Got The Blues In St. Louis

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw it quickly.It matters, a lot, if it was called a goal on the ice too. I'm not sure what the refs called it.
The refs didn't signal a goal. It was reviewed like a full minute after during the next stoppage in play.
mmm.http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standingsLooking good so far. I don't mean to serge it up, but I can see the Blues winning the central division this year. It's too bad that the Blues coverage outside of StL is so shitty. I would have loved to watch the last few games that weren't on FSN...
Is Detroit getting moved to another division?
I think Detroit is too strong, but the whole division has improved a TON this year. No longer are they a soft division, imo.
Columbus and Nashville have both been surprising so far.
Is Detroit getting moved to another division?
Pfft. The Blues went 4-4 against the Wings last season. I don't think they are near as dominating as they were in years past.
Pfft. The Blues went 4-4 against the Wings last season. I don't think they are near as dominating as they were in years past.
That would be relevant if St. Louis played all their games against Detroit.
That would be relevant if St. Louis played all their games against Detroit.
Meh. I think it's pretty relevant, but neither of us is really going to have any good idea of how it will play out until we see some more of the inter-division games.
Meh. I think it's pretty relevant
Me too. If you can split a season series against the most powerful team in your conference, and then improve your team as they get weaker, you're doing pretty well for yourselves. Not that Detroit isn't playing well this season, but St. Louis is very underrated. I'm interested to see what happens when the Wings head for St. Louis next month.
Me too. If you can split a season series against the most powerful team in your conference, and then improve your team as they get weaker, you're doing pretty well for yourselves. Not that Detroit isn't playing well this season, but St. Louis is very underrated. I'm interested to see what happens when the Wings head for St. Louis next month.
The fact that St. Louis may or may not be underated has nothing to do with the discussion. I was responding to the fact that strategy believes St. Louis can win the division. The fact that the Blues have played .500 hockey against the Wings is moot because Detroit dominates so many other teams.
The fact that St. Louis may or may not be underated has nothing to do with the discussion. I was responding to the fact that strategy believes St. Louis can win the division. The fact that the Blues have played .500 hockey against the Wings is moot because Detroit dominates so many other teams.
Yeah, but it's important to the point about St. Louis having a good chance of winning the division, because:A. Detroit plays in their division and St. Louis plays 10% of their total games against them.andB. The fact that they are capable of playing .500 hockey against the most powerful team in their conference should mean they're capable of playing better than .500 hockey against the rest of the conference, as evidenced by their better than .500 record thusfar (and I KNOW it's only October, so no one needs to point that out) My point is that I'd be willing to put money on the fact that they'll still be playing better than .500 hockey at the All-Star break and will be in contention for the Division Title in April if not necessarily the ultimate winners of said title. Hell, I believe Chicago is just as much of a threat for the Central title as Detroit is this season. That's either a mark of how wide open that division is, or a mark on how deluded I am, could go either way I suppose. Could just be that I really don't like the Big Bad Detroit Red Wings, I really want to see them with egg on their collective faces, and that I love a good underdog story or two.
Hell, I believe Chicago is just as much of a threat for the Central title as Detroit is this season. That's either a mark of how wide open that division is, or a mark on how deluded I am, could go either way I suppose. Could just be that I really don't like the Big Bad Detroit Red Wings, I really want to see them with egg on their collective faces, and that I love a good underdog story or two.
It is the bolded one. Unless Zetterberg and Lidstrom go down for the entire season, there is no way the Wings don't comfortably win their division.
It is the bolded one. Unless Zetterberg and Lidstrom go down for the entire season, there is no way the Wings don't comfortably win their division.
Seeing what I've seen so far from them, do I think the Blues are a favorite to win the Central? No. But if they can get their third line working and the defense back to 100%, the Wings will be far from comfortable. I can't say I have much faith in both of those events occurring, lol.
Seeing what I've seen so far from them, do I think the Blues are a favorite to win the Central? No. But if they can get their third line working and the defense back to 100%, the Wings will be far from comfortable. I can't say I have much faith in both of those events occurring, lol.
The Wings #1 goalie goes down with an injury so the backup steps in and goes 5-0. Andrew Raycroft would get Vezina consideration if he played for Detroit.
all you do is bash the Leafs in every thread...Makes you look a little silly
I didn't see it as much of an insult to the leafs, really. Raycroft may suck but he's no longer the only option in net.

The Blues are offering 50% off as a halloween special. I can't take advantage but it got me thinking, I wonder if they'd give me a hefty discount if I emailed from my KU account and explained my financial and geographical situation. I'm a four hour drive from St. Louis and poor. What do you think, gruven?

What on earth are they doing with Perron? How is sitting out or playing 5 minutes a night beneficial. Dress him and play him with Doug Weight please.
Yeah, they ought to send him back to junior at this rate. I didn't get to watch the game tonight but I am pretty sure he did get time with Weight. He registered no shots on goal and had 13 minutes of ice time, so I imagine this doesn't bode well for his NHL chances...Also, losing to phoenix twice, wtf? I should beg DM to let me out of the bet for $9.90 at this point.