Official Wpt Atlantis Day 2 Thread

from pocket 5s live: Ben "benjilbc" Gold's starting seat assignment for day 2 put him across the table from probably the biggest name in the tournament, Daniel Negreanu.The two players were involved in a decent sized pot within the first ten minutes of play, and Ben came out on top - both winning the pot and getting Negreanu to call a value bet on the river.On a board of 7Q55Q Ben bet 6,800 into what looked to be a roughly 15k pot. Negreanu took his time, asked the dealer for a confirmation on the bet amount, then tossed the chips in to make the call."I've got the queen," Ben said showing the QJ. "That is good" Negreanu responded, mucking his cards.

"I've got the queen," Ben said showing the QJ. "That is good" Negreanu responded, mucking his cards.
It is just a little bump in the road for Daniel. I have faith he will make the final table.

Tom "ChuckSty" Rau has more than doubled up from where he started the day. Tom came in with 46,500 and is now up to 125,000.A lot of those chips came on a Q85 flop after ChuckSty had smooth called a raise with pocket eights. All the chips went in later in the hand and ChuckSty's set of eights took down a nice pot against a set of fives.Tom was able to win another hand with pocket jacks and is now in very solid position early on day 2.Source: pocket 5s

Tom "ChuckSty" Rau has more than doubled up from where he started the day. Tom came in with 46,500 and is now up to 125,000.A lot of those chips came on a Q85 flop after ChuckSty had smooth called a raise with pocket eights. All the chips went in later in the hand and ChuckSty's set of eights took down a nice pot against a set of fives.Tom was able to win another hand with pocket jacks and is now in very solid position early on day 2.Source: pocket 5s
WoooHoooo!
BANG!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ the blog!! I was thinking 'what is he DOING!?!?, this is no goooood!', then i as i read on, i realized that sometimes he just goes too far with his blog jokes!! :club: hehe

"Tonight on "The Circuit"Be sure to join special guest host Daniel Negreanu on tonight's episode of "The Circuit" with guest William Chen.Send your questions or comments to thecircuit@cardplayer.com or phone them into the "Donk Line" at 1-877-675-1306. "

"Respek - If a Bahamian says this to you, you are either ultra-cool, or more likely just gave your bellman a nice tip. ChuckSty is getting some 'Respek' at his table today, as he has been chipping nicely to 173k. "I'm getting respect, but they are sweating me, sweating me hard. Some guys are taking 5 minutes to fold." Hopefully his opponents continue to give ChukSty respek throughout the day. "From Pocket 5s....

"Negreanu MucksIn a three way pot, it's checked around after a flop of 4-T-A. The K on the turn entices Daniel Negreanu to fire out a bet of $8,000. The next player in line quickly pushed all-in for a total of $49,800. Player number three gets out of the way, putting the action back on Daniel. After getting the count and taking a few minutes to think things over Negreanu throws his hand in the muck"daniel-negreanu-4124.jpg

hey... is bkice still in??? i know he made it through day 1 but i havent seen his name on any of the pocketfive counts...
i see bk just logged in to UB, so i'm assuming he's out.he's also on AIM, so is kevlar.

Negreanu All-inThis hand began with a pre-flop raise from a player in middle position to $5,000. Victor Ramdin, next to act, made the call and put the action on Daniel Negreanu. Daniel wasted no time in moving all-in for a total of around $50,000. The player directly to Daniel's left, let's call him player one, went into the tank, struggling to make a decision. Negreanu was chatting away as usual, perhaps trying to distract his opponent but more likely just being his normal, talkative self. Anyhow, player one eventually mucked his hand, as did player number two and Victor Ramdin. Daniel turned over A-K as he raked in the pot.

:club: got up to 40k, had AJ, raised to 3500 button big stack calls, others fold, blinds 600/1200/200A, flop AJ9, i bet 6k, he calls, i have like 30 left, turn T, i check, he bets 11k, i shove, he calls with KQ. GOOD GAME WELL PLAYED GOOD LUCK ETC.................
Just got that from the pokerhaus.

Notable Chips at start of level 9**290 players remaining with average stack of 64K**Bill Chen OUTJon Friedberg 34KLeif Force 24KMimi Tran 20KDavid Singer 80K-db- 95KKatja Thater OUT Julian Gardner 40KTom McEvoy 40KSteve Paul Ambrose 170KJohn Pham 70KVictor Ramdin 45KElky 30KSpiro 130KKidPokerJD 21KMichael Mizrachi 65KDaniel Negreanu 90Kwattabackyard 48Ktigerti 20KDavid Williams 160KVanessa Rousso 22KMartin Wendt 100Kgobboboy 110K

I didn't see this thread, but I posted all of my key day 1 and 2 hands in the other thread.

is stephen paul ambrose that young kid who won this last year? (or maybe the year before, i dunno)
Yes he won last year, it especially helped when on the first hand he sucked out on Ozzy87s pocket aces