Nfl Mvp Talk

LTBrees is having a nice year, and he is the catalyst for the turn around in NO, but what LT is doing week in and week out is incredible. I don't even think it's close.
I'm not saying Brees should win (and I've stated that I'm a Brees fan), but I think it's close. I think LT will do the last 3 weeks what he's done all year, but if Brees plays those 3 anywhere close to like he did last night, he'll close the gap. To close the gap and win, I think LT will have to have 5 fumbles, 0 TDs, and negitive yards to finish the season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Unrelated to the MVP, but I thought I would share.Brees (4033 yards) is 1051 yards from Marino's single season passing record of 5084 yards. He will need to average just over 350 yards/game over the last 3 to break it. To this point, he's averaged just over 310 yds/game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Unrelated to the MVP, but I thought I would share.Brees (4033 yards) is 1051 yards from Marino's single season passing record of 5084 yards. He will need to average just over 350 yards/game over the last 3 to break it. To this point, he's averaged just over 310 yds/game.
"just" 350 yards per game?brees for mvp, LT for offensive player of the year.how much brees has meant to the team and to the city can't be overlooked, and probably won't be. LT is by far the best player in the game today, but i don't know where in hell the saints would be without brees.
"just" 350 yards per game?brees for mvp, LT for offensive player of the year.how much brees has meant to the team and to the city can't be overlooked, and probably won't be. LT is by far the best player in the game today, but i don't know where in hell the saints would be without brees.
Same could be said about LT, he is having this season while carrying a rookie QB. Lets not forget who lost Brees in the offseason.

LT....AINECLT struggled the first few games this season and still broke the TD record WITH 3 GAMES LEFT TO GOwhen Priest and Alexander did it, didnt they do it on like the last game?Brees has a chance to break Marino's record....yes. but LT has a chance to DESTROY what is now his recordLT 4 MVP

Easily LT... but Brees will just as easily be the 1st string starter at the Pro Bowl.

LT is by far the best player in the game today EVER, and it's not really that close.
FYP.Jim Brown is a distant 2nd. Barry Sanders 3rd, Walter Payton 4th.

I think I would take Brees for MVP because without him they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are. Reggie Bush and Colston has been a key to his success but they had 3 wins last year. He has turned this team around and into a great team. LT is my offensive POY because he has put up amazing numbers but I think he hasn't had as much of an effect on the team as Brees has.

No, "just over" 350 yards per game?Read it again, please.
my mistake.LT is on my fantasy team, so obviously i am completely behind him and know he is the best player in the nfl, but i just have to say brees just because of what he's brought to a team that was supposed to be a bottom dweller in the nfc. take LT out of san diego, and brees out of new orleans, and i think the saints are in much, much worse shape.

From Peter King's MMQB on si.com:MVP Watch1. Drew Brees, QB, Saints. The 2005 Saints were 31st in the NFL in scoring. The 2006 Saints are second. The 2005 Saints were 20th in total offense. The 2006 Saints are first. The 2005 Saints practiced in three different sites in San Antonio, one a parking lot. The 2006 Saints are back home with a quarterback who could win playing in a parking lot. With the victory at Dallas, New Orleans is a stunning 9-4, in control of the NFC South, and with a quarterback in a formerly hapless offense on pace for a 4,964-yard passing season.2. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, San Diego. Tomlinson could score 40 touchdowns this year, and to me, the MVP race would still be Brees' to lose. Nothing against this fantastic football player, believe me.3. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. He can't play run defense.4. Jason Taylor, DE, Miami. "Jason Taylor, I don't know what more I can say about him,'' Nick Saban said over the phone after another tour de force performance by Taylor. "He makes great plays every game.'' I watched 70 percent of this game, and I'll bet Matt Light will be having some very bad dreams about Taylor for a few nights.5. Larry Johnson, RB, Kansas City. There's something to be said for leading the league in rushing in a year in which it looks like five guys can rush for 1,800.

1. Drew Brees, QB, Saints. The 2005 Saints were 31st in the NFL in scoring. The 2006 Saints are second. The 2005 Saints were 20th in total offense. The 2006 Saints are first. The 2005 Saints practiced in three different sites in San Antonio, one a parking lot. The 2006 Saints are back home with a quarterback who could win playing in a parking lot.
His argument for Brees is how much of a turnaround the Saints have made this year with Brees at QB, but then he mentions the 2005 Saints practiced in three different sites in San Antonio while the 2006 Saints are back at home. Shouldn't we attribute part of the turnaround to the fact that 2005 was the year from hell for a professional sports team? And you have to give some credit to the new coach and the impact rookies. It's not all Brees.Having said that, I wouldn't mind if he won. I'd vote for LDT though.

I saw Peter King is on the current "Inside the NFL" on HBO blowing Brees a little more about how he should win the MVP. I didn't watch his whole speech, but it seems that he is Brees' compaign manager.

I think it's LT. Brees is having one heck of a year though. I think the city of New Orleans could be the reason behind the outstanding numbers (having bush, deuce, horn and will smith doesn't hurt). That city is living and breathing the Saints this year. I believe voters could be swayed because of the heartache in that region. Another darkhorse, Carson Palmer. With 3 games left the Bengals are looking like the Steelers last year(without the defense). If Carson can lead the Bengals to the AFC finals, he's got a shot.

If LT doesn't get MVP this year I don't think he ever will, he's been jipped out of the probowl before with what 1600+ total yards or something (not for sure don't quote me) and he's been underrated in the NFL every year he's been here. He is simply the "Most Valuable Player" as the award states because with out him the chargers wouldn't be winning. As much as a lot of people like to say you could plug turner in there and he'd do just as good you can't, because turner doesn't have the catching skills, the blocking skills, the moves, even the arm of LT. Someone said Drew for MVP and LT for offensive POTY, swap that around and you'd be exactly right. Plug any decent QB into the NO system this year and I think they would have had major success, maybe not as much as Drew has had, but like I said you couldn't plug just any back into the Chargers backfield.

Easily LT... but Brees will just as easily be the 1st string starter at the Pro Bowl.FYP.Jim Brown is a distant 2nd. Barry Sanders 3rd, Walter Payton 4th.
Charger fan? 'Cause that's nuts.MVP is LT, but I don't think you can 'plug any decent QB in the NO' system. This is the same system Payton ran with Dallas last year, and no one was talking about Drew Bledsoe.It's LT because SD wins because of him.
Charger fan? 'Cause that's nuts.MVP is LT, but I don't think you can 'plug any decent QB in the NO' system. This is the same system Payton ran with Dallas last year, and no one was talking about Drew Bledsoe.It's LT because SD wins because of him.
But could SD win without him? I'm not saying the backup Turner could do as well but with their linemen and Neal at FB I think others could have similar success. I think of their team as a team like Denver, in that many people could run in their system. IN no way am I saying that Tomlinson isn't amazing, but I think that if the Saints did not have Brees they would be near to, or under .500.
Philip Rivers is not a rookie QB. He is a first year starting QB. Was drafted in 2004
So your saying he is an experienced vet? He never started or had signifigant playing time till now, so he is still basically a rookie.
Could they? Maybe. This is the NFL. The Saints could win without Brees. LT is the life of his team. Confidence, attitude, focus, what have you.
Looked like they couldn't win with him basically non existant in tthe game today. I think SD would have a better chance to win w/o LT than Brees. Agree to disagree, I guess.