Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I'd be too afraid of the dude above fleury's right shoulder coming out of the screen to rape me to have this as my desktop.
haha ya I little photoshop could have gone a long way with this picture, but IMO the awesomeness remains.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

haha ya I little photoshop could have gone a long way with this picture, but IMO the awesomeness remains.
You should photoshop pictures of Zach, doox, Tim and yourself in there.
You should photoshop pictures of Zach, doox, Tim and yourself in there.
desktop2.jpg Happy? I don't think I'm facebook friends with Doox but Tim, Zach, and myself are in there.

lol..very funny...Now you need to put me in there somewhere in a Leafs jersey and Crosby sucks sign....wait..never mind.

Now I'm the crazy serial killer????
Haha ya sorry, I'm not crazy happy about how we turned out but Tim is $$$.
lol..very funny...Now you need to put me in there somewhere in a Leafs jersey and Crosby sucks sign....wait..never mind.
I'm awaiting your facebook friend request anytime now.
Haha ya sorry, I'm not crazy happy about how we turned out but Tim is $$$.I'm awaiting your facebook friend request anytime now.
lol..ok...I think we have some mutual friends that I can find you with on there..By the way there is a really bad picture of me on the net that can googled very easily..Its my business pic that I need to change...
Serge, are you a mortgage banker, or mortgage broker?
My official title is Manager of Residential Mortgages...I am a mortgage broker but my employer is TD Canadatrust..I basically run my own business under the banks umbrella.
My official title is Manager of Residential Mortgages...I am a mortgage broker but my employer is TD Canadatrust..I basically run my own business under the banks umbrella.
Ok, you can be my Toronto mortgage broker when I get my whole real estate thing going (pipe dream).
Ok, you can be my Toronto mortgage broker when I get my whole real estate thing going (pipe dream).
Be glad to help...btw you be surprised at what we can do, even in this market..I have creatively gotten mortgages for professional poker players in the past.
I renew my mortgage this year. What's the best rate you can get me? (considering all the freerolls I've gotten YOU in celeb tourneys! LOL :club: )
I renew my mortgage this year. What's the best rate you can get me? (considering all the freerolls I've gotten YOU in celeb tourneys! LOL :club: )
This deserves it's own thread.I see the title nowAsk Serge anything about mortgages.It will be nice to have a thread where Serge can contribute unbiased answers based on actual facts.
Be glad to help...btw you be surprised at what we can do, even in this market..I have creatively gotten mortgages for professional poker players in the past.
Cool, I gotta do something. It's simply not smart to be throwing away $1850 on rent every month.
hmmm for you 9.75%...lol..seriously its a good time to renew now..The rates have dropped significantly over the last few months..Depends what you are looking for, variable or fixed..Posted rate for a fixed 5 yr mortgage now is 5.75%, however I can get around 4.25% now for good clients, probably even a little better.You can get a one year fixed rate at 3.75%..The way the banks in Canada do variable rates have changed considerably..Last year we were able to do mortgages at Prime Minus .90...Then the global credit crisis hit and now we are doing Prime Plus .80...Which today would be 3.80%...Those are the rates I can do , however if there is a lender out there that has lower rates we can usually match or beat them. Since I am a broker I have a lot of leeway in what I can get done.
Cool, I gotta do something. It's simply not smart to be throwing away $1850 on rent every month.
That is sick. Boy am I ever glad I live on PEI.$1,850 Rent would get you a 4 bedroom house here.Although if you were paying that much you might as well buy like you said.

I'd love to get a house but prices here in Charlottesville are pretty ridiculous. I live in a pretty nice apartment complex though with 2 roomates and we have a 2 floor 3 bed/3 bath unit for about $1700 total.

Just to give you an idea that would pay for a $300000 mortgage INCLUDING utilities and property taxes...Depending on your down payment you can get a pretty nice condo or even a small house depending on the area in Toronto..Not sure how Ottawa works, but would assume cheaper.
I'd love to get a house but prices here in Charlottesville are pretty ridiculous. I live in a pretty nice apartment complex though with 2 roomates and we have a 2 floor 3 bed/3 bath unit for about $1700 total.
I live on PEI (Charlottetown) in a 4 bedroom house about 3,000 sq ft with a garage and my mortgage payment is less than $1,000 a month including property taxes. This is not a 50 year mortgage either. I bought the house 5 years ago and it will be paid off in about 10-12 more years.Gotta love small towns.
Just to give you an idea that would pay for a $300000 mortgage INCLUDING utilities and property taxes...Depending on your down payment you can get a pretty nice condo or even a small house depending on the area in Toronto..Not sure how Ottawa works, but would assume cheaper.
Yeah, my condo is about $300k (semi random guess based on what others are going for), and well, I'm just paying off someone else's mortgage.Can you guys do anything with 10% down, or would I need 20% given that I'd be higher risk? I'm considering asking my Dad to cosign, fwiw. Also, fwiw, considering I'm going to owe a boatload in taxes (if anyone figures out how to file as a pro gambler), I'm no where near affording any sort of down payment right now.My condo right now is one bedroom, and an office. It's listed as 733 sq ft, but I think that's prob bull shit as I figure it includes the balcony (27.5x5).The most recent listing I found for mine was in 2008 and it was $289,000, including a parking space (which I've seen being sold for $30k), and it's only 2 floors beneath mine (I'm on 8, the highest non-penthouse floor).I'd be looking for something similar, maybe cheaper, in a slightly different location. Our area is growing pretty quick, maybe the last 5 years or so, there's prob been half a dozen condo towers going up, and a couple more en route.My only real issue, is I don't know how long I'll be in Ottawa, so I don't know how viable it is to buy, depending on how long I plan on living here. Andie has 1.5 years of school left, so that'd be the bare minimum. She'd also have a pretty good job lined up out of school, so some extra time here would be good for her career, before trying to move somewhere warmer.Having said that, my basic plan would be to buy something, live in it for a few years while it appreciates (hopefully), then try to get a home equity loan from my equity, refinance the first place, and hopefully come out with a down payment for a different place, depending on where we move, and then rent out my first place until the mortgage is paid off, or the market booms, etc.Either way, I'm quite a ways from having a down payment saved up, especially if I need 20% of anything.

at 20% down the rules change quite a bit as you dont have to be insured by CMHC, the government regulated body where the law is any mortgage with less than 20% has to be insured. If your dad is going to cosign the mortgage and he has enough income to support, than you can go in with little as 5% down...More CMHC costs, a little more risky but its available.The market in Toronto and I am sure its similar there is very slow and bargains can be had, especially in the condo market. The one thing that you have to be aware of when buying a condo is the maintenance fee..Some condos that I have done mortgage for can be as high as $850 to $1000/month on some of the higher end condos. Your timeframe might be perfect as the market is down right now and we expect a turnaround in about 2 years, and you maybe be able to build some equity and make some money then. If you have any questions anytime PM me, its what I do all day, its my real job. The crazed Leaf Fan pyscho is just my evening gig. :DPS not sure of the tax situation, there is a few tax guys on here...Babying is an accountant and he is in the AHL, maybe he has a good answer for you.

Serge, thanks for the advice.I'm locked into this lease until the end of July 09, I'm gonna work my balls of to try to come up with a down payment by then and see if we can work something out.I'll PM babying and see if he knows anything.Thanks again.

Serge, thanks for the advice.I'm locked into this lease until the end of July 09, I'm gonna work my balls of to try to come up with a down payment by then and see if we can work something out.I'll PM babying and see if he knows anything.Thanks again.
no problem anytime..BTW everything will be much easier when you win a huge tourney at the WSOP this year and then you can just pay cash for a condo.