• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Not sure I agree with you guys (big surprise). Based on what we've seen this year, if either McQuaid or Neal had been hurt, there would've been a suspension. Both are clear and purposeful hits from behind, with the boards a dangerous distance away. I've seen less called for 5 all year.

I do agree that they were close enough that they should've been the same.

Adrian's hockey team is looking at tourneys next year..One of the options might be Pittsburgh..Hopefully it happens.

I hope I get to ref him! :D

I'd settle for just "hockey" at this point. I have no idea what they were playing the last 2 games. I also have zero idea who will be in net. I wonder if Bylsma is putting in whoever looked best in practice.

I hope I get to ref him! :D

Just got word that we will not be going to Pittsburgh or any US tourneys..You may know more about this, but at our age group USA hockey plays cross ice, half rink games..Which we dont here...They offered us a tourney to play against a higher age level, our coach and manager felt we would probably not be competititive..

maybe next year :(

With the recent suckiness of Fleury, can you imagine if the Penguins took Eric Staal instead?

Some might argue Fleury won a cup, but I dont think he WON the cup, many capable goalies would of sufficed..

Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin..

Ya thats scary for you.

Ya but then they wouldn't have traded Jordan and would have been in even more cap hell.

On the flip-side; imaging Chicago if they had drafted _________ instead of Cam Barker, hmmm. No offense to D. Dubnyk but '04was a pretty terrible draft.

yeah it was a bad first round. AJ Thielan, Lauri Tukonen, Marek Schwarz, Al montoya all drafted in the top 20 if I remember correctly, plus a bunch of other plugs.

With the recent suckiness of Fleury, can you imagine if the Penguins took Eric Staal instead?

Some might argue Fleury won a cup, but I dont think he WON the cup, many capable goalies would of sufficed..

Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin..

Ya thats scary for you.

Numbers aren't everything. Watch the games. Fleury was a monster.

Game 7 vs Washington, stopped an Ovechkin breakaway early in the game. Pittsburgh goes on to rout them, but does it happen if Ovy scores first?

Obviously game 7 vs Detroit and the final save, but he was a monster in game 6 too. Stopped Clearly on a breakaway late to preserve the 2-1 lead.

You've argued before that making a save is less important as when the save is made, and the situation, etc.

We don't win the Cup without him.

Now, he's been very poor in the playoffs, but the team play isn't helping.

Numbers aren't everything. Watch the games. Fleury was a monster.

Game 7 vs Washington, stopped an Ovechkin breakaway early in the game. Pittsburgh goes on to rout them, but does it happen if Ovy scores first?

Obviously game 7 vs Detroit and the final save, but he was a monster in game 6 too. Stopped Clearly on a breakaway late to preserve the 2-1 lead.

You've argued before that making a save is less important as when the save is made, and the situation, etc.

We don't win the Cup without him.

Now, he's been very poor in the playoffs, but the team play isn't helping.

I don't disagree. Just playing fantasy land

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Penguins are necessarily done. They played much better in the second half of last night's game. They'll need Crosby though; he's looked tentative since he took off the jaw protector.

The most visibly upset player on the Penguins after the games was Pascal Dupuis. He was sobbing and Letang was consoling him. Mario Lemieux came down to the room to shake his hand.

This pretty much confirms two things:

1. Dupuis has played his last game for the Penguins.

2. Sometimes it's more than a game.