• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Woo! Thank god. They really looked like they wanted to give that one away. Nice to see Martin put it away with all the boos he heard all day.

Great news - http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...twt-pghpenguins I'm sure he's still got a long way to go but this is a big step.Hopefully the injuries to Orpik (groin) and Michalek (shoulder) aren't serious. Orpik has been battling this injury since preseason so hopefully some time off will mean it wonder linger too deep into the season. The rumor is that someone saw Michalek in a sling yesterday so take that as you will. The Pens are saying both day-to-day as Staal and Asham are out indefinitely. Enough of this winless at CEC BS. Get one tonight. Do it for Serge.http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|home

Great news - http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...twt-pghpenguins I'm sure he's still got a long way to go but this is a big step.Hopefully the injuries to Orpik (groin) and Michalek (shoulder) aren't serious. Orpik has been battling this injury since preseason so hopefully some time off will mean it wonder linger too deep into the season. The rumor is that someone saw Michalek in a sling yesterday so take that as you will. The Pens are saying both day-to-day as Staal and Asham are out indefinitely. Enough of this winless at CEC BS. Get one tonight. Do it for Serge.http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...vid=DL|PIT|home
Good luck..I am looking forward to solid game, should be a good one.

Good game guys, we were lucky to catch you shorthanded...Crosby has a hard on for the Leafs it seems like, he plays big every time..That arena looks cool..I am definetely gonna make a road trip to check it out

Reffing is ****ing brutal so far. Pens are up 2-0, then Letang gets a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for a shoulder to shoulder check?!? Of course he gets jumped from behind for his legal hit, since that's what always happens, but the Islander just got 2 minutes. A missed call after the 5 minutes is up lets the Isles keep it in the zone and get the tying goal. Brutal.

Wow. What a joke.Bailey should get 2+10 for instigator (can you assess one without assessing a fighting major?), or at least a 10 for unsportsmanlike.You're allowed to toss the gloves, and jump a guy from behind now and only get 2 minutes? We should just do that all game.

Wow. What a joke.Bailey should get 2+10 for instigator (can you assess one without assessing a fighting major?), or at least a 10 for unsportsmanlike.You're allowed to toss the gloves, and jump a guy from behind now and only get 2 minutes? We should just do that all game.
Avery did something similar..He got 2 minutes for jumping Army..(lol I said Army)
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl-277387

Wow, lots going on there:Pros:- announcer got the call right immediately.- I'd rather too many calls like that then not enough- Bailey sticking up for his dudeCons:- Comeau wearing his helmet not done up. Terrible example for kids, and just idiotic in general. If I'm a GM or insurance company, I consider any injuries caused by a helmet not being done up properly to be the player's fault, and they're not paid while they're out. well, the NHLPA would never allow it of course.- the call is clearly wrong, and even the announcer saw it- Crosby being a huge wuss. Watch that video again, Crosby just stands there as his guy gets literally jumped from behind. I realize that part of being the most valuable player on your team is not putting yourself in dangerous situations, but that was downright cowardly. If you want to question what Bailey did, then question Crosby too for sitting there and watching it. He doesn't have to toss the gloves, just pull the guy off your player.Bailey should be suspended, no question. He won't be, but that is BS. Oh, and Letang should shit in Crosby's shoes. That won't happen either :club:

- Crosby being a huge wuss. Watch that video again, Crosby just stands there as his guy gets literally jumped from behind. I realize that part of being the most valuable player on your team is not putting yourself in dangerous situations, but that was downright cowardly. If you want to question what Bailey did, then question Crosby too for sitting there and watching it. He doesn't have to toss the gloves, just pull the guy off your player.
If he grabs him there, he probably gets a 3rd man in the altercation which is a game misconduct.
If he grabs him there, he probably gets a 3rd man in the altercation which is a game misconduct.
Unless he waits the several seconds it took for Letang to turn around, he doesn't get a third man in call, IMO.

Sid would have to jump into a real serious fight to get a 3rd man in. They wouldn't give him (or most players) one for jumping into a scrum like that.I don't care that Bailey went after Letang, but the NHL needs to enforce the rules. They need to start handing out 5 mins for fighting when guys do that stuff, imho. Or at the very least an instigator which carries the automatic 10 minute misconduct.They didn't call it this way last night, but sometimes guys get jumped, do nothing at all, and they give them each 2 mins for roughing. It's all quite lol.

Sid would have to jump into a real serious fight to get a 3rd man in. They wouldn't give him (or most players) one for jumping into a scrum like that.I don't care that Bailey went after Letang, but the NHL needs to enforce the rules. They need to start handing out 5 mins for fighting when guys do that stuff, imho. Or at the very least an instigator which carries the automatic 10 minute misconduct.They didn't call it this way last night, but sometimes guys get jumped, do nothing at all, and they give them each 2 mins for roughing. It's all quite lol.
Yeah, I agree with this. Very glad to see Letang's major get rescinded. An easy call, but still tough with all the head shot drama going on.If I'm GM of the Islanders, I fine Comeau for playing with his helmet not done up. And if I'm Colin Campbell, I suspend Bailey for a game or two.For now, I'll just be thankful they got the Letang call right.

Meh, Bailey's play isn't suspendable (how is this not a real word?), IMO. I just think it was worth more than 2 mins during the game.I don't get rescinding the 5+game, unless they track the head shot penalties, which they probably do, and issue suspensions based on how many you have. We still lost one of our best defenseman (one of only 3 regulars we had in the lineup to start with) for over half the game, and had to kill 5 minutes that we shouldn't have had to, where we got scored upon once by the guy who only got 2 mins, and also scored on just after it ended. The guy who got killed by the hit, assisted both goals!At least we won the game in the end, but man that could have been costly.edit - want to be clear, I'm not really complaining about the refs, that's gotta be a tough call to make at full speed. I wonder if they could do a quick review of these things in the future, before kicking the guy out. Reffing is an even sum game, imho anyways, you get some good calls, you get some bad ones.