Got The Blues In St. Louis

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the blues climbed back into it momentarily. not real interested in seeing a first-round flameout, which is pretty much inevitable, so let's all root for a loss on sunday, mmk?

sounds like jackman is asking wayyyy too much. I like him but I am beginning to wonder if it'd be best to ship him for some prospects. I think we'll see a Blues defenseman moved at the deadline even if they remain in contention. Wagner is a better option than some of the guys with the club but they're keeping him in the AHL because of roster limitations, IIRC.

I hate Jackman. Not like I hate Fanoof, where I hate when we play against him but would love to have him on my team. No, I hate Jackman. Waste of valuable oxygen.
I wouldn't go that far, but he's surely not worth what he'd get with a new contract. It really hurts negotiations for the Blues when McKee is doing less for the team and making $4M/year.oh, and the loss to phoenix basically makes the Blues sellers.
sounds like jackman is asking wayyyy too much. I like him but I am beginning to wonder if it'd be best to ship him for some prospects. I think we'll see a Blues defenseman moved at the deadline even if they remain in contention. Wagner is a better option than some of the guys with the club but they're keeping him in the AHL because of roster limitations, IIRC.
According to Andy Strickland...The Blues just signed Jackman for 4 years. It's in the $3.5 million average range.
According to Andy Strickland...The Blues just signed Jackman for 4 years. It's in the $3.5 million average range.
yeah, that's bad news for the Blues...gj cementing the defense on a team that clearly needs more offense
yeah, that's bad news for the Blues...gj cementing the defense on a team that clearly needs more offense
They'll have plenty of (young and cheap) offense next season with Perron, Berglund, Oshie, etc...
They'll have plenty of (young and cheap) offense next season with Perron, Berglund, Oshie, etc...
I don't know if it's for sure that Berglund will be in the NHL next year. Perron has been scratched quite a lot this season, too...You're right though, there's no rush.
I don't know if it's for sure that Berglund will be in the NHL next year. Perron has been scratched quite a lot this season, too...You're right though, there's no rush.
Yeah, I don't understand what's going on with Perron. He scores a winning goal and then he gets benched for the next 3 games. Could it be an attitude problem or does he have bonus clauses in his contract that the Blues don't want him to reach?
Yeah, I don't understand what's going on with Perron. He scores a winning goal and then he gets benched for the next 3 games. Could it be an attitude problem or does he have bonus clauses in his contract that the Blues don't want him to reach?
the main thing lately was just that the team was winning while he was in the press box. umm, off the top of my head, he missed a flight after the all-star break that led to a few games scratched, then he missed a practice because he thought it was at the wrong rink, etc.I think the benching has been a bit heavy-handed...
The Blues sent Bryce Salvador to the Devils for Cam Janssen. Doesn't make sense to me.
Why doesn't it make sense? They acquired a St. Louis-born player who is cheap and will provide some protection for the young guys. They gave up a decent depth d-man who they may still resign at the end of the season.
dead on. I haven't been watching much lately but I wholeheartedly support the benching after reading that.
He does have a $110k bonus in his contract, but I don't know what he needs to do to hit that. Can't imagine the Blues would keep him out for something like that when they're still trying to reach the playoffs anyway...Someone smarter than me want to explain the "Walter" nickname for Tkachuk?
Someone smarter than me want to explain the "Walter" nickname for Tkachuk?
I've never heard him called Walter before, but Walt is a nickname he picked up due to a Walt Tkachuk who used to play for the Rangers quite some time back.

god, blues fans are so dumb. They act like management betrayed us with the trades at the deadline. Did they subtract? Slightly, I guess, but Backman was not at all useful and couldn't be benched or sent to the minors.