Home Game Stakes?

I was just wondering what stakes everyone plays for when playing home games? Where I play, we keep it extremely low. 5 euro buy in with 10 and 20 cent blinds and no ante's. From time to time we do a tournament with a 10 euro buy in and the last 3 players get payed (usually we're with 10). Personally, I'd like to play for a little higher stakes, like 2/4 euro blinds, but I have a hard time convincing the other players to play for that kind of money. Sadly, I can't seem to find any other game in my area other than the one I'm playing right now.

I was just wondering what stakes everyone plays for when playing home games? Where I play, we keep it extremely low. 5 euro buy in with 10 and 20 cent blinds and no ante's. From time to time we do a tournament with a 10 euro buy in and the last 3 players get payed (usually we're with 10). Personally, I'd like to play for a little higher stakes, like 2/4 euro blinds, but I have a hard time convincing the other players to play for that kind of money. Sadly, I can't seem to find any other game in my area other than the one I'm playing right now.
we usually play .50/1.00 blinds no limit20.00 buyin in at a time rebuy as soon as below 20.00 if ya want
going from 10c/20c to €2/€4 is a bit of a big jump.We usually play anything up to €20 buy in. High stakes with friends doesn't work well
going from 10c/20c to €2/€4 is a bit of a big jump.We usually play anything up to €20 buy in. High stakes with friends doesn't work well
Is it? Would you suggest as a .50/1 euro game then? Maybe you're right, but if we're playing with the same crowd for higher stakes, I think I could win just as much as I do now.

yeah, 50c/€1 seems like good stakes to play for. If the current buy in is €5, that would increase to at least €20 though, but more realistically, €30 or more would be needed to have a semi deep stacked game. IF your all willing to do that, then good luck to you

my home game is a $20 buy in cash game, dealers choice. In order of frequency, we'll play the following games, all no-limit (unless specified before the deal) very deep stacked (.1-.2 blinds). Somehow, we still end up with $50+ pots.hold emO87 stud follow the queen low chicagoOmaha hi2-7 TDStud 8Roll em backAll mid 20s professionals, very friendly. That's how we all like it. If we raised the stakes, sure I'd probably win more, but that's only if people kept showing up. Some people are such consistent losers that this is as high as they can play and lose every week without their wives flipping out at them.

we usually play .50/1.00 blinds no limit20.00 buyin in at a time rebuy as soon as below 20.00 if ya want
a 20bb buy starts everybody pretty short doesnt it? doesnt leave you with alot of implied odds when calling a raise.

$50-$100 with a $10 ante, NL holdem only The ante is so it promotes action.Sometimes we will have $200,000-$300,000 at the table if we get the loose rich type players in the game.sw

.50/1.00 with a $40.00 buy inwe had it at $20.00, but it soon became obvious we all would reload, so $40.00 it isOh, yeah and no neck, we cut the deck, and in the room.-sw- :club:

In my home game that I run we do a $20 rebuy tourney. You can rebuy up to 3x, (once per rd, in 1st 3 levels)You can not rebuy twice in the same round. We have a $10 add-on at the end of 3rd level. Buy in =3000chips Add-on = 1500chipsBlinds start at 25-50 50-100 75-150 up from there1st 3 levls are 30mins4-10 levls are 20 mins11-up are 15 minsGame usually lasts between 4 -5 hrs(This weekly game is also run as a league, w/ jackpots, plus a pool for the main event ending each session)* will give details of the rules if anyone is interested*Those who get knocked out start the cash game table, which is $20 min buy- in to a $100 maxIts .50- $1 for flop games.50 ante for all othersDealers choice for 1 full orbitI usually get between 12-16 players and as many as 21On average we start at 7:00pm and play til around 2:00am every fri. game has gone as far as 7:00am next day.Most popular games at cash table are:Stud hi-lo "roll ur own" (very fun, I pwn this one)O8Omaha5 card draw jax or betterI have a NO WILD CARD game rule, cause I HATE my natural str8's and flushes getting beat by 4kind where the guy has 1 king and 3 deuces and gets 4 kind K's.

$20.00 max / min buy as many times as you like..25 .25 blinds...nobody ever folded for .15 anyway...loose as a goose. $100.00 even 200.00 pots happen every night. I have seen them higher. 12 PM is the like the witching hour. The loosest game ever goes crazy. Standard raise is $2.25 or 8 times the blind and you always get at least 2 callers. I will play any 2 cards to stadnard raise when on the button or even the cut off.Implied odds are off the charts....LOL great times when the Crown Royal or Tequila comes out.

I'm trying to get some guys from work into poker so right now we're just playing $10 and .05/.10 blinds. When I used to work on the boat we had a game every Sunday with the dealers and bartenders and we played $100 - $200 buy in 1/2 and 2/5 LHE.

My home game we play a $50 sit n go first, Then $1 $2 NL with a $100 min buyin after. Some people only come for the sit n go, so we usually have 2 tables for the tourney and then one table cash game.

We usually play $10 SNGs. That way nobody chances loosing their shirt, which keeps it fun. We don't assign values to different colored chips. One chip is worth one chip. Blinds start and 1/2 and start to double after the second elimination. Starting stacks are usually 50 chips with 7 or more players, and sometimes 60 chips if we have only 6 people playing. Games usually last no more than 1.5 hours so we're able to get a few games in.

We usually play $10 SNGs. That way nobody chances loosing their shirt, which keeps it fun. We don't assign values to different colored chips. One chip is worth one chip. Blinds start and 1/2 and start to double after the second elimination. Starting stacks are usually 50 chips with 7 or more players, and sometimes 60 chips if we have only 6 people playing. Games usually last no more than 1.5 hours so we're able to get a few games in.
ha we do sng's the same exact way when we do them.
We use real money. .............sw
OK, our home game is usually $20 buy in, unlimited rebuys. :club::D:D:D:D:):) I have only not cashed (cashed = finishing profitably) in this game twice in 10 months. We always have some kind of basketball or football game or boxing on and make sure we're having a good time. We played one cash game a while back and I cleaned everyone out. We haven't played cash since.

tues- 2/5 nl min 100thurs- 10/20/30 min 100sun- 10/20/30usually big winners each night make close to 600-1000once played from sunday 1pm to mon 10am guy lost 9 grand.

We usually play a 20 dollar buy in sit and go. Paying out 2 or 3 depending on the # of people.I would like to get a cash game together. I was thinkin 25c 50c blinds with 20$ min 50$ max.Does this seem reasonable?

we play 1-2 Pot Limit dealers choice. We play HE, Omaha Omaha8b, 2-7 Triple Draw. A-5 Triple Draw, if we play and stud variation we play 2-4. $60 original buy $100 after, sometime more if the table is OK with that.We switched to pot limit because we had too many people showing up with over 1k in there pocket no play NL and it got out of hand. We bascially elminated the all in fest pre flop that would happen when people would go on tilt. Average games has $1500 on table between 8 or so rotating guys, has gotten over 3k on table.