• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

would it have been a goal if he kicked it and it went in off of letang's stick?
I fairly certain it would not have.
No goal, even if it goes off Tang's stick.SWEEEEEEEP. WOOOOOHOOOOO!
I fairly certain it would not have.BTW...Gary Galley is a former Bruin. :club:
BTW: Gary Galley is a host on Team 1200 (Ottawa) so he might be a bit biased. And he really didn't say that it was conclusively say it was a goal, more wishful thinking. And, given that the league took longer than usual to review the play it wasn't all that cut and dry.
BTW: Gary Galley is a host on Team 1200 (Ottawa) so he might be a bit biased. And he really didn't say that it was conclusively say it was a goal, more wishful thinking. And, given that the league took longer than usual to review the play it wasn't all that cut and dry.
I think it was pretty cut and dry.It seemed to take longer than usual as they probably wanted to make sure they were making the right call as this was a pivotal point in the game.He didn't mean to kick in the net (it looked like he wanted to kick it up to his stick) but he did so no goal. It was so funny watching CBC. One announcer (not sure who it was) was saying it was definitely a goal with Jim Hughson in the background saying it's pretty obvious it's kicked in, it will be disallowed.
I think it was pretty cut and dry.It seemed to take longer than usual as they probably wanted to make sure they were making the right call as this was a pivotal point in the game.He didn't mean to kick in the net (it looked like he wanted to kick it up to his stick) but he did so no goal. It was so funny watching CBC. One announcer (not sure who it was) was saying it was definitely a goal with Jim Hughson in the background saying it's pretty obvious it's kicked in, it will be disallowed.
There was one angle (head-on) where there was some doubt but there was definite kicking motion. I'm wondering if the league thought it was possible Vermette kicked the defender's (Whitney?) stick and the stick knocked the puck in.In that situation Vermette really needed to use his head... if he wanted to get the puck to his stick not only did he not need to kick the puck but instead needed to cradle it a bit (since the incoming pass was so fast).
In that situation Vermette really needed to use his head... if he wanted to get the puck to his stick not only did he not need to kick the puck but instead needed to cradle it a bit (since the incoming pass was so fast).
Eh, it's easy to say that from an armchair. All that happens so fast, it was clear he was trying to get it to his stick, but Letang sorta knocked his stick out of the way, and we got lucky he couldn't get it there. Not easy to 'use your head' when all of this happens in a split second.
Eh, it's easy to say that from an armchair. All that happens so fast, it was clear he was trying to get it to his stick, but Letang sorta knocked his stick out of the way, and we got lucky he couldn't get it there. Not easy to 'use your head' when all of this happens in a split second.
The announcer was saying his intent was to kick it up to his stick so it should be a goal. Then Hughson was sayng you can't guess intent and no matter what if you kick the puck in the net it's not a goal.I was laughing out loud at either the biasness of the announcer or his plain stupidity in not knowing the rules. Whichever it was it was pretty funny.
Gary Roberts: The New Chuck Norrishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17JP8AuKsc
haha nice contribution from the DVE morning show.Anyone have any idea when the first 2 games of the 2nd round in Pittsburgh might be? The last possible game 7 in the eastern conference is Tuesday so I'm thinking they'll play something like Thursday/Saturday...but that's nothing but a guess. I'm not sure how the scheduling works but I'll be in Pittsburgh that weekend and my buddy got tickets to game 2, so I'm hoping it will be Sunday or earlier.

So what you guys going to be doing while you wait for everyone else to catch up?

xbox 360
Good choice. Slightly serious question though. Do you guys feel that you have an advantage - massive confidence, chemistry, hot goalie - after the sweep or will the team you face in the next round have an advantage? Given that they will have been playing more hockey at a high intensity level and would then carry that into the next round.Personally I'd take the sweep. 3-2 is scaaaaary.
Good choice. Slightly serious question though. Do you guys feel that you have an advantage - massive confidence, chemistry, hot goalie - after the sweep or will the team you face in the next round have an advantage? Given that they will have been playing more hockey at a high intensity level and would then carry that into the next round.Personally I'd take the sweep. 3-2 is scaaaaary.
We'll end up playing the Rangers most likely anyways, so it doesn't mean much to have the rest, since they'll have had a similar layoff. (Unless Boston or Washington complete the improbably 3-1 comebacks).
I don't know if it was because the Senators were so bad or Pitts was that good, but I have a feeling they are going to be in the final.
Nothing better than a jinx...knock on wood.
GaryRoberts.jpg
Haha, awesome.Let's go Caps!!!If they do win there's a decent chance I'd be in attendance @ two of those games. One in each house.
Let's go CAPS!!!!!!!!
Ovechkin vs Crosby/Malkin and Montreal vs the Rangers...that, along with the pleasure of seeing Philly get knocked out makes this a must-win :club:
Ovechkin vs Crosby/Malkin and Montreal vs the Rangers...that, along with the pleasure of seeing Philly get knocked out makes this a must-win :club:
Lets see if Pittsburgh get lucky again..Its obvious that the Rangers are the tougher match up...

I agree. I figure they have a better chance of knocking off Montreal, which will be better for the local businesses. That way, they can get all the rioting out of their systems after round 2, instead of letting it drag on another round or so.