**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

i actually phoned up to order it...then they mentioned the price for the HD version was $59.99I hung up and found a handy link online.Laptop w/ hdmi + 50" plasma....did the trick

i actually phoned up to order it...then they mentioned the price for the HD version was $59.99I hung up and found a handy link online.Laptop w/ hdmi + 50" plasma....did the trick
We have a regular group that gets together and watches them. We all take turns paying so on average it costs me less than $12 an event so I dont mind paying. If the event is weak like most of the overseas shows I look for links but they are sketchy and crash lots. It sucked for the last Montreal event I would have gotten it but I had a late dinner after a funureal so I tried to catch the last 3 fights online and every link eventually froze up.

“Kimbo Slice” will be among the 16 heavyweight fighters to join the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” according to Yahoo Sports. The Spike TV reality series starts shooting this week in Las Vegas. It would be sooooo awesome if they brought Seth Petruzelli back and made them fight to get in the house.

“Kimbo Slice” will be among the 16 heavyweight fighters to join the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” according to Yahoo Sports. The Spike TV reality series starts shooting this week in Las Vegas. It would be sooooo awesome if they brought Seth Petruzelli back and made them fight to get in the house.
Just wow!!! No wonder there not having a fight on show. Pulling out all the gimmicks to get renewed I guess. Maybe they can get Canseco on the show for Slice to have a shot at winning 1 match. He will deffinatly be in the last fight of the first round. I actually wouldnt be suprised if he gets "injured" before he can fight. Win/win for Dana I guess, he gets big ratings, and the guy that has the most name recogntion among casual mma viewers gets crushed. I just wish you could bet on TUF matches with all the Kimbo money that would pour in.
Just wow!!! No wonder there not having a fight on show. Pulling out all the gimmicks to get renewed I guess. Maybe they can get Canseco on the show for Slice to have a shot at winning 1 match. He will deffinatly be in the last fight of the first round. I actually wouldnt be suprised if he gets "injured" before he can fight. Win/win for Dana I guess, he gets big ratings, and the guy that has the most name recogntion among casual mma viewers gets crushed. I just wish you could bet on TUF matches with all the Kimbo money that would pour in.
Don't worry, Kimbo money will pour in on the finale. Just seems they are selling the integrity of the show in desperation to get another contract. Rampage vs. Evans with Kimbo on the show just seems like it will get people to watch for the wrong reasons.
Don't worry, Kimbo money will pour in on the finale. Just seems they are selling the integrity of the show in desperation to get another contract. Rampage vs. Evans with Kimbo on the show just seems like it will get people to watch for the wrong reasons.
To be honest, the show lost most of its integrity with Junie Browning. I agree, it's a shameless ratings grab, but that doesn't mean it won't make for good TV. I'm just wondering what kind of deal they worked out with Kimbo, as I can't see him going from 500k for his last fight to 5k or go home on TUF. I think all this has to do with Dana talking out of his ass when Kimbo was in EliteXC, trying to bury their top draw. Now he's following through on it to not make himself a liar, but regardless of what happens on TUF, I'm sure Kimbo will be on the UFC roster, and having prominent fights on cards, after the show.
I think all this has to do with Dana talking out of his ass when Kimbo was in EliteXC, trying to bury their top draw. Now he's following through on it to not make himself a liar, but regardless of what happens on TUF, I'm sure Kimbo will be on the UFC roster, and having prominent fights on cards, after the show.
Disagree. I think if he loses one of his first two fights the UFC takes an "I told you so approach" and dumps him.

Dana is a smart man. That is all.I like Brown, Aldo, Cerrone, & Grispi this weekend. I would assume they are all favorites except for Brown, but I can't find any odds on them.

I like the Slice thing for both sides. It generates ratings for the UFC and it generates respect for Kimbo. I don't get all the hate for the guy. He was nothing but humble, calling himself a puppy in the MMA world, never claimed to be a world beater and just took a ridic amount of money to be the face a company, which anyone would've done. He gets my respect for going back to the bottom as opposed to side shows in Japan.I hope he knocks some people out to shut the "purists' up. And this coming for a guy that loves jujitsu the most in MMA

I like the Slice thing for both sides. It generates ratings for the UFC and it generates respect for Kimbo. I don't get all the hate for the guy. He was nothing but humble, calling himself a puppy in the MMA world, never claimed to be a world beater and just took a ridic amount of money to be the face a company, which anyone would've done. He gets my respect for going back to the bottom as opposed to side shows in Japan.I hope he knocks some people out to shut the "purists' up. And this coming for a guy that loves jujitsu the most in MMA
I dont think people dont like Kimbo personally just how he was marketed as a legitimate MMA fighter. Plus being involved in the whole "paid to stand with Kimbo" fiasco was really shady and makes mma look really bush league. I think the only one who was mad at the money Kimbo was making was Dana White. Make no mistake though this isnt about Kimbo trying to prove himself as a legitimate MMA fighter its about money. Even though we will probally never find out for sure he is getting a nice chunk for this. 0-2 with less than a minute of total fight time in the UFC is my prediction.
I dont think people dont like Kimbo personally just how he was marketed as a legitimate MMA fighter. Plus being involved in the whole "paid to stand with Kimbo" fiasco was really shady and makes mma look really bush league. I think the only one who was mad at the money Kimbo was making was Dana White. Make no mistake though this isnt about Kimbo trying to prove himself as a legitimate MMA fighter its about money. Even though we will probally never find out for sure he is getting a nice chunk for this. 0-2 with less than a minute of total fight time in the UFC is my prediction.
I thought Dana was Mr Principle. You think he gave Kimbo a fat paycheck to do this just for ratings? HmmmmAlso, I'll give action on that bet if that's exactly how you want it.
I thought Dana was Mr Principle. You think he gave Kimbo a fat paycheck to do this just for ratings? HmmmmExactly right. Thats why I am shocked that this is actually gonna happenAlso, I'll give action on that bet if that's exactly how you want it.If I am gonna bet it I want a little more than 1 minute total though. That was a prediction not a invitation for a bet. I ll take an even money bet that he goes 0-2(the first round fight and probally the TUF finnale) and the total combined time of those 2 fights are less than 3 minutes. Bet is void if Kimbo doesnt fight twice unless his one fight goes over the 3 minutes. Kimbo has no ground game, no takedown defence, no gas tank and no chin. I really cant see him doing anything against anyone who is competent.
from the names i have seen i like Marcus Jones to win it all
from the names i have seen i like Marcus Jones to win it all
I don't ever, ever bet sports, but I would consider taking this bet, although it's weighted in my favor. All he has to do is win one fight, lose one and go more than three minutes, or lose two and go more than three minutes total. I'd take that
I don't ever, ever bet sports, but I would consider taking this bet, although it's weighted in my favor. All he has to do is win one fight, lose one and go more than three minutes, or lose two and go more than three minutes total. I'd take that
Its your call. Like I said I wasnt looking to bet just stating a opinion. The terms are very favorable to you concidering we havent seen the competition yet and they could easily have a tomato can to put in with him in the first match. And before anyone else tries to jump on this this only Applies to Mr. mexico.
Its your call. Like I said I wasnt looking to bet just stating a opinion. The terms are very favorable to you concidering we havent seen the competition yet and they could easily have a tomato can to put in with him in the first match. And before anyone else tries to jump on this this only Applies to Mr. mexico.
meh, we'll keep it friendly. Maybe a signature bet under the terms you wrote.
Will Kimbo Slice make the Finals of The Ultimate Fighter Season 10? Kimbo Slice must fight in the Final Matchup for the UFC contract for "YES" to be graded the winner. All Wagers have actionYes +270No -350
Needless to say, account balance = 0.00

Former MMA fighter wins event #10 at WSOPCongratulations to Rami Boukai, Winner of Event No. 10, the $2,500 PLH/PLO event ($244,862)His last fight was a decision loss to Urijah back in 2004. Wonder why he stopped fighting...seems like he had some talent. I believe is he known online as "arbianight" as well.

Good Strikeforce card on Showtime tonightLawler vs ShieldsNick Diaz vs Scott SmithArlovski vs Rogers
Randomly found this on TV. Wish I had known it was on sooner because I missed the first two fights.Diaz looked great. His game is a lot better right now.Rogers looked good I guess, but it seems like he might need to get in shape.Lawler and Shields looked pretty ugly imo. Shields stand up is awful, and Lawlers ground game is pretty bad. Shields BJJ was tight.I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was on.Star studded event.