Daniel Dropping Out Of High School 1 Credit Short?

Man this thread is huge, DN added his insight to his decisions and it should have been left at that. Why Perfect Poker is causing a long stretched argument which is insulting is beyond me. Cheers 4 the ideology behind the paths you chose bud, ignore this otha dude
For the non-collegiate...Main Entry: ide·ol·o·gyPronunciation: "Id-E-'äl-&-jE, "id-Variant: also ide·al·o·gy /-'äl-&-jE, -'al-/ Function: nounInflected Form: plural -gies1 : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture 2 : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture —ideo·log·i·cal also idea·log·i·cal /"Id-E-&-'läj-i-k&l/ adjective —ideo·log·i·cal·ly /-i-k(&-)lE/ adverb I keed, I keed...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here is my dimes worth, would say two cents but others already did and I totally don't want to be a lacky.... Ha!Daniel: to me, sounds extremely intelligent both in the book smarts way as well as the commen sense way - which is the best way to get your intelligence, a little of both. Plus, I gotta say it, he is adorable and sweet as Hell! Jennifer Harman: I don't personally know and I doubt that PerfectPoker does either, so I can't understand why he thinks it ok to say she is or is not a genius. But I don't think she would have gotten as far as she has if she didn't at least have some smarts about her.PerfectPoker: Is a blowhard that likes to toot his own horn, alot! I mean he really comes off as being pretty snotty about how much money he has and where he lives, etc. Plus, I was thinking when this thread started he was saying how much his kids and their friends look up to Daniel but then later says they don't?? Just a little confused by that. I definitely don't think Daniel is gay, but I wouldn't necessarily go by the fact that he is religious and married to say he isn't, where is the intelligence in that? (Can anyone say, "Catholic Priests"?) And even if he was, who gives a ****? What does that have to do with being intelligent (in any way) or being able to play poker well? As for his Cornell education, I would be willing to bet that my brother could give him a good run for his money and he didn't even graduate High School. I think there are so many ways to learn, that one doesn't HAVE to go all the way through high school or college to be intelligent, but I do agree that in todays society especially, it is much better to at least graduate HS and then if one has the means, go on to college. Good Will Hunting: One of THE best movies of all time!! So many good quotes!! And to PerfectPoker.... Just because you went to Cornell, are rich, and live in Jersey, you are not better than everyone else, as a matter of fact your attitude towards everyone proves that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what their education level, as a matter of fact, children have pretty strong opinions before they even have educations. They are "personal opinions", even though the saying goes "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and most of them are sh***y", I don't think there are really any good or bad ones, just some you agree with and some you don't. And, if you are SSSOOO smart then you should have seen from the beginning that Daniel wasn't taking offense at the fact that you didn't agree with his opinions, he was taking offense at the fact that you were trying to say he was not intelligent enough to give it, and that you say people who don't get a HS diploma or college degree are less intelligent than those that do. Also, you call us lackies simply because we are agreeing with Daniel? How does that work anyway? It isn't like we get special points in order to agree with him, I can't speak for everyone else but I am not going to just agree with Daniel because he is "Daniel", I totally respect him too much to do that. BTW, I got my GED after having to drop out of school in the 7th grade, am 34 years old, have 5 kids, have been married almost 16 years now and I am currently taking college courses. Any derogatory, demeaning, or rude remarks you would care to make about any of that?? Love ya Daniel!!! SUPER DUPER GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! Peace out!

ok, here is my dimes worth, would say two cents but others already did and I totally don't want to be a lacky.... Ha!Daniel: to me, sounds extremely intelligent both in the book smarts way as well as the commen sense way - which is the best way to get your intelligence, a little of both. Plus, I gotta say it, he is adorable and sweet as Hell! Jennifer Harman: I don't personally know and I doubt that PerfectPoker does either, so I can't understand why he thinks it ok to say she is or is not a genius. But I don't think she would have gotten as far as she has if she didn't at least have some smarts about her.PerfectPoker: Is a blowhard that likes to toot his own horn, alot! I mean he really comes off as being pretty snotty about how much money he has and where he lives, etc. Plus, I was thinking when this thread started he was saying how much his kids and their friends look up to Daniel but then later says they don't?? Just a little confused by that. I definitely don't think Daniel is gay, but I wouldn't necessarily go by the fact that he is religious and married to say he isn't, where is the intelligence in that? (Can anyone say, "Catholic Priests"?) And even if he was, who gives a ****? What does that have to do with being intelligent (in any way) or being able to play poker well? As for his Cornell education, I would be willing to bet that my brother could give him a good run for his money and he didn't even graduate High School. I think there are so many ways to learn, that one doesn't HAVE to go all the way through high school or college to be intelligent, but I do agree that in todays society especially, it is much better to at least graduate HS and then if one has the means, go on to college. Good Will Hunting: One of THE best movies of all time!! So many good quotes!! And to PerfectPoker.... Just because you went to Cornell, are rich, and live in Jersey, you are not better than everyone else, as a matter of fact your attitude towards everyone proves that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what their education level, as a matter of fact, children have pretty strong opinions before they even have educations. They are "personal opinions", even though the saying goes "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and most of them are sh***y", I don't think there are really any good or bad ones, just some you agree with and some you don't. And, if you are SSSOOO smart then you should have seen from the beginning that Daniel wasn't taking offense at the fact that you didn't agree with his opinions, he was taking offense at the fact that you were trying to say he was not intelligent enough to give it, and that you say people who don't get a HS diploma or college degree are less intelligent than those that do. Also, you call us lackies simply because we are agreeing with Daniel? How does that work anyway? It isn't like we get special points in order to agree with him, I can't speak for everyone else but I am not going to just agree with Daniel because he is "Daniel", I totally respect him too much to do that. BTW, I got my GED after having to drop out of school in the 7th grade, am 34 years old, have 5 kids, have been married almost 16 years now and I am currently taking college courses. Any derogatory, demeaning, or rude remarks you would care to make about any of that?? Love ya Daniel!!! SUPER DUPER GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! Peace out!
You had me at Super Duper. You lost me at Peace out.I pretty much agree with the rest.

Wow this thread cracks me up. Regarding Jen Harman, pretty sure that this supposed "non genius" had a very respectable college GPA and went on to earn a Degree in Biology. Hardly a ditz. She is ALWAYS hangin right in there in the big game marathon sessions along with the best in the world. And while I don't claim to know her any better than my mailman, everytime I've run across her at Bellagio she is always quick with an easy smile and a genuine hello. (or maybe it's just my FCP hat I'm usually wearing? lol). How anyone can insult her, her smarts or her play is beyond ignorant. And Daniel owes no one an explanation. His life and his professional record speak for themselves. You haters are just jealous. Period.

who the fuck cares !intelligence is one thing but being able to use it is another !
There are so many people I know that have a college degree in college and are essentially useless. Also one thing I never understood is if you are going to go and do something. I could see if you are just dropping out to hangout and get drunk. It isn't like school is going to be there later.Same thing with college sports, people always say they should wait until they finish their degree before they go pro so they have something to fall back on... what about falling back on that 4 million dollar signing bonus.People need to start thinking and not just blindly following what your parents told you.
"No good parent would let their son quit high school?" Wrong again dude, seriously wrong.
I happen to think Walter Gretzky is a pretty decent man.No. 99 never graduated high school...of course, he never ended up doing anything (sw)
I'm a high school drop out as well.I went in to work this morning, made a few calls, sent some emails and gave some directives to my staff (all of whom have college degrees).I then left around noon... Why?Cause I'm the muthafukin boss beeyotch!!!
How did you get there?
Totally different, video games are responsible for teen crimes.
Do you have any proof of that Balloon? My mom works for Lucas Arts and there has been no evidence that violent video games effect kids. Another point is, the two people who killed those people in Washington DC with the sniper rilfes, played chess everyday. Does chess make them kills?
Do you have any proof of that Balloon? My mom works for Lucas Arts and there has been no evidence that violent video games effect kids. Another point is, the two people who killed those people in Washington DC with the sniper rilfes, played chess everyday. Does chess make them kills?
Yeah I agree with you there, if video games effect kids then how do you explain the ones who don't play them and are violent, or the ones that play every day that aren't violent?? Kids have true imaginations so they will come up with stuff even if they don't see it done first. I hate when people say that violent video games turn kids violent, you have to already have issues in your life for you to do crazy things I really don't think a kid is gonna play a game and be like "alright, I just blew those people away, I think I'll do that in real life it was so cool!" That's just silly, and if you believe that theory here's another for you... the Beatles were satanists that made Charlie Manson go loonie and kill lots of people!!!

I mostly agree with DN, but I think it's a mistake for any parent to let their kid drop out of high school no matter how ambitious the child is. It's always good to have that diploma to make things easier in case you decide to go to college. Plus, DN was illegally hustling. DN, do you honestly believe parents should respect that, because you were ambitious? I'm not saying that parents who allow this don't care about their children, but I do think it's a mistake.

How did you get there?
In my car :club: I got there by working late nights and learning everything I could about my business. When others were done working at 5, I'd take work home and study. They may have known more general things through college, but I began to know more about my specific company and our relationships to our funding sources, giving me an advantage.Now I don't have to work as many late nights, but still do put in a few here and there.If I had it to do over again, with the knowledge I have now, I'd take a different route and finish school. While I did surpass those that merely went to college and then just put in their 8 hours at work, there's still a ceiling on what I can do in my company. Had I finished high school, got a degree, then I'd have a shot at CIO, COO or even CEO. As it stands now, I don't think those are realistic options for me.Daniel took a gamle, people do it all the time. I have a 12 yr old son and I'd love for him to finish school, but I will also support his decisions, should they differ from that. As long as he works hard to achieve his goals, he should be successful.

What it comes down to, is that everyone has a different definition of success.To some, success is having lots of time to spend time with friends and loved ones doing fun things without worrying about money.To others, success if viewed from a purely monetary standpoint.Basically - do we live to work, or work to live?I truthfully do not understand people with a family back at home who travel 25 days out of a month. I don't understand people that have no social life or family, but have achieved great monetary success through working 80-100 hour weeks.But if that is what makes them happy, good for them.In my mind, people that come to an internet message board to tell others how to live their lives are pretty sad. Furthermore, you have no idea what makes them happy, so who are you to tell them what is right and wrong.Perfect example - Leif Force. Lived in the jungle naked for the better part of his childhood. Its not what most people would look at and say, "man that family is successful as hell - they are raising their kid perfectly". But if they were happy, who gives a ****. He said during the WSOP that he is still living his life from one day to the next, having a lot of fun in the process. I would guess that someone like Leif probably cringes at the idea of having a corner office and working 80 hours a week to make millions.To sum up: Go out and live every day to the fullest. Take chances. Don't worry about straying from the status quo, because you are the only one that can decide what makes you happy in life. I have a hell of a lot of respect for people who can look at their life and decide to go against the grain of society

To others, success if viewed from a purely monetary standpoint.I truthfully do not understand people with a family back at home who travel 25 days out of a month. I don't understand people that have no social life or family, but have achieved great monetary success through working 80-100 hour weeks.But if that is what makes them happy, good for them.
so, you're broke, huh?
In my mind, people that come to an internet message board to tell others how to live their lives are pretty sad. Furthermore, you have no idea what makes them happy, so who are you to tell them what is right and wrong...........To sum up: Go out and live every day to the fullest. Take chances. Don't worry about straying from the status quo, because you are the only one that can decide what makes you happy in life.
So now you're telling me what to do?**********Man, nothing worse than a broke hypocrite.
In my car :club: I got there by working late nights and learning everything I could about my business. When others were done working at 5, I'd take work home and study. They may have known more general things through college, but I began to know more about my specific company and our relationships to our funding sources, giving me an advantage.Now I don't have to work as many late nights, but still do put in a few here and there.If I had it to do over again, with the knowledge I have now, I'd take a different route and finish school. While I did surpass those that merely went to college and then just put in their 8 hours at work, there's still a ceiling on what I can do in my company. Had I finished high school, got a degree, then I'd have a shot at CIO, COO or even CEO. As it stands now, I don't think those are realistic options for me.Daniel took a gamle, people do it all the time. I have a 12 yr old son and I'd love for him to finish school, but I will also support his decisions, should they differ from that. As long as he works hard to achieve his goals, he should be successful.
Good for you. Shows that you can study hard outside of school but that hard work is still required to achieve success.
Good for you. Shows that you can study hard outside of school but that hard work is still required to achieve success.