everyone loses?

Unless you took Draw @ +eleventy ballizion.

As best I know, some books that offer draw as a prop consider it a loss, others consider it a push. I've never had one.