Youngstars Game

Man, did they outlaw Defense in this game or what? I'm amazed at the way these passes and shots are getting through, you would never see this much action in a regulation game (sadly...). Fun game to watch so far, in any event.*Edit* LOL! Malkin is just hanging out at Center Ice waiting for the outlet pass, not even trying to defend his own net.

It appears to be the plan for the East, Steen was just doing it too.Ridiculous, but fun to watch.
I saw that, hasn't worked yet, which is a tribute to how much these goalies work on their breakaway skills. It's definitely a fun game to watch.

It's almost painful how little the players care about defense though, they're hanging the goalies out to dry almost as a rule. To be fair, they're probably on strict orders not to put their bodies on the line, which means no shot blocking to speak of.

I love how Alex Steen's brain thinks his hands are faster than they really are. He's tried at least three highlight reel moves so far, and every one of them has failed miserably.

I swear Ovechkin looked like he completed the lap the fastest. The stop watch must have been broken.
Even if he wasn't faster than McDonald and Marleau, there's no way in hell Brian Campbell outskated Alex Ovechkin (not that Campbell isn't a speedy kid, but c'mon...)I bet there's some good laughing going on about that one tonight. The announcers said at the beginning that the stopwatch would lead to controversy, and they were absolutely right.
I swear Ovechkin looked like he completed the lap the fastest. The stop watch must have been broken.
Yea, no doubt something was up there. A second behind most of them? No way.Someone on OLN said "I can see the time keeper is not a Caps fan."By the way, does anyone else agree that OLN's coverage was TERRIBLE? Putting that HUGE ad up in the middle of the game. Missing some things in the skills. The target cam was cool for replays, but for the live shots it sucked unless they hit that target. The camera on the glass didn't give that great of an angle and is annoying to see, also probably only good for replays. And many other things....

Yeah, their coverage was pretty pitiful, I'll agree. Anyone know why ESPN was running their "NHL - Made in America - Delivered on Thursdays" commercials for a couple of weeks there? It got my hopes up that maybe ESPN would bring National Hockey Night back for the second half of the season, but I haven't heard anything about it and no games have been televised yet.

Ovechkin was definitely faster than the stopwatch indicated, but I don't think he was faster than Marleau or McDonald. He was definitely faster than Campbell who took had too much speed going around the corners and hit the boards and an electrical cord.Nash vs Boewmeester? WTF?Bring back the goalie shooting down the ice into an empty net competition! Give it a better name than I did though.

Wtf was with the camera straddling the top of the class.Did you guys see it in EVERY single regular wide shot like I did on CBC?And when they did use that cam, it was ****in blurry, and a completely different colour than the rest of the show.