Maybe I'm Finally Getting What I Deserve

As most of you have experienced your bosses sh*tting all over you throughout your career with their company I may have actually dodged a huge pile.I started my career 3 years ago and have pretty much been stepped all over the whole time.So much hope but only dispair.Well I've been passed up as a manager for the parts department of 2 stores and finally a miracle. I received a phone call around 7PM and it was the manager of one of the other stores and told me that the two parts guys had been fired at the same time.At first I was like, bullshit, all I'm doing is covering for those losers, but they actually invited me to have an interview as the parts manager.To my surprise things went extremely well. They had already told me the position was filled so I just forgot about the whole thing. They they asked me for an interview and the General Manager of the store loved me.So please cross your fingers for the guy who NEEDS a commision check!

:club: Good luck! I hope it works out for you.Gee, FCP is celebrating its middle class respectability today ... a job promotion ... a college acceptance ... someone graduating from college. It reminds us that we all do have "real lives" in addition to our poker fantasies.Good luck to everybody with all your endeavors.
I gave two weeks notice today....
Resigning as an actuary to follow your dream carreer?Let me guess: goldfish trainer?
you seem to be implying by that joke that I live a mundane lifethat Actuaries are dull and introvertedgold fish move too fast.
Not at all. Since I have a similar carreer path (not an actuary, but currently a number theory Ph.D. candidate... close enough) I simply assumed your dream job would be similar to my dream job.After all... what could be more satisfying (or less frustrating) than trying to 'train' an animal that has (according to urban myth) a three second memory. It sure beats some other jobs (snow shovellng during a blizzard, experimental drug test subject, number theory graduate student, mcrosoft compaint department call person, etc.)EDIT... actually, the experimental drug test subject *might* be pretty cool (if it doesn't kill you...)

good luck. if frustration is a prerequisite for finding a great job, you'll probably get the offer. my job search ended after a lot of frustration this summer.

Having changed jobs 3 times in 16 years, and finally happy, I can offer this up. Don't be afraid to change jobs, or even careers. The first time (after 8 years) was the hardest since it was my first job out of university. But once you survive and thrive in the next job you learn that it is not as scary to move as you might think.The third move was the best and hopefully the last (14 years to retirement!).You have to think of yourself as a free agent in any job you have. If you can get the same pay (or more) somewhere else with less bs, go for it quickly. It is an employees market right now (at least where I live) so take advantage of it and don't take any crap from your employer.Good LuckD