Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I didnt say the Penguins are a bad team...its just the constant worshipping is getting annoying...and the comparisons to the Oilers Dynasty...Crosby is not GretzkyMalkin is not Messierin 5 years we can talk about the so called Penguins domination
So, you are upset people are marvelling about a good team with a serious future. I figure you do prefer your fantasy world where everyone worships the Leafs.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

It was awesome being in Pittsburgh this weekend and actually being about to watch a game.Charlottesville cable companies suck. I've been trying to get the NHL Center Ice package for months now and with the transition from Adelphia to Comcast neither have made it available.Whether the penguins make it or not how am I going to watch the playoffs? VS. can only televise so many games. I don't see the Capitals making the playoffs so having Comcast Sportsnet here isn't going to do me any good I fear.What I need is Fox Sports Pittsburgh at the least because without it I'll be sitting at the computer listening instead of watching.

I don't have Versus, so that makes it annoying to watch those games. At least this Saturday's game vs the Caps will be on NBC, if it helps.Also, 105.9 WXDX broadcasts the games. I'm not sure if they have a streaming online option or not. I've also been known to simply keep the online update window open to check the latest shot/hit/goal/whatever in the game. It sucks, but it's better than nothing.*edit* I just saw that you already listen to the game at your computer. What site do you go to?

Props to the Penguins, in there recent 9-0-2 streak I have heard a great many hockey fans up here quit yapping how Pittsburg sucks. We don't have any professional teams here in Alaska so I have had the choice to like whom I would, including:Miami Dolphins, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs, New York Yankees, Pittsburg Penguins.I grew up watching WGN so that explains my Chicago teams. I always liked Pittsburg in hockey games, espcially when you didnt have to make line changes with Lemieux, Jagr, Stevens and Ulf Samuelson. ( I can't remember the 5th guy for some reason...) We used to always play NHL 94' even in 2000 we continued to play it. The Yankees just have a ton of tradition, love them or hate them I love sports history and they are a part of over 100 years of it. The Dolpins... *hide* I was always a Marino fan and can't seem to shake them, when poeple ask me my football team I say " I like Peyton Manning, but..." conversations are always a little humbling and then the Spurs. I was a huge David Robinson fan, his workman like effort in the olympics among other things always in the top MVP balloting for a 5-7 year stretch and then a funny thing happened. I was a big ACC fan mostly Duke and UNC and this guy Duncan always showed up and stole a few games he grew on me and by the time he was a junior I was a huge fan, draft night into the NBA and he ended up with Daid Robinson, are you kidding me.. the guy goes on to win 3 championships and is still consistant as they come.Anyways I love hearing you guys argue about the Leafs and the Pens and whatever else there is, though that usually is pushed to page 2 between the Pens, Leafs and Serge bashing posts. Though I do love Serge's character he is the dare I say Mike Matasow of the Alternative Hockey League. Love him or hate him he makes reading some posts entertaining. I would like to take some credit for a recent blurg in DN's post comparing teams though. I send him a message which he never replied to and I told him his team reminded me of the PENS, they have so much talent and so many young guys in the next 1-4 years they are going to be loaded. (If they can keep them all)

From si.com's trades that should happen (or some BS like that)....Thoughts?To Pittsburgh: Georges LaraqueTo Phoenix: Carl SneepThere've been more than a few nights this season when Laraque has been Phoenix's best player, but that's really beside the point, isn't it? Despite being involved in just six fights thus far, Big Georges remains one of the game's true nuclear deterrents. And if the Pens want to keep Sidney Crosby in one piece for their march to the playoffs, they desperately need an enforcer who can keep opponents honest and keep up with the play.Sneep, currently toiling at Boston College, is a 6-4, 210-pound blueliner with great offensive instincts. A second-round pick last summer, he's a valuable asset, and one the Pens won't be quick to give up. But Laraque's no rental -- he's signed through next season -- so the price for his services won't be cheap.

I personally think it the Pens are going to get someone to watch over Crosby, they need exactly the right guy. Much like Gretzky, you want a guy that's going to be able to play on the same line, not the fourth line. That creates space for Sid. It does the Pens no good to put a guy on the line with Crosby and Recchi and cut their production because he's got no speed. I know Serge will eat this up, but the perfect guy for Sid might be a guy like Wade Belak. He's got good wheels, and he can keep up with the pace, he's going to deliver some big hits on the forecheck, and he can certainly fight. On a side note, Georges Laraque has been saying quietly that, like most fighters, he's getting tired of it. Its a tough job to do night in and night out. And Georges only has 3 majors in the past 35 games. He's been turning down some challenges as of late....

*edit* I just saw that you already listen to the game at your computer. What site do you go to?
If you goto wxdx.com you can click listen live and will get the feed that way. During a game on PittsburghPenguins.com you can also click something similar but the quality is no where near as good. Either way I'd much rather watch it on TV but I'll take whatever I can get for now.
If you goto wxdx.com you can click listen live and will get the feed that way. During a game on PittsburghPenguins.com you can also click something similar but the quality is no where near as good. Either way I'd much rather watch it on TV but I'll take whatever I can get for now.
nhl.com works too...
I personally think it the Pens are going to get someone to watch over Crosby, they need exactly the right guy. Much like Gretzky, you want a guy that's going to be able to play on the same line, not the fourth line. That creates space for Sid. It does the Pens no good to put a guy on the line with Crosby and Recchi and cut their production because he's got no speed. I know Serge will eat this up, but the perfect guy for Sid might be a guy like Wade Belak. He's got good wheels, and he can keep up with the pace, he's going to deliver some big hits on the forecheck, and he can certainly fight. On a side note, Georges Laraque has been saying quietly that, like most fighters, he's getting tired of it. Its a tough job to do night in and night out. And Georges only has 3 majors in the past 35 games. He's been turning down some challenges as of late....
I don't think Belak has the skill level to play with Crosby. Laraques would be a good combination of toughness and skill so he would be able to contribute as well as protect. The fact that he's getting tired of fighting wouldn't really be a concern as long as he was still willing to drop the gloves once in awhile. He has earned such a reputation that he wouldn't really need to drop 'em that often as everyone already knows what he could do if they take any shots at Crosby, Malkin and company. Semenko didn't really fight much in the later Gretzky/Semenko years as he had previously demonstrated what would happen if you took a shot at Gretzky.Another player who I think would be a good fit for the Pens is Travis Moen (or even Scott Thornton) but I'm not sure if Burke would let them go as he has plenty of players to protect too.

From post-gazette.com:Maple Leafs winger Kris Newbury is expected to be out about a week after taking a fierce beating from Penguins right winger Ronald Petrovicky in a third-period fight. The two had a 10-minute phone conversation Sunday. "I told him it wasn't his fault," Newbury told reporters yesterday. "He felt bad about what happened."

From post-gazette.com:Maple Leafs winger Kris Newbury is expected to be out about a week after taking a fierce beating from Penguins right winger Ronald Petrovicky in a third-period fight. The two had a 10-minute phone conversation Sunday. "I told him it wasn't his fault," Newbury told reporters yesterday. "He felt bad about what happened."
That was crazy. The post gazette should tell it like it was though. Instead of a "fierce beating" it should just say "knocked the f out."

I noticed last night that Laraque had only 55 penalty minutes on the season, so I wondered what was going on with that.I don't see the Pens grabbing him. Like Gruven said, he'd be a lot more effective on Sid's line, but he plays RW. So far, Recchi has been the only teammate of Crosby's to show that he can consistantly perform and adapt to Sid's talent and unfortunately - he plays RW as well. To split that tandem up or to switch things around at this point would be crazy.

I prefer...11-0-2.Just sayin'... :club:
I have officially replaced my 3rd team that I hate the most...Its now the Penguins...thats all i am saying...I hate when people jump on a team and praise them like they are the greatest team ever..baaaaaa
I have officially replaced my 3rd team that I hate the most...Its now the Penguins...thats all i am saying...I hate when people jump on a team and praise them like they are the greatest team ever..baaaaaa
Cause I stated a fact? Weird...

Hey Serge? You wondered what I meant by you "spewing garbage?" That's a prime example. Also feel free to check out post #41 on this thread. You may not remember it as you were most likely on some alternative substance at the time, but that's garbage if ever I saw it. It had no point, no clarity, and no worth whatsoever.If you're so offended by this team and this thread, then here's an obvious tip - don't open it and don't respond. Everytime you post in here, you make yourself look worse - and judging from your previous posts, that ain't easy. If you want to continue to look like a cartoon then feel free, but at least I'll be mature enough not to come into your newly-formed Leafs thread and piss all over it. Shame you can't do the same, but hey - whatever makes you feel better about yourself and your team. It's safe to say this will go over your head, but you now have a reason for why I'll no longer be acknowledging you, your garbage posts, or your general existence.

Hey Serge? You wondered what I meant by you "spewing garbage?" That's a prime example. Also feel free to check out post #41 on this thread. You may not remember it as you were most likely on some alternative substance at the time, but that's garbage if ever I saw it. It had no point, no clarity, and no worth whatsoever.If you're so offended by this team and this thread, then here's an obvious tip - don't open it and don't respond. Everytime you post in here, you make yourself look worse - and judging from your previous posts, that ain't easy. If you want to continue to look like a cartoon then feel free, but at least I'll be mature enough not to come into your newly-formed Leafs thread and piss all over it. Shame you can't do the same, but hey - whatever makes you feel better about yourself and your team. It's safe to say this will go over your head, but you now have a reason for why I'll no longer be acknowledging you, your garbage posts, or your general existence.
You seem to think that everything that is posted in these forums is supposed to be serious and gospel. I like to have fun on these forums and 99 percent of the time I write to create controversy by writing stupidity..I know its in fun, but people like you take everything seriously...Not sure why I am explaining myself, but whatever..The Penguins still wont get anywhere this year.
You seem to think that everything that is posted in these forums is supposed to be serious and gospel. I like to have fun on these forums and 99 percent of the time I write to create controversy by writing stupidity..I know its in fun, but people like you take everything seriously...Not sure why I am explaining myself, but whatever..The Penguins still wont get anywhere this year.
Do the playoffs count as anywhere? Whether they take a nose dive from 4th to 8th or even barely miss the playoffs from what I heard preseason and early season these guys are way ahead of schedule and most importantly they are exciting to watch, thats what the NHL needs. They need a team people want to watch play even if they don't want them to win, like the Chicago Bulls when they won 6 championships. Their players have too much personality and play too well not to want to see a final score. If you look at the scoreboard and glance for the name Pittsburg even to hope they lost that makes the team meaningful. I for one look for them right after I look at the Red Wings score. Anyways, I don't mind the verbal garbage so much I just wish it wasn't posted on the PENS thread where people enjoy talking about their accomplishments and future.Also s/w could be used at the bottom of a post where you are trying to be humorous or sarcastic to show the difference between your serious posts and silly ones, if there is a difference.
Do the playoffs count as anywhere? Whether they take a nose dive from 4th to 8th or even barely miss the playoffs from what I heard preseason and early season these guys are way ahead of schedule and most importantly they are exciting to watch, thats what the NHL needs. They need a team people want to watch play even if they don't want them to win, like the Chicago Bulls when they won 6 championships. Their players have too much personality and play too well not to want to see a final score. If you look at the scoreboard and glance for the name Pittsburg even to hope they lost that makes the team meaningful. I for one look for them right after I look at the Red Wings score. Anyways, I don't mind the verbal garbage so much I just wish it wasn't posted on the PENS thread where people enjoy talking about their accomplishments and future.Also s/w could be used at the bottom of a post where you are trying to be humorous or sarcastic to show the difference between your serious posts and silly ones, if there is a difference.
It's Pittsburgh.