Turning 60 Cents Into A Wsop Entry (and Protesting The Uigea)

So I won sixty cents in a freeroll on PKR.com ... but I couldn't play with it because they don't allow US customers (thanks Bill Frist -- how's that Presidential bid going?).Anyway, I got them to send me a check, and I just traded that check for a set of 500 poker chips (they are wicked SWEET). Now I want to trade the chips for something else (make me an offer and I'll think about it) ... the plan is to eventually trade for the buy-in for the Main Event of the WSOP.Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that the law was passed, and yes, my plan is at least as ridiculous.Check it out at www.sixtycentmainevent.com, and let me know if you're interested in making a trade.***EDIT*** Traded the chips for a basketball signed by the 1975-76 Indiana Pacers, the last season of the ABA ... ***EDIT*** Traded the basketball for two small pieces of a house that Jimi Hendrix grew up in ... details ...***EDIT*** Traded the pieces of the Hendrix House for a limited edition Super Bowl XXXVI football signed by Adam Vinatieri ...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those chips sound awesome.I'd be willing to trade. How does $20 per chip sound? I'm not really good at math, so let me know what the total comes to, ok?Here's what I suspect is going to happen at Washington:Fatcat #1: Hey, fatty, did you hear about that punk who, via a series of trades, traded in 60 cents all the way up to a $10,000 Main Event seat?Fatcat #2: No! That's lunacy!Fatcat #1: Yes, it sure is. You know, it really makes me think about that whole Internet Gambling Act we passed. It's lunacy too! Now that I think about it.Fatcat #2: Wait a second... you're right! The lunacy of that story you presented to me mirrors our own lunacy. We should make things right. Will you help me?Fatcat #1: ok

Ive seen this before on Craigslist. The first one I saw was about turning a bottle cap into a house. It was crazy.gl in your quest.I'll trade you an SS1 for the chip set (lol)

I didn't sell the chips, I traded my physical check to GoldenPalace.com for them. Check out the blog, it explains the whole deal ... and trust me, I give complete credit to the red paperclip guy, he's the man.

I didnt realize the set was soo rare. Very cool set. I wonder what you could get for individually selling each of these chips, although I guess that takes away from the whole "trade" idea.

you have a blog for this?
i will ship you $5 on fulltilt if you can make a meaningful thread that people will actually reply non sarcastically in.
i will ship you $5 on fulltilt if you can make a meaningful thread that people will actually reply non sarcastically in.
Can I get that offer too?

BLUFF Magazine likes the idea enough to cover it...http://www.bluffmagazine.com/news/newsArti...?newsID=1101415