**official Mma Thread**

Randomly found this on TV. Wish I had known it was on sooner because I missed the first two fights.Diaz looked great. His game is a lot better right now.Rogers looked good I guess, but it seems like he might need to get in shape.Lawler and Shields looked pretty ugly imo. Shields stand up is awful, and Lawlers ground game is pretty bad. Shields BJJ was tight.I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was on.Star studded event.
I thought Shields' kicks were ok, but yeah, he's always been shaky with his fists. He's sick with the BJJ thoughWEC card on tonight, probably gonna be three really good fights on
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I thought Shields' kicks were ok, but yeah, he's always been shaky with his fists. He's sick with the BJJ thoughWEC card on tonight, probably gonna be three really good fights on
One of the great things about WEC cards is that they are so action packed.The smaller guys never stop and it almost always makes for an exciting fight.
One of the great things about WEC cards is that they are so action packed.The smaller guys never stop and it almost always makes for an exciting fight.
watch for Jose Aldo. Guy is pretty electricCerrone is tough as balls and trains with GSPI still love Faber but I think Brown is a stud. Pulling for Faber, wouldn't be surprised for another Brown win.If Brown wins, I think Faber may, may cut to 135 to fight Torres. That's just pure speculation
Really looking forward to watching Aldo tonight, and the main event should be a great fight.
hope you didn't blinkI totally spaced that this was on and starting watching at the Aldo interview and saw his highlight. The Brown/Faber fight went about as expected. Who knows what would have happened if Faber didn't jack up his hands, but honestly I think it would have went about the same. Just not quite as one-sided. Brown is just so strong for 145. Hopefully Faber will drop and fight Torres. That would make for a crazy exciting fight. I watched Jake Shield's fight and not much has changed. His standup is really hard to watch. He is lucky his submissions are so good because he sure isn't making much progress standing.

broken hand not withstanding, Faber's stand up is frustrating as well because he doesn't throw combos. He's just in and out with one punch or one kick.and how do you not resort to wrestling when your hand is broken? It's easier to throw elbows when you're on top of someone. Then again, his hand looked painful. I was so hoping that he was going to pull off that choke in the 5th.I'm happy for Brown though, he's a local guy of sorts, he trains at ATT, not far from where I work.That Aldo is a violent fella.That flying triangle was absolutely sick. Lots of good grappling tonight. Me a happy boy.

I was all excited last night to finally be able to watch an mma show since it wasn't pay per view until I realized I CUT OFF MY FUCKING CABLE. people this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live.

and how do you not resort to wrestling when your hand is broken? It's easier to throw elbows when you're on top of someone. Then again, his hand looked painful. I was so hoping that he was going to pull off that choke in the 5th.
Because Brown is bigger and stronger, not being able to hold a leg would put him right there for the picking. And I agree, nailing the choke in the fifth would have been awesome.
Because Brown is bigger and stronger, not being able to hold a leg would put him right there for the picking. And I agree, nailing the choke in the fifth would have been awesome.
I meant to add that Faber's habit of giving up his back will end up costing him against a jui jitsu ace I'd imagine. You can only scramble so much.
meh, we'll keep it friendly. Maybe a signature bet under the terms you wrote.
Sure sig bet is good. I agree if you do.I took Wandy a couple months back when i was a little more flush and am starting to have second thoughts. Oh well should be a good fight. Probally not paying for this card with 3 real good UFC cards in the next couple of months which i will be buying.

TUF extended through to season 14. Looks like the Kimbo hype worked. Now for phase 2 of Dana's plan, tottally annialate Kimbo as a legitimate mma fighter.Heard Uriah on Adam Carrola's podcast that was taped before the fight last Sunday. Uriah in it talked about going down to 135 to face Torres so thats probally gonna happen now.LOL I must be a total convert to MMA. A Canadian talking MMA during game 7 of the Stanley cup final.

Sure sig bet is good. I agree if you do.I took Wandy a couple months back when i was a little more flush and am starting to have second thoughts. Oh well should be a good fight. Probally not paying for this card with 3 real good UFC cards in the next couple of months which i will be buying.
confirmedI'm going to my local bar at 3pm. Last Euro card was on so I'm hoping this one will be. Seems like a decent card actually.
confirmedI'm going to my local bar at 3pm. Last Euro card was on so I'm hoping this one will be. Seems like a decent card actually.
The Wandy/Franklin and Davis/Hardy fights should be action packed. The Kongo/Valesquez fight is also intriguing as the winner should be heavily concidered for the winner of Brock and Frank. I think Crocop might get ****ed up again. I would concider buying this if it was a live North American card.
Guys, why is Kongo a dog vs Velasquez? Is Velasquez really that good?
Velaqquez is a beast. A lot of people consider him to be the most talented fighter to come out of AKA.He has really good stand up, but he will be at a reach disadvantage in this fight.He is world class wrestler. So if he is smart he takes this fight to the ground..........where Kongo has shown to have great weakness.The problem with this fight is that Velasquez likes to go for the finish. If he gets the fight to the ground it might be harder to do from a wrestling stand point. He could become stubborn and want to keep the fight standing. If he does that, Kongo has a bit of an edge. If he fights a smart fight, he has the tools to win.
Velaqquez is a beast. A lot of people consider him to be the most talented fighter to come out of AKA.He has really good stand up, but he will be at a reach disadvantage in this fight.He is world class wrestler. So if he is smart he takes this fight to the ground..........where Kongo has shown to have great weakness.The problem with this fight is that Velasquez likes to go for the finish. If he gets the fight to the ground it might be harder to do from a wrestling stand point. He could become stubborn and want to keep the fight standing. If he does that, Kongo has a bit of an edge. If he fights a smart fight, he has the tools to win.
You think there's value in Kongo at +160 or w/e the line is?
Guys, why is Kongo a dog vs Velasquez? Is Velasquez really that good?
have you seen kongo's ground game? my seven year old has better skills

I don't bet the fights much. Usually just a $10 bet with some guys at work. I was looking for the lines for the fights today I came across this site that give you the money lines from multiple sites.http://zewkey.com/mma_betting_super_page.htmOne fight really stood out to me and some of you betting guys might want to see if it is for real.M Al Turk +325 +300 -450 +300Cro-Cop -420 -400 +275 -500Is this just a typo or a real change to make some cash?

I don't bet the fights much. Usually just a $10 bet with some guys at work. I was looking for the lines for the fights today I came across this site that give you the money lines from multiple sites.http://zewkey.com/mma_betting_super_page.htmOne fight really stood out to me and some of you betting guys might want to see if it is for real.M Al Turk +325 +300 -450 +300Cro-Cop -420 -400 +275 -500Is this just a typo or a real change to make some cash?
It's a typo. Go to betus.com and Cro-Cop is -400. There are some interesting match ups today. I think Franklin's movement and reach advantage is going to be too much for Wandy. If someone doesn't stand right in front of Wandy he has some trouble. I think their is some value in Uno over Fisher, but Fisher is such a tough SOB. I think Uno can take him down and outpoint him in a decision. I don't see him pounding Fisher out nor do I see Uno getting submitted. If Cain can't take Kongo down he will be in for a long night. If Cain gets the takedown it could be over quickly. Kongo has improved his ground game, but not enough to compete with someone like Cain imo.Davis has won a lot of money for me, but if I were to bet this fight I might have to take Hardy as the 2-1 underdog. Davis has shown some vulnerability in his last few fights, especially bigger 170'ers. I don't think Hardy is a 2-1 dog and would be betting pure odds on this one.I think Cro Cop gets back to his winning ways with a highlight reel KO, but not sure if I would bet it. Just a prediction.Saunders could pull a big upset against Swick, but I think this might be his first fight cutting to 170 which is always scary.
have you seen kongo's ground game? my seven year old has better skills
Well, I don't think any of us expects Kongo to submit Velasquez off his back. That said, Kongo's wrestling has developed rapidly. If you saw his last fight against al-turk, Mustapha could not take him down. Now granted, al-turk's wrestling is not going to be near the same level of pedigree as Velasquez's (I've been watching mmalinker.com all morning) but that doesn't mean we should assume he's going to score 100% of takedowns.I'm not arguing he should be the favorite, I'm just saying maybe there's some value in Kongo. I wouldn't be surprised if Kongo won and then half of sherdog started screaming he's the future HW champ.

A lot of people are talking about Wandy and Franklin.Silva used to be a great fighter, but that guy has been ko'd waaay too many times now and is certainly aging. And it shows.Franklin seems scared to truly go after someone after his losses to Anderson Silva. He always looks a bit gunshy lately imo.That's not to say this won't be a great fight. But I don't fully trust/have faith in either one.