Is Homosexuality Really A Sin?

huh? I don't understand what you're saying. I don't care about the gay couples kid when he's 20... what are you talking about? Your kid won't even remember that a gay couple came to his/her class in 1st grade. But the gay couples kid will live with them until he moves out... it doesn't matter if he's impressionable at 6 or not.Matthew.
I am saying that it has it's effects. It's a snowball effect if you will. "Honey, well, he just has to daddys because that's just how they are. They love each other, and are just in a different type relationship then mommy and daddy.They are really good friends." She says."Like you and Jason?" I say,"Well, noo.. but kind of." She says,"Well, how come you and Jason don't hold hands?" Sheeesh. I have no desire to answer those questions. I'll be honest- I wish I never have to. I will, at some point, but the later the better. Also, if you think that kids don't remember what they saw in 1st Grade your mistaken. As far as the gay couples kid, really? You don't care? You should, or at least recognize it for what it is. Realize this- a certain part of society is being raised right now to think that homosexuality is perfectly fine in Gods eyes, and that is a lie, and one they may never be able to reconcile. Obviously, this isn't the only sin parents teach there children(before Canada loses his mind again), pretty much everything we learn is from our parents in some way,when it becomes to behaviors anyway. I think it's a grave mistake to think that we can have homosexuality glorified left and right by T.V., celebrity,music,etc.- and not have it slowly change societies perception. Sin is sin, we can all agree on that, but God didn't destroy cities because they lied, or used fowl language. I think it is shown in God's actions exactly how he feels. From one believer to another, look around you. Theres not much to redeem anymore. I mean, look around. It's evil out there, and it's getting worse every day. Your job, numero uno, is to find a way to avoid temptation and get to heaven. Job number 2? Deliver the message to those you love so they can join you. Seriously, this is how I see these issues. Yeah, Canada, so did David Koresh. I get it. The difference(actually, one of the many) is, I don't want to live in a compound- I would much rather enjoy my surroundings until the end. In order to do that, I have to reside in a society determined to glorify sin left and right. That's not easy. It's doable, but not easy. As much as you don't want to believe me, that's all I am trying to do here.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MELLO, BUFFALO. CHANDLER, BUFFALO. KENYON MARTIN, BUFFALO. JR SMITH, BUFFALO. PIGIONNI, HE'LL BUFFALO YOUR FUKEN COOKIES

I'm more of an Otter man myself, F.

I was actually talking about Religion at a formal dinner I had at a friends place before Christmas, and I pretty much summed up my point about Christianity in general like this, and which is why I find organized beliefs like Christianity, or Roman Catholic, christ ANY written religious text to be utter power grabbing and hogwash. I'm not sure if this is word for word but this is the jist."They say in the bible for example - you can not doubt god. That is the biggest rule, no matter what hardships befall you, the #1 rule is to NEVER EVER EVER doubt the existence of god... so let's just say for example. You have a guy who is born, decides to NOT believe in god. Never sins his whole life (for the most part because I know in that joke of a text "EVERYONE" is a sinner, eating crab cakes is a sin I think...) he is someone who never does the wrong thing - This person does what he believes is right, and does it for all good will towards man, this man could CURE CANCER, he could bring WORLD PEACE, he could wipe out AIDS and all pain and suffering. Guess what though? He DIDN'T believe in the existence of god... you know what that means? He burns for an eternity in hell."Wow, sounds like a pretty good deal. I find it funny how some of these priests, "men of god" commit sodomy on little alter boys, then go to confessional and what, it wipes the slate clean?Religion bugs me so god damn much I don't even like to talk about it most times.

I was actually talking about Religion at a formal dinner I had at a friends place before Christmas, and I pretty much summed up my point about Christianity in general like this, and which is why I find organized beliefs like Christianity, or Roman Catholic, christ ANY written religious text to be utter power grabbing and hogwash. I'm not sure if this is word for word but this is the jist."They say in the bible for example - you can not doubt god. That is the biggest rule, no matter what hardships befall you, the #1 rule is to NEVER EVER EVER doubt the existence of god... so let's just say for example. You have a guy who is born, decides to NOT believe in god. Never sins his whole life (for the most part because I know in that joke of a text "EVERYONE" is a sinner, eating crab cakes is a sin I think...) he is someone who never does the wrong thing - This person does what he believes is right, and does it for all good will towards man, this man could CURE CANCER, he could bring WORLD PEACE, he could wipe out AIDS and all pain and suffering. Guess what though? He DIDN'T believe in the existence of god... you know what that means? He burns for an eternity in hell."Wow, sounds like a pretty good deal. I find it funny how some of these priests, "men of god" commit sodomy on little alter boys, then go to confessional and what, it wipes the slate clean?Religion bugs me so god damn much I don't even like to talk about it most times.
Men of God who commit sodomy on little boys are not men of God. I could claim I am left handed all I want, but the continued use of my right hand would give it away, wouldn't it? The things you speak of, they will be going to hell for them. People who defend them, follow them anyway? Risk the same fate as well. I completely understand your p.o.v. on religion and I in no way will try and defend religion- I believe that the advancement of various factions of religion is satans greatest triumph.
Come one. Really? "There's nothing naturally or psychologically deviant about being black..." Is this really the context that people think about homosexuality? "Poopchasing cannot propogate our species"? Really?
The context was in the question of whether it should be "taught". I think another discussion that would be a good one is how a secular society should relate to homosexuals, especially if the society had rigid social/moral codes (communism/facism/some sort of pseudo-utopian system like you read in books). Given a premise that homosexuality is genetic...how should it be scientifically regarded? As left-handed? As a "mistake"? As a mutation? Or, can we not know this until we better understand the process?
The context was in the question of whether it should be "taught". I think another discussion that would be a good one is how a secular society should relate to homosexuals, especially if the society had rigid social/moral codes (communism/facism/some sort of pseudo-utopian system like you read in books). Given a premise that homosexuality is genetic...how should it be scientifically regarded? As left-handed? As a "mistake"? As a mutation? Or, can we not know this until we better understand the process?
That's a road even I didn't want to go down. I would answer it this way- if I was homosexual I couldn't accept any of those possibilities.
Lol
I will explain it for you. When mass religion, overall, publicily is forced to deal with isssues that show it's hypocrisy, and really you can point to a number of issues and see what I am saying. The people see these things- the hypocrisy,molestations,misappropriaion of money,good old sex scandals,the propensity to teach whatever brings the money in- people see this and no longer believe in God. How is that not Satans greatest triumph?
My answer to that is this. Name another religion off of the top of your head that is written by different people over the course of hundreds of years and the underlying message, the doctrine still stays intact. Good luck with that one.
I can't. And, to me, it's not the point. I would say the same thing to a Jew or a Muslim that I'm saying to you. Remember who your author is and what might have motivated that author. I think this is the point where we come to the big roadblock that inevitibly pops up because you are a believer and I am not. Going further down this path requires me to advocate some other religion over yours and I can't do that.
Sin is sin, we can all agree on that, but God didn't destroy cities because they lied, or used fowl language. I think it is shown in God's actions exactly how he feels.
Cluck, cluck?
if it helps any..u probably feel the way u feel not b/c of what the bible says but what u perceive it to say. For starters your first line of your rant is wrong. Where has anybody ever said u cant doubt God? I dont think I can count the number of times ive doubted God when a situation has come up. I am sure that every christian on this board has doubted God at one point or another in their life. But it is when you do have those doubts that a christian would then tell you that you need to have faith that God knows what hes doing. So ur entire rant falls apart b/c our "number 1" rule in ur eyes is just a figment of ur imagination.
I can't. And, to me, it's not the point. I would say the same thing to a Jew or a Muslim that I'm saying to you. Remember who your author is and what might have motivated that author. I think this is the point where we come to the big roadblock that inevitibly pops up because you are a believer and I am not. Going further down this path requires me to advocate some other religion over yours and I can't do that.
It is your point- that was the original point. Now I have no idea exactly what you are trying to say. You said the bible couldn't be true because it was written by men over hundreds of years, many of whom didn't neccesarily experience things firsthand. I say, fine, but all of these guys, many who didn't know each other, wrote about the same doctrine- there are no doctrinal discrepancies. You say, that's not the point. I don't get it. 2nd point- what motivated the authors? Either God or a need to buck the system, and teach things that hardly anybody would buy into. This religion definitely doesn't win any popularity contests when it's practiced correctly. The bible is strict and at times downright harsh. So, if not god, what was there motivation? A need to be hated? I don't get that line of thinking. By the way, I have also enjoyed you posting, I hope you stick around awhile. Just don't engage in fowl language. It's a sin, you know.
if it helps any..u probably feel the way u feel not b/c of what the bible says but what u perceive it to say. For starters your first line of your rant is wrong. Where has anybody ever said u cant doubt God? I dont think I can count the number of times ive doubted God when a situation has come up. I am sure that every christian on this board has doubted God at one point or another in their life. But it is when you do have those doubts that a christian would then tell you that you need to have faith that God knows what hes doing. So ur entire rant falls apart b/c our "number 1" rule in ur eyes is just a figment of ur imagination.
1st CommandmentThou Shalt Have no other gods before me.What the hell does that mean too you? This isn't what is in MY eyes. You MUST believe in Christianity and if you doubt that - you are breaking the first commandment, anyone can say someone is taking the wrong context in the bible, that interpretation bullshit. That is saying - "I am your god, therefore believe in me or you are sinning", so if you doubt the existence of god, you are SINNING.And by the way, if you play cards you are sinning too. Enjoy your stay in hell, sinner. :icon_dance:EDIT: I thought it was obvious when I said doubt means NOT believe in him. Apparently someone has been riding the short bus.
1st CommandmentThou Shalt Have no other gods before me.What the hell does that mean too you? This isn't what is in MY eyes. You MUST believe in Christianity and if you doubt that - you are breaking the first commandment, anyone can say someone is taking the wrong context in the bible, that interpretation bullshit. That is saying - "I am your god, therefore believe in me or you are sinning", so if you doubt the existence of god, you are SINNING.And by the way, if you play cards you are sinning too. Enjoy your stay in hell, sinner. :icon_dance:EDIT: I thought it was obvious when I said doubt means NOT believe in him. Apparently someone has been riding the short bus.
Sheesh so much anger and so much lack of understanding of anything biblical. Doubting God has absolutely nothing to do with the first commandment. Again you have your answer and you are looking to make the bible fit it. Go read the story about Thomas...he showed doubt to Jesus himself. Go read about Peter sinking in the lake...he doubted as well. The first commandment meant to not worship "other Gods." Further it is referring to "worshipping" false idols which is extremely relevant. It says to not put money, women, and other stuff in front of God. That He should be the focus of ur decisions and life...REally not that difficult.Your poker comment is just plain wrong and feel free to look on the forum to see why this is the caseYou are just tryin to make excuses for why you dont want to believe. So far you are 0-3 on reasons to not believe..feel free to try more