just got home from a 18 person $50 buy-in tourney. down to 5, top 4 get paid. finally got some hands and i build up a decent stack. the button raises for like the 3rd or 4th time, and i'm in the bb. look down at AJ after the sb also calls the raise, but i know he's not a very good player. the raise is like $2000, and i have about $7000 left in chips, so i push all in. the original raiser counts it out and it's about half of his stack to call. he thinks about it for a while, and then calls, so i figure he has at least a medium pair. i show my AJ, and he says, "you got me." he has A8. he calls half of his stack on the bubble with A8. of course, an 8 comes on the turn. i have 7 outs, either a J or a Q, since i have a straight draw too. of course, there's another 8 on the river. he tells me that he put me on a pair. what pair, deuces? i don't consider going all-in on the bubble with AJ unless i'm almost positive my hand is the best. what an idiot. ok, i'm done. peace y'all.jason

just got home from a 18 person $50 buy-in tourney. down to 5, top 4 get paid. finally got some hands and i build up a decent stack. the button raises for like the 3rd or 4th time, and i'm in the bb. look down at AJ after the sb also calls the raise, but i know he's not a very good player. the raise is like $2000, and i have about $7000 left in chips, so i push all in. the original raiser counts it out and it's about half of his stack to call. he thinks about it for a while, and then calls, so i figure he has at least a medium pair. i show my AJ, and he says, "you got me." he has A8. he calls half of his stack on the bubble with A8. of course, an 8 comes on the turn. i have 7 outs, either a J or a Q, since i have a straight draw too. of course, there's another 8 on the river. he tells me that he put me on a pair. what pair, deuces? i don't consider going all-in on the bubble with AJ unless i'm almost positive my hand is the best. what an idiot. ok, i'm done. peace y'all.jason
good luck next time

Hmmmm.....shoving against a bad player with a marginal hand and out of position. Why not call and outplay him after the flop if he's that bad? Either way, why are you complaining about someone calling with a lesser hand?

OP is right. I always prefer to have a hand like J-J or A-A call my all-in preflop when I push with A-J.{PAUSE}{PAUSE}{PAUSE}NOT !"Very great success"

OP is right. I always prefer to have a hand like J-J or A-A call my all-in preflop when I push with A-J.{PAUSE}{PAUSE}{PAUSE}NOT !"Very great success"
HIIIIGHHHHHHH FIVEEEE!!!borat.jpg

AJ either suited or offsuit is a good but vulnerable hand (win rate is about 48-58%) so the risk certainly wasn't unwarranted. That said, if he was a hammerhead, I can see why you pushed all-in... though, at the same time, I can also see a true hammerhead calling and sucking out, especially with a chip lead, but that was your call and I certainly can see you going either way.Shake off the bad beat and get em next time.

let me join u, on bubble of makign money with 45 left...ET - 2007/01/14Seat 2: ellat1 (19,569)Seat 3: DaTruPoker (24,890)Seat 4: driven (6,398)Seat 5: hit_the_nuts (15,972)Seat 6: GDSC (8,870)driven posts the small blind of 400hit_the_nuts posts the big blind of 800The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to DaTruPoker [Ah As]GDSC foldsellat1 raises to 2,400DaTruPoker calls 2,400driven foldshit_the_nuts folds*** FLOP *** [8s 3c Ts]ellat1 checksDaTruPoker bets 3,000ellat1 raises to 15,000DaTruPoker raises to 22,490, and is all inellat1 calls 2,169, and is all inDaTruPoker shows [Ah As]ellat1 shows [7c Jc]Uncalled bet of 5,321 returned to DaTruPoker*** TURN *** [8s 3c Ts] [Ad]*** RIVER *** [8s 3c Ts Ad] [9s]DaTruPoker shows three of a kind, Acesellat1 shows a straight, Jack highellat1 wins the pot (40,338) with a straight, Jack highDaTruPoker: lolDaTruPoker: so funny*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 40,338 | Rake 0Board: [8s 3c Ts Ad 9s]Seat 2: ellat1 showed [7c Jc] and won (40,338) with a straight, Jack highSeat 3: DaTruPoker (button) showed [Ah As] and lost with three of a kind, AcesSeat 4: driven (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: hit_the_nuts (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: GDSC didn't bet (folded)

itttttttttttn wasssssssssssssssss meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol, no seriously it wasnt, what i look like a retard? i call all in a8 loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolno never