Got The Blues In St. Louis

Sounds about right.Gordo is pretty bad. I don't like his writing style and I feel like he is rarely consistent with his opinions. I could give an example of this but it would be long-winded and boring. Have you met Gordo, gruven?
No, I've never met him. The THN correspondent in St. Louis is Tom Timmerman. I read the story, tho, and it's really an ill-advised story. Taking shots at refs is an easy and cheap target, when most sports writers worth their weight in printer paper know that things happen on the ice so fast that to expect perfection is unfair. That doesn't excuse Goo's bad call, but, like I said, it's still taking an easy way out for a column to write about it.
  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the reporter doesn't mention that Boyes kicked the puck into the net for one of the goals and doesn't properlly explain that when a referee losses site of the puck that he has to blow the play dead.
I didn't get to watch the game, but had to go by the highlights on TSN.ca, and it didn't like Boyes kicked the puck in to me. It also looked to me like McGeough, as his is usual MO, was way out of position to make the call on the puck being covered up. He was nowhere near the net. Seriously, the NHL needs to can him, no matter what team you root for.

March 24 @ Det: 3-2 W, SOMarch 25 @ Cbj: 1-3 LI love the variance in hockey.Sanford hurt his groin again. This is like the sixth injury for him in the last two seasons. I wonder if he'll even have the privilege of being a backup somewhere next season. I think Jason Bacashihua is god awful as well.

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes it does make me sick to my stomach to see the Blues icing a severely crippled lineup and still making it to OT against Anaheim.Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes it does make me sick to my stomach to see the Blues icing a severely crippled lineup and still making it to OT against Anaheim.Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?
I kinda like 'Stempede'. I'm gonna start using it and see if it sticks....
Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?
At a Blues forum I post at, the saying about Mike Sillinger from the previous season was "Sillinger has a posse!", possibly from some movie/Internet association I'm unfamiliar with. After Sillinger was traded at last year's deadline, it turned into "Stempniak has a Leegion" somewhat predictably. One poster took a sign with this slogan to the pregame warmups and held it up to the class. Apparently it lives on in the Blues locker room as well from what I've heard.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I may have a starter, but my team is probably much worse off with toivonen in net....Wish I knew why they aren't interested in winning.
Legace started and left the game.

Posting this here since I'm tired of spamming the Leafs thread with Blues-related stuff.

The problem with the team is that you need to make significant changes. The problem with doing that is in the time frame it takes to get you back to competitive. However, they're not competitive now. So you can't blow it up, but you sure can blast a tunnel into the problem that lets you see a little light.... Thats just off the top of my head, and I'm no expert. But I'd rather have some very high draft picks and some Corey Perry's on my roster than the slowly balding Mats. And that's no knock against Sundin. Great player, great leaf. Great career. Game over....
I don't really think it has to take more than maybe 2-3 years for most teams to make it back into competitive mode after major tweaks. The Blues lost most of their roster when the Lauries decided to pull out, and at that point in time, we'd invested all of our future in Tkachuk, Weight, etc. That was 05-06. We're back to being on the cusp of contention this season thanks to some good FA signings and shrewd trades. Compared to how long the Leafs have struggled, I don't think it's really that big of a deal to punt a few seasons for the good of the franchise.

I'd say the thrashing the Blues gave to Nashville last night was a pretty good sign for the playoff hopes. For those keeping track: McKee, EJ, and Brewer were all scratched...

I'd say the thrashing the Blues gave to Nashville last night was a pretty good sign for the playoff hopes. For those keeping track: McKee, EJ, and Brewer were all scratched...
When has McKee been in the lineup?
When has McKee been in the lineup?
23 games total since the Blues signed him two summers ago. He played a little in the preseason which led to the current broken foot. He earned $173,913.04 per game last year.

Wow... silly goal for sure.Only argument I can make for it is this: Toews, if he touched it, it was at exactly crossbar level. Does it have to be higher than the crossbar, or crossbar or higher?

Wow... silly goal for sure.Only argument I can make for it is this: Toews, if he touched it, it was at exactly crossbar level. Does it have to be higher than the crossbar, or crossbar or higher?
I have no idea, and I don't know how the judges could have discerned this with any certainty either. What is conclusive about ANY of those angles?