Got The Blues In St. Louis

The team led by Kariya, Thachuk and now AndyHas some fine young player named Boyes who is dandyHow did the Leafs let this kid get awayWe got nothing to show for it , except Quinn's toupeeMy hearts go out to the people in this fine cityThey have never won a Cup, but doesnt stop the girls from being flirtyAnother long year for the fans of the BluesMaybe you should just stick to drinking the boozea poem by a fan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team led by Kariya, Thachuk and now AndyHas some fine young player named Boyes who is dandyHow did the Leafs let this kid get awayWe got nothing to show for it , except Quinn's toupeeMy hearts go out to the people in this fine cityThey have never won a Cup, but doesnt stop the girls from being flirtyAnother long year for the fans of the BluesMaybe you should just stick to drinking the boozea poem by a fan
What is with you and poems today.Do another!
They can feel free to continue to lose games vs. Central teams all they want. I read somewhere that back on like 11/12 the Wings had a 4 or 6 point lead in the division. Today they have a 17 point lead. Wings seem to be winning against non-division teams with ease while the other central teams are floundering.But yes it was a pretty sick game.
yep, the central thing is just a very flukey stat. I just wanted to be a clown and celebrate that fact to DM. I don't expect the blues to compete with the wings on a nightly basis. they have the tools to do it but they just don't have it together yet.thank you for the poem, serge.

I actually like the Blues...There isnt too much to hate on that team...Kariya is my boy...They have a good mix of veterans and young guys..Good luck to the Blues..

Detroit 53St. Louis 36
yeah, um. they have to be cheating somehow. it's probably the media.
I actually like the Blues...There isnt too much to hate on that team...Kariya is my boy...They have a good mix of veterans and young guys..Good luck to the Blues..
thank you. God's western conference team, anybody?

I don't mind the Blues either but they are in the weakest division (Southeast is a contender for that too) and one that just lets Detroit beat it up. The should be a lot closer to the Wings. But one plus for the Blues is they hold 5 games in hand over Anaheim (8th at time of writing) so a good run and a kind schedule could see them well in the mix.And I'll hope for another first round with SJ, because they own the Blues soul in the postseason!

I don't mind the Blues either but they are in the weakest division (Southeast is a contender for that too) and one that just lets Detroit beat it up. The should be a lot closer to the Wings. But one plus for the Blues is they hold 5 games in hand over Anaheim (8th at time of writing) so a good run and a kind schedule could see them well in the mix.And I'll hope for another first round with SJ, because they own the Blues soul in the postseason!
did you read anything from this page?
did you read anything from this page?
Nope, why is it important to? It's like 5 pages and I'm lazy!
The Redwings going 0-4 against the Blackhawks is the opposite of beating up on them, more like getting beat down by the Hawks. In fact 8 of the 10 losses by Detroit has been to Central division teams. So I say the Central is the strongest and everyone else is letting Detroit beat them up.
Nope, why is it important to? It's like 5 pages and I'm lazy!
I just thought it was funny that you came in and made that comment right after I'd made such a big deal about the wings being under .500 against only the central division.
The Redwings going 0-4 against the Blackhawks is the opposite of beating up on them, more like getting beat down by the Hawks. In fact 8 of the 10 losses by Detroit has been to Central division teams. So I say the Central is the strongest and everyone else is letting Detroit beat them up.
Ok, I apologise I didn't know the facts behind Detroit's losses. I only get my stats from NHL.com and usually only check the standings by conference and because of that I have to disagree with the bolded segment. A division with 4 of its teams in the lower 8 can't be considered a strong one, maybe they play out of their skin when the Red Wings roll in because they want to beat them so badly. But where is this when it's Vancouver, Colorado or even LA? The central has the potential to be very strong but presently they're all under-performing. St Louis has the only decent shot because of the games in hand they have over Calgary and Anaheim. Nashville should be doing better, ditto Columbus, Leclaire was riduclously good and gave them a shot at winning big games but the offence couldn't capitalise. Chicago is in a re-building process but they have some great young talent and have been unlucky with Havlat being out so long.Hopefully this will division come on because it could be great if these teams can find their true ability.
Ok, I apologise I didn't know the facts behind Detroit's losses. I only get my stats from NHL.com and usually only check the standings by conference and because of that I have to disagree with the bolded segment. A division with 4 of its teams in the lower 8 can't be considered a strong one, maybe they play out of their skin when the Red Wings roll in because they want to beat them so badly. But where is this when it's Vancouver, Colorado or even LA? The central has the potential to be very strong but presently they're all under-performing. St Louis has the only decent shot because of the games in hand they have over Calgary and Anaheim. Nashville should be doing better, ditto Columbus, Leclaire was riduclously good and gave them a shot at winning big games but the offence couldn't capitalise. Chicago is in a re-building process but they have some great young talent and have been unlucky with Havlat being out so long.Hopefully this will division come on because it could be great if these teams can find their true ability.
I tend to agree with the above. It's just one of those flukey stats that just won't continue over the rest of the season... I expect the Wings to demolish the central with little effort. Seeing what they did to the Wild in their last two matchups is just scary...I have a lot of doubt about the Blues even making the postseason.
By the way, they have a new nickname for Lee Stempniak. "The General"I'm not sure what his playing style has to do with the dukes of hazard.
His first name is Lee.
O THX
  • 1 month later...
For the life of me I cannot understand the Eric Brewer hate. I think he have probably been over this before.
Perpetually injured career .29PPG defenseman with a lifetime -69 +/- (hasn't had a plus season since 2000-2001, which was the only one of his career) making $3.5mill this year and going up to $4.5mill per for the next 3. I get it just fine.
Perpetually injured career .29PPG defenseman with a lifetime -69 +/- (hasn't had a plus season since 2000-2001, which was the only one of his career) making $3.5mill this year and going up to $4.5mill per for the next 3. I get it just fine.
Plus, St. Louis traded away Pronger to get Brewer.
He isn't there to score goals, and you will find a lot of "shutdown" defenceman don't have a great + - , especially on teams that struggle to score goals. He is a legitimate top pair defenceman. He isn't Lidstrom level by any means, but not all 60 top pairing defenceman are.