• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Question:It's late in the season and the Penguins are battling for the division lead with the Flyers. They are playing Philadelphia and the game is scoreless midway thru the first period. Fleury goets injured and has to leave the game so they have to bring in Johnson. However, before Johnson can get in the game he begins vomiting violently. He hadn't been feeling well but thought he was ell enough to serve as backup. It is now apparent that neither Fleury or Johnson can finish this game. Would you put Sidney Crosby in net?Also, would your answer be different if they were battling for the playoffs or if the score was different?Just curious.

Just curious.
Speaking of just curious, other than the famous Les Patrick incident, has there ever been an occurance where both the starting and backup goaltender were unable to finish the game?
Speaking of just curious, other than the famous Les Patrick incident, has there ever been an occurance where both the starting and backup goaltender were unable to finish the game?
November 13 1968: Glenn Hall was injured during the game so the Blues put in their backup Robbie Irons. But they weren't confident he could do the job, so he was instructed to fake an injury on the ice. Then they paged their other goalie, Jacques Plante, out of the crowd to take over

I also remember a game televised on (i think it was) cbc where one of the teams had one of the broadcasters ready to dress. I think it may have been John Garrett.

November 13 1968: Glenn Hall was injured during the game so the Blues put in their backup Robbie Irons. But they weren't confident he could do the job, so he was instructed to fake an injury on the ice. Then they paged their other goalie, Jacques Plante, out of the crowd to take over
thing that surprised me about this..WTF , the Blues had Glenn Hall AND Jacques Plante??
thing that surprised me about this..WTF , the Blues had Glenn Hall AND Jacques Plante??
Plante's wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_PlanteHall's wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_HallI think this was the only NHL Robbie Irons ever played.http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=8088
pretty cool story actually..He played 3 minutes of NHL hockey and left because he faked an injury..
pretty cool story actually..He played 3 minutes of NHL hockey and left because he faked an injury..
AND for those three minutes he was playing ahead of Glenn Hall and Jacques Plante!

I think there's a rule that you can like sign someone out of the crowd if you need to if you lose both goalies. Something really ridiculous.I wouldn't put Crosby in, whether we're fighting for a playoff spot or the division. Too much of a risk of injury for a guy who's not used to 100 mile an hour shots, and all the different athleticism involved with goaltending. I think I'd rather just play 6 on 5 and see if they could control the puck enough to limit the other teams shots on net. It'd be a long shot, but whatever.I think I've seen situations where Sid played net in practice too, but never with full equipment, he would just grab the mask, blocker, trapper and stop a few half-speed shots.Fwiw, I think we could put Godard or some other scrub in net before Crosby, heh.

Also... 7-0 on the road this year. :club:
this isnt a level or a jab at your mighty Penguins..However they are peaking too soon...the injuries will catch up to them and they havent really beaten a lot of top teams on the road..They are playing well though..But honestly i dont see them running away with the conference..They are a solid playoff team that will finish probably 5th in the conference.IMO FWIW QFT

The Pens equipment manager Dana Heinze played 4 mins of a ECHL game for Johnstown in 88-89: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=7614On a side note, I have 1 career game in net for a HS spring league team. 1-0 with a 50% save percetage on 2 shots on goal. Yes, they only had 2 shots. The one goal I let in was a centering pass I put my stick out for a deflected in. At this rink, you had to talk through the lobby to the locker rooms and the other team's parents were telling me what a great game I had, ha.

For those that weren't aware and may be interested #66 will be at this fall's sportscard expo. His auto prices are crazy expensive imo, but some of you may be interested. The expo is Nov 13th-15th and Mario will be there on Sunday.http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

Is that thing trying to say it'll cost $180 for me to get him to sign my napkin or something?
Yes, i believe it is. Gordie Howe will sign your napkin for $100 though.
For those that weren't aware and may be interested #66 will be at this fall's sportscard expo. His auto prices are crazy expensive imo, but some of you may be interested. The expo is Nov 13th-15th and Mario will be there on Sunday.http://www.sportcardexpo.com/
thats just so stupid....I am not paying $200 for his autograph..They have a VIP package for like a $1000MARIO VIP PACK INCLUDES... 1) Front Of The Line Access. 2) Photo with Mario Lemieux. Printed 8x10 size on site 3) Blank 8x10 Photo (choose from five) 4) Regular Autograph Ticket (to sign 8x10 photo) 5) Mario Lemieux Replica Jersey (choose from below) 6) Premium Autograph Ticket (to sign jersey) 7) Personaliztion Ticket (to sign 8x10 photo or jersey) 8) On Site Framing for dual 8x10 photos 9) Mario Lemieux Overtime 66 Hardcover Frank Orr Book
thats just so stupid....I am not paying $200 for his autograph..They have a VIP package for like a $1000MARIO VIP PACK INCLUDES... 1) Front Of The Line Access. 2) Photo with Mario Lemieux. Printed 8x10 size on site 3) Blank 8x10 Photo (choose from five) 4) Regular Autograph Ticket (to sign 8x10 photo) 5) Mario Lemieux Replica Jersey (choose from below) 6) Premium Autograph Ticket (to sign jersey) 7) Personaliztion Ticket (to sign 8x10 photo or jersey) 8) On Site Framing for dual 8x10 photos 9) Mario Lemieux Overtime 66 Hardcover Frank Orr Book
Pretty awesome deal with those jersey choices, heh. I'd pay a bunch for having a signed photo of myself with my hero. The only thing that would piss me off is waiting in line for hours to spend $200 to get it signed, so the front of line thing has that covered. I like it. If it included airfare and accommodations, I'd be down!

Besides when I was a kid, I've never really been into autographs. I do have a Koho Lemieux signed stick from, I'm guessing 1990. When my step-dad and mom were dating, he lived across the street from the Steelers' long time equipment manager so he got us a stick from Steve Latin for cutting his grass a few times.We also have a Koho Revolution stick from 1996 "signed by Mario" that's a joke. My HS team made it to the Western PA state finals game and they did a charity raffle for the stick. My step-dad wins it and goes to claim the prize at the game but he's told they took the stick from the rink and he has to come back another day to claim it. He calls and calls and they keep avoiding him. Finally, he sets up a time to meet them and they give him a left handed Jr. stick signed. He tells them that it's not the one that was there and obviously someone took the real one and tried (poorly) to replace it with a fake one. They insisted that it was the same one, but my step-dad grew up playing and isn't an idiot. He's too nice and just took the stick not to make a scene/problem out of it.Random brag reminder note: I have Colby's Winter Classic stick game used stick!

I only asked because I seem to remember some news article on the Sabres a few years ago carrying a quote from Andrew Peters that said the coaches had designated him as the emergency backup goalie if there was ever a situation where both netminders went down in a single game. I guess he used to play goalie way back in the day. You wouldn't think a team these days would be able to add to their bench if such a scenario went down (goalie out of the stands, equipment manager, goalies coach, etc) so I was just wondering if anyone knew of a modern example where it actually happened.