• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

god dammit...why am I not playing Staal in the FCHL2.His second goal of the night is the nail in the Sabre coffin.Malkin with 1g and 3a retakes the scoring lead from Semin who was scratched tonight. 30 points in 17 games this year.

I thought it was 6-2 now, LOL. Didn't I correct you or Fryer to 5-2 after last game?
They showed 5-3 going during the game tonight...so who the F knows? habtw....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Funny stuff since Sydor was on the Pens broadcast in the booth with Staigy and Bob Errey last night. He had to know this was going down but no mention was made. Good trade for the Pens...it's a wash cap wise, but as mentioned before they get a NTC off the books and get a right shot at the point. Who woulda thought that with Gonchar and Whitney out the Pens wouldn't be able to play Sydor on a regular basis.

So basically, Eaton takes up the press box seat, at this point, and Boucher moves into our top 6, with Orpik, Letang, Gill, Scuderi, and Goligoski.That's a pretty solid defensive unit, even without Gonchar and Whitney. Wow.

So basically, Eaton takes up the press box seat, at this point, and Boucher moves into our top 6, with Orpik, Letang, Gill, Scuderi, and Goligoski.That's a pretty solid defensive unit, even without Gonchar and Whitney. Wow.
Are we still looking at an early December return for Whitney, or has that been pushed back?
Are we still looking at an early December return for Whitney, or has that been pushed back?
"Ryan Whitney told the Tribune that he expects to practice within two weeks. If so, he could be back in the lineup in early December, a good two weeks earlier than expected."~secret source
"Ryan Whitney told the Tribune that he expects to practice within two weeks. If so, he could be back in the lineup in early December, a good two weeks earlier than expected."~secret source
that's why I love ya, monkey. ty.
Unless a change of scenery rejuvenates one of them then this is pretty much a wash. The only difference is that Pittsburgh managed to get rid of a NTC.
Really? I think Boucher has a lot more offensive potential. He is only two seasons removed from a fantastic year.

I think it's a slight plus for the Pens when you compare them individually, but I'm wondering what's next. What's going to happen with Eaton? What happens when Whitney comes back? Surely this isn't the last move involving the Penguin defensemen.

Well, they know what they're getting. He used to play there a couple years ago. I don't get it from their end, though. Is it just me, or do you guys wonder why Sydor was written off by the Pens/Therrien? He performed great when he was finally unbenched in last year's playoffs, and his stats this year aren't too shabby. 8 games played, with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a plus 5. Boucher's resume looks decent, but it isn't like we handed over a bag of pucks. Maybe it's just me.

Really? I think Boucher has a lot more offensive potential. He is only two seasons removed from a fantastic year.
Have you watched him play in the last two seasons?

A perspective on the trade from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Dave Molinari:Question: Can you offer any explanation for the Darryl Sydor trade? This seems like a completely lateral, if not backward, trade for the Penguins. Both Sydor and Philippe Boucher are older players who are past their primes, have the same cap hit and have been healthy scratches recently. I assume Boucher will be getting the same lack of playing time Sydor received. The only thing they seem to have gained is a right-handed shot, but looking at Boucher's point totals, he doesn't seem to use it much. I always thought the plan with Sydor was to trade him for some of the missing pieces later in the year. Did Ray Shero realize he wasn't going to get anything for Sydor? Is there something the scouting staff saw in a 35-year-old that no one else has seen in his 18 years in the league? Do you think the Penguins will be able to get the same value out of Boucher at the deadline they would have from Sydor, even if it wasn't going to be much?Aaron Josephson, BostonMOLINARI: First of all, understand that this deal was not envisioned as a epic transaction by either team; it was an exchange of defensemen who are in the latter stages of their careers and could be rejuvenated by a change of scenery. Or, in Sydor's case, the opportunity to actually dress for more than half of his team's games. (Boucher, conversely, was a healthy scratch Saturday for the first time this season, and only because the trade already had been worked out and Dallas didn't want to risk having him get injured.)That said, Sydor wasn't likely to rise above No. 6 on the Penguins' defensive depth chart unless there were more injuries on their blue line, and he was that high mostly because Mark Eaton has not performed to expectations for most of this season. Boucher, conversely, gives the Penguins a second right-handed shot on defense (Kris Letang is the other) and has a long history of being productive from the point.It's true that he had no goals and three assists in 16 games this season, but it's also true that he piled up 19 goals and earned a place in the NHL All-Star Game two seasons ago. It probably is unrealistic to expect Boucher to return to that level at age 35, but his mere presence on the point could help the power play. Or, at the very least, enable the Penguins to reduce the number of shorthanded goals they allow.Whether dealing Sydor at the deadline in an effort to address some of the Penguins' personnel needs was the front office's long-term plan isn't known -- general manager Ray Shero and his staff don't make a habit of briefing outsiders on their trade strategies -- but he was a candidate to be moved at some point if the Penguins were satisfied with their depth on defense. He was not, however, likely to command a price higher than a late-round draft choice, let alone the top-six winger the Penguins need.While it would not be prudent for the Penguins to count on Boucher to have a major impact on how the rest of their season plays out, there is enough about him -- the right-handed shot, the history of productivity -- to suggest that it isn't entirely out of the question. In the worst-case scenario, he can give the team the same kind of depth and insurance Sydor provided, so the potential rewards seem considerably greater than the possible risks.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------