D N Cruising Thru Day One

PokerPages.com has a little more detailed coverage, but little about Daniel. Today's coverage is at:http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php?optio...iew&id=1887Although he's down to $35k in chips, I thought that this was funny:Saturday, 16th of December 2006 12:31 PM"I also immediately noticed Negreanu & Minh Ly were seated at the same table. I didn't see it, rather, I heard Daniel's Minh immitation when the cards were dealt for the first time. There's an outside chance I might hear the impression about four hundred more times..."g2_103_DSCF8764.JPG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate Mizrachi. I dont like the way he looks, the way he acts, i hate his nick name, but I wish I had the money he had.
I lost a pretty big pot to Mizrachi in the 2006 ME, after winning a few pots from him. I sat two seats to his left at the first table, and by luck of the draw I managed to be at his second table.At first, I thought he was just an aggro. But he's actually very observant of what is going on at the table at all times. He has a pretty good idea if you hit the flop or not, and he can put you on a hand quite well.He's a very nice person if you get to talk with him, and he asked me straight up: "you never bluff, do you?" I think he was trying to teach me to be a little more aggressive.All that being said, I hope Negreanu wins this tourney (he's my favorite player).

Sat Dec 16 17:56:00 PST 2006Tonight's Episode of The CircuitTonight's episode of the circuit will feature guest Cliff "Johnny Bax" Josephy and special guest co-host Daniel Negreanu. Send questions or general comments to thecircuit@cardplayer.com or call the donk line at 1-877-675-1306.

Sat Dec 16 17:56:00 PST 2006Tonight's Episode of The CircuitTonight's episode of the circuit will feature guest Cliff "Johnny Bax" Josephy and special guest co-host Daniel Negreanu. Send questions or general comments to thecircuit@cardplayer.com or call the donk line at 1-877-675-1306.
God dammit. I'd sworn I'd never listen to it again after the last one.They get one more shot, but only because of Bax & DN.
God dammit. I'd sworn I'd never listen to it again after the last one.They get one more shot, but only because of Bax & DN.
Go listen to the Doyle ep, it's actually good.Not Scott Joe and Gavin good, but good nevertheless.

I recall the last time DN got critized by playing aces the same way...hmm.Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpKevin O'Donnell raises to $6,000 from middle position and Daniel Negreanu calls from the button. The flop comes 9heart6diamond4heart and O'Donnell bets $12,000. Negreanu raises ro $28,000 and O'Donnell moves all in. Negreanu calls all in for his last $74,100. O'Donnell turns over AdiamondQclub but Daniel Negreanu shows AclubAspade. The turn comes 2club and the river is the 5diamond. Negreanu wins the pot to double up to $230,000. O'Donnell is left with only $10,000 chips.

I recall the last time DN got critized by playing aces the same way...hmm.Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpKevin O'Donnell raises to $6,000 from middle position and Daniel Negreanu calls from the button. The flop comes 9heart6diamond4heart and O'Donnell bets $12,000. Negreanu raises ro $28,000 and O'Donnell moves all in. Negreanu calls all in for his last $74,100. O'Donnell turns over AdiamondQclub but Daniel Negreanu shows AclubAspade. The turn comes 2club and the river is the 5diamond. Negreanu wins the pot to double up to $230,000. O'Donnell is left with only $10,000 chips.
proof that poker is position, position, position
WTF is O'Donnell doing?
cardplayer.com has him finishing the day at 230k.
nah, they haven't updated the chip counts since a bit before the end of the day. I'm sure he's around that, but the last chip update they did on him is right after he doubled up and that was the 230K.
pokerwire has him at 65,000
Not up to date:Updated Chip CountsNo Limit Hold 'em Main Event2006-12-16 22:57:38 EDT51 Daniel Negreanu 65,000Daniel Negreanu doubles through Kevin O'DonnellNo Limit Hold 'em Main EventDec 16, 2006 / 23:22:35 EDT"...and Negreanu took the pot, doubling his stack to 230k. After the hand O'Donnell was left with 10k in chips."
nah, they haven't updated the chip counts since a bit before the end of the day. I'm sure he's around that, but the last chip update they did on him is right after he doubled up and that was the 230K.
still the same 12 hours later...must be the updated number.