prefer ak suited over aa?

I don't know about you, but I know I'd rather have AKs in the pocket than AA (except in a head 2 head matchup). There so many more draws available, and comes with the insurance of an easier laydown if the flop is dangerous. How many times have you held onto AA simply because you can't convince yourself that youre beat?Thoughts?

I don't know about you, but I know I'd rather have AKs in the pocket than AA (except in a head 2 head matchup). There so many more draws available, and comes with the insurance of an easier laydown if the flop is dangerous. How many times have you held onto AA simply because you can't convince yourself that youre beat?Thoughts?
Problem is most people can't lay AK down everAces are better of course, even if pocket sixes sucks out every once in a while like it did today

How many times have you held onto AA simply because you can't convince yourself that youre beat?Not too many times. It is only one pair, and once you come to grasps with that fact, letting go of aces really isn't that difficult if you are faced with heavy action on the flop or turn. Therefore, I'll take the aces pre-flop instead of A-Ksooooted.

dumbest first post ever on this site? lets go gamble money right now where you can have your K A suited every hand and ill have A A every hand and see 5 card flops. then we'll see how much you love it.

I'd take AA over AK, but I believe it was Doyle who said he prefers often to have ak over AA.It can't be the stupidest idea ever if Doyle believes in it.
he says that because ak is easier to get away from. anyone who says they would rather have ak is not being truthful to themselves, doyle included. it's almost like a hottie saying do you wanna make out or do it and you say let's just make out. if you're squeezing and the first card is an ace, there's no way your rooting for a king to appear next, you want that ace.

dumbest first post ever on this site? lets go gamble money right now where you can have your K A suited every hand and ill have A A every hand and see 5 card flops. then we'll see how much you love it.I clearly said not when AK is versus AA, because then it only has 12% to the AA

dumbest first post ever on this site? lets go gamble money right now where you can have your K A suited every hand and ill have A A every hand and see 5 card flops. then we'll see how much you love it.I clearly said not when AK is versus AA, because then it only has 12% to the AA
omg if AA is favored 88% to 12% vs. AK, why in the world would you like it more? do you understand how stupid your statement is?

omg if AA is favored 88% to 12% vs. AK, why in the world would you like it more? do you understand how stupid your statement is?No, he's saying overall agaisnt multiple and that he understands AA is better than AK heads up.

I'd take AA over AK, but I believe it was Doyle who said he prefers often to have ak over AA.  It can't be the stupidest idea ever if Doyle believes in it.
You're without a doubt taking his words out of context.No hand is "too hard to get away from" for someone with a shred of sense. If you think you're beat, then you think you're beat - your hole cards are meaningless. The difference is that with AK, you'll naturally think that you're beat more often... shockingly, because you ARE beaten more often.You could similarly argue that 10/J suited is preferable to pocket J's because they're "easier to get away from". Who cares? Which would you rather have? It's only the shittiest of players that "hate" pocket jacks because they misplay them. The same is true of aces. They are the two best cards, but they're just _two_ cards. Poker is about making a 5 card hand.

I wasn't taken anything out of context.I simply said what he said in his book.I don't recall me saying that he said AA is worse than AK, or did I say I'd rather have AK.I think you took what I said out of context.

If you're always scared your A A will get cracked, then you just haven't been playing them right. This may only be my second post, but this I do know.See it all the time on play money tables, people get pocket aces, but because they are so concerned with not giving away that they have a strong hand, they limp in, only call the big blind. Then when one of the eight people who also called hit two random pairs on the flop, they whine that their aces never win, after losing to something like J :) 2 :D . Well if you make it easy for them to call you... :roll:

You wrote, "I believe it was Doyle who said he prefers often to have ak over AA". That suggests that the preference is independent of the board and I sincerely doubt that's what he meant. If it was dependent on the board, then no shit he "prefers often to have a/k over aa" - notably when you flop the flush, a straight, or anything that has a pair of aces beaten. Hooray.

I understand what you're saying OP.I think Doyle said that you'll win a small pot with Aces or lose a big one.And with AK it's much clearer what you do on the flop.So i think AK is easier to play than AA but its not better.To x3000gtx and everyone else.RTFP before spouting out meaningless crap

I understand what you're saying OP.I think Doyle said that you'll win a small pot with Aces or lose a big one.And with AK it's much clearer what you do on the flop.So i think AK is easier to play than AA but its not better.To x3000gtx and everyone else.RTFP before spouting out meaningless crap
why dont you type words instead of your crap abbreviations. i personally have no idea what OP (orange pig?) or RTFP (read the fine print?) means. i dont think im alone. what i said wasnt meaningless. no good poker player hopes to look down to AK suited instead of AA. give me a break.

Bluff, I think this is a very good point. It is very hard to get away from AA after you raised preflop and the flop comes down ragged and you get heat. There is just too much you can beat most of the time to laydown your hand, I think your post is referring to playing them in NL games with multiple people in the pot. AA is a very hard hand to play post flop after you put in the raise, whereas AK is very simple, you can check fold to a scary board, bet/fold to a nonscary board, or if you hit your A or K bet/raise. Doyle did say he would rather have AK than AA and he wasn't just saying it. He made good points that I don;t need to reiterate. When holding AA and you don't improve on the flop there are 3 other cards people can connect with on the flop, whereas when you improve with AK there are more likely only two cards people are connecting with. Just seems like an easy situation to me. Thank you in advance for everyone writing AA is better than AK, well aware, but as Doyle also said AA seems to win small pots and lose big ones, quite the opposite of AK.