Bonomo Talking About Daniel

"Negreanu was to my right, and I had the good fortune of reading his blog a couple nights ago when he outlined the style he would be playing in some detail. Apparently he is going away from his aggressive style that he played in 2005, and is going back to a more passive style of play focusing on postflop play that he used in 2004. He was rarely bluffing, and almost never reraising preflop. Knowing this, and sitting to his left, made him extremely easy to play against.I didn’t get a chance to play many pots against him. Actually, I reraised him preflop with nines, and he folded AQo (he didn’t show his cards, but my friend Steve Sung in the 10 seat saw his cards as he folded), and I think that was the only pot we really played together at the final table"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Negreanu was to my right, and I had the good fortune of reading his blog a couple nights ago when he outlined the style he would be playing in some detail. Apparently he is going away from his aggressive style that he played in 2005, and is going back to a more passive style of play focusing on postflop play that he used in 2004. He was rarely bluffing, and almost never reraising preflop. Knowing this, and sitting to his left, made him extremely easy to play against.I didn’t get a chance to play many pots against him. Actually, I reraised him preflop with nines, and he folded AQo (he didn’t show his cards, but my friend Steve Sung in the 10 seat saw his cards as he folded), and I think that was the only pot we really played together at the final table"
Ill have to see that one on TV to believe it. He doesnt say how much he raised, but i cannot believe that he folded unless it committed him to the pot.

How can this kid take himself seriously? Dont get me wrong, he had a great series of events, but a little humility could go a long way. His best line was when he says, "The blinds were getting so big, that most of the play was straightforward sit-n-go style play. Fortunately this is my specialty." Was he cheating at the final table? So does that mean that he and Sung were colluding and giving each other theirs (and evidently negreanus) card information.

Ill have to see that one on TV to believe it. He doesnt say how much he raised, but i cannot believe that he folded unless it committed him to the pot.
same here

I think it would be better for him to lay low a bit, even when he's successful. It won't help him with endorsement deals and his genereal credibility if some well known pros got pissed off enough at him to discuss his cheating publicly.

I think it would be better for him to lay low a bit, even when he's successful. It won't help him with endorsement deals and his genereal credibility if some well known pros got pissed off enough at him to discuss his cheating publicly.
no credible poker site would touch him....he has semi admitted cheating by knowingly going against the rules !!he is trying this charity thing to try to get himself back into the "good books" of the poker community!sorry won't work!
anyone else get reservations when he talks about his friend Steve sung, wonder how many chip passers this slease ball has, over under and is it more then men?

Seriosly what a weirdo, for one thing giving to SENS is not like giving to a charity. They're a bunch of weird scientists and zeejustin is just as weird. Look up in his blog where he talks about reading the book about sens, he really thinks he's going to live forever. He should be giving more like 75% of his winnings to a real charity to atone for what he did, not an easily deductible measely 5% to a bunch of psychos. Oh, and the classic quote to open up his blog- "For those of you that have been living under a rock, I just turned twenty one on the last day of September." Yep, the whole world is tuned in to watch you play poker.

Granted there is a fine line between being confident and being cocky we just spent days leading into the final table hearing DN in blogs, on the circut and event interviews how much he was going to crush tourneys for the coming year. As he stated you have to be confident to succeed at the highest levels of anything. I really don't have a problem with that coming from Justin. Personally I likely would've been more humble but, how jacked would you be after putting in a performace that he just did? As for the comments about his cheating and the laughable remarks about sit' n go's being his specialty. Correct me if I'm wrong here but he never sat at the same sng as more than one account? I know that stars software has never allowed that but am unsure of party's. My understanding of the whole thing was that he used multiple accounts to play sng's because he felt his persona as zeejustin had become to well known and that he did multi account some mtt's on both sites. If we are going to continue to chastize this kid for this entire ordeal should we not try to be accurate about it at least? As for his comments regarding DN again I don't get whats so offensive about it after reading DN's blog he came up with a strat to play against it who's to say it would've worked or DN wouldn't have adjusted with his own counter strat. That is after all a big part of poker. You really know that people are just searching to have a problem with him when they begin to critique him for donating money to charity. I for one think this kid has huge talent and will make a big impact this year and wish him nothing but good luck as I would to any of you.

Granted there is a fine line between being confident and being cocky we just spent days leading into the final table hearing DN in blogs, on the circut and event interviews how much he was going to crush tourneys for the coming year. As he stated you have to be confident to succeed at the highest levels of anything. I really don't have a problem with that coming from Justin. Personally I likely would've been more humble but, how jacked would you be after putting in a performace that he just did? As for the comments about his cheating and the laughable remarks about sit' n go's being his specialty. Correct me if I'm wrong here but he never sat at the same sng as more than one account? I know that stars software has never allowed that but am unsure of party's. My understanding of the whole thing was that he used multiple accounts to play sng's because he felt his persona as zeejustin had become to well known and that he did multi account some mtt's on both sites. If we are going to continue to chastize this kid for this entire ordeal should we not try to be accurate about it at least? As for his comments regarding DN again I don't get whats so offensive about it after reading DN's blog he came up with a strat to play against it who's to say it would've worked or DN wouldn't have adjusted with his own counter strat. That is after all a big part of poker. You really know that people are just searching to have a problem with him when they begin to critique him for donating money to charity. I for one think this kid has huge talent and will make a big impact this year and wish him nothing but good luck as I would to any of you.
I agree with your post. Everyone is acting like they have never done anything wrong. This kid registered in the big tourneys with different accounts but never got two of his accounts playing at the same table (the proof is Lee let him keep all his winnings while partyPoker took everything). Other pros (the grinder) have admitted to it too but nothing has happened to them because they did not get caught.Give the guy some credit, he is a great player and is giving money to something he believes in...better than spending it on Hoes and Blows.
Kenny do u mind posting your real name? If you were at the final table...I would like to go back and see some of your hands played out...didnt know u made it.
I agree with your post. Everyone is acting like they have never done anything wrong. This kid registered in the big tourneys with different accounts but never got two of his accounts playing at the same table (the proof is Lee let him keep all his winnings while partyPoker took everything). Other pros (the grinder) have admitted to it too but nothing has happened to them because they did not get caught.Give the guy some credit, he is a great player and is giving money to something he believes in...better than spending it on Hoes and Blows.
That's debatable
Kenny do u mind posting your real name? If you were at the final table...I would like to go back and see some of your hands played out...didnt know u made it.
He is quoting from Bonomo's blog.