Is Homosexuality Really A Sin?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MELLO, BUFFALO. CHANDLER, BUFFALO. KENYON MARTIN, BUFFALO. JR SMITH, BUFFALO. PIGIONNI, HE'LL BUFFALO YOUR FUKEN COOKIES

I'm more of an Otter man myself, F.

Sheesh so much anger and so much lack of understanding of anything biblical. Doubting God has absolutely nothing to do with the first commandment. Again you have your answer and you are looking to make the bible fit it. Go read the story about Thomas...he showed doubt to Jesus himself. Go read about Peter sinking in the lake...he doubted as well. The first commandment meant to not worship "other Gods." Further it is referring to "worshipping" false idols which is extremely relevant. It says to not put money, women, and other stuff in front of God. That He should be the focus of ur decisions and life...REally not that difficult.Your poker comment is just plain wrong and feel free to look on the forum to see why this is the caseYou are just tryin to make excuses for why you dont want to believe. So far you are 0-3 on reasons to not believe..feel free to try more
You keep telling yourself that, sinner.You can define many different understandings of the bible, so if you want to cheat yourself to make yourself sound right, go ahead. Case and point - Organized religion is bullshit.
1st CommandmentThou Shalt Have no other gods before me.What the hell does that mean too you? This isn't what is in MY eyes. You MUST believe in Christianity and if you doubt that - you are breaking the first commandment, anyone can say someone is taking the wrong context in the bible, that interpretation bullshit. That is saying - "I am your god, therefore believe in me or you are sinning", so if you doubt the existence of god, you are SINNING.And by the way, if you play cards you are sinning too. Enjoy your stay in hell, sinner. :icon_dance:EDIT: I thought it was obvious when I said doubt means NOT believe in him. Apparently someone has been riding the short bus.
the 1st commandment was in the OLD TESTAMENT... Christianity didn't even exist for another 4000 years...but your posts are funny... keep posting.
You keep telling yourself that, sinner.You can define many different understandings of the bible, so if you want to cheat yourself to make yourself sound right, go ahead. Case and point - Organized religion is bullshit.
So lets get this straight...u obviously havent read the bible....you make unsupported claims and when i merely show what the bible actually says u flip out? Like i said earlier..u came in with preset answers...so it is worthless i guessfwiw..yes I and every other christian on this board is a sinner... as for the poker comment...agian feel free to look around for it on here...it was already discussed and shown that u are wrong..

As long as check 12 has been banned, this thread can be salvaged.

the 1st commandment was in the OLD TESTAMENT... Christianity didn't even exist for another 4000 years...but your posts are funny... keep posting.
Wait...Christians don't believe in the ten commandments?
Who knows anymore...
You haven't been paying attention.
Longer response:My post was how he was comparing the ten commandments to Christianity. That is a flawed comparison in his post because the ten commandments were Jewish law that Jesus fulfilled when he came to Earth. It doesn't mean that Christians 'don't believe' in the ten commandments, it just means that if a Christian breaks a 'commandment' it's no different than committing any other sin. Believing that Jesus came to Earth, died for your sin, and rose again is the only thing that will get you to heaven... it no longer has anything to do with coveting your neighbors wife and so forth...
Longer response:My post was how he was comparing the ten commandments to Christianity. That is a flawed comparison in his post because the ten commandments were Jewish law that Jesus fulfilled when he came to Earth. It doesn't mean that Christians 'don't believe' in the ten commandments, it just means that if a Christian breaks a 'commandment' it's no different than committing any other sin. Believing that Jesus came to Earth, died for your sin, and rose again is the only thing that will get you to heaven... it no longer has anything to do with coveting your neighbors wife and so forth...
See, this is where you lose me with the picking and choosing thing.So, if "Thou shalt not sleep with your brother's husband" was a commandment it wouldn't matter as long as you believe that Jesus died for homosexuals?
renaedawn said:
See, this is where you lose me with the picking and choosing thing.So, if "Thou shalt not sleep with your brother's husband" was a commandment it wouldn't matter as long as you believe that Jesus died for homosexuals?

It wouldn't matter at all is incorrect.  There are always consequences of sin.

It wouldn't matter in the scope of salvation though... unless it was something you were unwilling to give up or repent of.

Ok, I guess I get it now. It's hard to understand looking from the outside in. I've always thought of Jesus as a pretty good guy...but if he said that you can go ahead and break all the basic commandments (including thou shalt not kill) as long as you accept him as your savior, then he's starting to look more like a cult leader than anything else.I just want to be clear here, so let's look at two people.Person A: Rapes, murders, steals, etc for his whole life. After finally being caught at 50 he goes to prison and accepts JC as his savior and that he died for our sins, etc. Person B: Is a good person his whole life. Gives time and money to charity, raises a good family, yada yada yada. But although he thinks JC was a good guy, he does not believe that he was also the son of God or that he rose from the dead.So A goes to heaven and B does not.True or False? If true, then does that really seem right to you? Like a system an omnipotent being would create? If false, then what am I missing?I'm not trying to be a **** as much as trying to figure out how you're thinking.

Ok, I guess I get it now. It's hard to understand looking from the outside in. I've always thought of Jesus as a pretty good guy...but if he said that you can go ahead and break all the basic commandments (including thou shalt not kill) as long as you accept him as your savior, then he's starting to look more like a cult leader than anything else.I just want to be clear here, so let's look at two people.Person A: Rapes, murders, steals, etc for his whole life. After finally being caught at 50 he goes to prison and accepts JC as his savior and that he died for our sins, etc. Person B: Is a good person his whole life. Gives time and money to charity, raises a good family, yada yada yada. But although he thinks JC was a good guy, he does not believe that he was also the son of God or that he rose from the dead.So A goes to heaven and B does not.True or False? If true, then does that really seem right to you? Like a system an omnipotent being would create? If false, then what am I missing?I'm not trying to be a **** as much as trying to figure out how you're thinking.
falseIll let u think about whats wrong with person A