Finally Some Good News From Ftp

Dear Tilter,Thank you for your continued play at Full Tilt Poker.As you are probably aware, events completely unrelated to online poker have sparked significant changes within the payment processing industry over the past week, forcing many companies to either leave or suspend their operations within the United States.We apologize for any inconvenience these changes have caused, and want you to know that we remain committed to providing you with great payment processing convenience and the fastest customer service possible. Unfortunately, given the unusually high volume of email generated in recent days, we have been unable to respond to our players as quickly as we would like.Rest assured, however, that we are working to remedy this situation as quickly as possible and that: * Your money is completely safe and secure - Any money you have in your Full Tilt Poker account remains completely accessible, and is available for play or withdrawal at any time. * We've contracted with new payment processors who are committed to the U.S. market - These processors all use payment systems unaffected by last week's developments, and will become available starting this week. * You may withdraw money by check - If you are withdrawing $300 or more from your player account, you may request your funds by check. Please read our rules for requesting a payment by check. * Our processing speeds will return to normal - Once our new payment processors come online, you will see a variety of new, convenient deposit options for your use, and withdrawals processed within our normal time frames of 48 hours or less.We thank you for your patience during this time of transition and want you to know that we remain dedicated to providing you with full access to all of our games and tournaments, and the best online poker experience possible.Sincerely,Full Tilt Poker

So if Fulltilt sends you a check, can your bank legally cash it since this is a financial transaction between them and an internet gambling site?

So if Fulltilt sends you a check, can your bank legally cash it since this is a financial transaction between them and an internet gambling site?
my guess is that they would use a third service. something like how most payrolls are done.
The check does not come from Full Tilt directly. It comes from the bank that holds the funds for Full Tilt. To answer your question, yes your bank will be able to cash the check.
The check does not come from Full Tilt directly. It comes from the bank that holds the funds for Full Tilt. To answer your question, yes your bank will be able to cash the check.
Thanks.I figure eventually I will win at poker and will need to know how to get the money off line.
Thanks.I figure eventually I will win at poker and will need to know how to get the money off line.
I have deposited a bunch of checks over the last year from Full Tilt. One time after a 2nd in a tournament I cashed out a fairly large amount, 6K. The bank teller gave it some extra scrutiny and told me that the funds might not be available for a few weeks.I had her call the manager and they sorted it out. Full Tilt's checks are issued from a US bank so you should have no problems....if they give you any be persistent and they should have no choice but to give in.Oh, and win more.

my concern with checks is that it puts a paper trail at the bank. i report my winnings on my taxes as gambling winnings and i am ok with that. i am afraid that i will get a check, cash it, and then the bank gets subpoenad and turns over a check i cashed from a poker site. clear evidence that i broke the law.

my concern with checks is that it puts a paper trail at the bank. i report my winnings on my taxes as gambling winnings and i am ok with that. i am afraid that i will get a check, cash it, and then the bank gets subpoenad and turns over a check i cashed from a poker site. clear evidence that i broke the law.
That check's just clear evidence that your bank broke the law. You are free to play poker online as much as you want, and move money into and out of your poker accounts every 5 minutes. It's just going to be illegal for the banks to help you with it - and to which extent that is so remains to be seen, since the regulations are not finalized yet.

Any ideas on the new ways to deposit money, I hate having to wait 7 business days for Epassporte, and the $250 cash transfer is to much right now, maybe paypal finally gave in?

The checks from full tilt are currently taking 25-30 days to be recieved by mail. They arent doing UPS at this time. So basically epassporte is their only option at the moment. I just opened an account and I have to make a deposit onto full tilt before i withdraw my money! So fuqked. Epass is going to rape me for 10 or so bucks in fees and i still wont get my money for a week and a half.