Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Sick life. Nov 10 and 12 for me.
99% sure I'll go on Wed with (by "with", I mean also go to the game) you. If I get dmb ticket at MSG on Sat the 13th, I'm going to leave for NYC in the morning on Friday after we go out in the South Siiiiiiiiiiiiide on Thursday night. If I don't go to NYC, I'll probably go on Fri with you too. Sound like a plan?
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Yeah, for sure man. Kinda up in the air who/if anyone will be going with me, at this point, but I'm coming down, anyways.
You're always welcome to stay at my place to save $$. I'm right by the airport now, ~15 mins to downtown.
You're always welcome to stay at my place to save $$. I'm right by the airport now, ~15 mins to downtown.
Can I have the same arrangement but I just leave my little girls with you?
I said it was the "word around town" you know since I live in Pittsburgh, read the paper daily, and listen to sportstalk radio. This is not my opinion just what i've heard or read/heard on at least 5 occasions this off season most recently this week although I think TFK sucks balls.After the recent additions Top 10 Forwards look like this1. Crosby2. Malkin3. Staal4. Dupuis5. Talbot6. Kunitz7. Cooke8. Comrie9. Asham10. Tangradi11. 12.Two of these would be 11-12. 1. Adams, TFK, Jeffrey, Letestu, Rupp, Goddard, Johnson, Wallace, ConnerI have read the Jeffery and Letestu have been great so far and expect at least one of them to be on the opening day roster. We know Disco Dan loves Adams and Rupp So no I don't think I'm crazy but I do agree his number is cap friendly but so are the other young players
Sterling seems to be the latest flavor to be talked about by the local media to crack the line-up. He certainly made a good showing tonight with a goal and assist, although I'm surprised Craig didn't get the 1st star of the game with 2 goals in 2 shots. He can fill a net, although I'm not sure if he can continue to do that at the NHL level.

i saw the summary and it looked like Orpik and Bertuzzi went crazy against each other.Any report on what actually happened?You dont see a 5 minute kneeing penalty too often.

i saw the summary and it looked like Orpik and Bertuzzi went crazy against each other.Any report on what actually happened?You dont see a 5 minute kneeing penalty too often.
My guess is Oprick taking out Franzen with a knee to knee.

Pens had a decent amount of regulars, compared to the Wings. The win isn't much of a surprise, and isn't all that telling. Even then, it's nice to see Sid on the board already, as well as Sterling and Comrie.

I really have no idea what the opening day lineup is going to look like. Shero and Bylsma have a lot of tough decisions to make. All reports I've heard have the training camp being a huge success so far. There's tons of competition for a few spots and that's translating to sharp play up and a 4-0 record so far.Questions?Despres (19 year old defensemen) has been awesome. Does he deserve to be on the team? Ya prolly. Will he get top 4 minutes? No I don't think so. Because of this I think he needs to go back to St. Johns and dominate one more year and hopefully he can come to camp next year and make the jump then. He might be able to get a few game tryout in Pittsburgh but is it even worth doing that? http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...=rss&feed=8Letang who was in a similar situation a couple years ago.

"My time here, I learned how to play defense," Letang said. "That helped me play in more situations in the world junior (tournament), get more ice time. I thought I could have stayed, but going back was a good thing. Looking back, I took a lot of the things I learned here in practices and put them into my game in junior. That gave me more confidence."
What to do with Lovejoy or Engelland? Martin, Michalek, Letang, Orpik, and Goligoski are locks at this point but who's #6/7? Gogo is a RFA after next season and everyone else aren't UFAs until at least 2014. Lovejoy is on a 2 way contract this year but is a 1 way the next two seasons.http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=26All reports are saying Letestu, Tangradi and some others are really make a push at the NHL roster. What does this mean for the Talbots, Kennedys, Rupps? Trade bait later in the year? I'd hate to lose any of them and am not saying it's going to happen but you can't keep AHL talent forever. Either way Wilkes-Barre should be pretty good this year.I've also heard nothing but great things about Fluery/Johnson as well. Neither have ever played behind D expected to be as strong as this one so they could be in for a good year.Keep in mind I haven't been able to see even a minute of gameplay but I'm judging based on opinions of listening to radio or reading blogs/articles.Bottom line is that it's going to be really interesting how it all turns out and by all accounts there's tons of reasons for high expectations going into this season. The injury bug always looms of course but I think this team is deep enough to withstand quite a bit. 1011-DestinyBanner.jpgI don't think I like the tagline this year. "Destiny has a new home" better than "Defy Ordinary" but nowhere near as good as "A Great Day for Hockey." Maybe it's just me but I don't the idea of Destiny. It implies that great things will happen no matter what. I'd rather them have to fight for everything and not rely on some "Destiny." Not a big deal...just my 2 cents.

IMO, Despres should get a 9-game tryout just like Letang did. That will do nothing but help his development. After that, send him back to juniors to destroy peoples souls.Jeffrey is probably behind Letestu and Tangradi at this point. All of a sudden we have all this prospect depth.I have no idea what's going to happen.

IMO, Despres should get a 9-game tryout just like Letang did. That will do nothing but help his development. After that, send him back to juniors to destroy peoples souls.
I bet they ask Letang his opinion on Despres since he was in the same situation. From what I heard in an interview with Letang talking about it, he thought it was great for his development.

I don't think they'd ask because they're not sure they'd get an honest answer. Would Letang or anyone else really suggest they send a player down?