Sbrugby Misclick Hand Vs Ivey

Enjoy. From yesterday. sbrugby accidentally misclick overraises, Ivey tries a steal, and you see the rest:Full Tilt Poker Game #1317960514: Table Canfield (6 max) - $200/$400 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:05:23 ET - 2006/11/28Seat 3: sbrugby ($81,976)Seat 6: Phil Ivey ($135,295.20)sbrugby posts the small blind of $200Phil Ivey posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***sbrugby raises to $30,800Phil Ivey has 15 seconds left to actPhil Ivey raises to $135,295.20, and is all insbrugby: ###! mesbrugby: such bssbrugby: !%@$ing asbrugby has 15 seconds left to actsbrugby calls $51,176, and is all inPhil Ivey shows [Kd 9c]sbrugby shows [8c Ah]Uncalled bet of $53,319.20 returned to Phil Ivey*** FLOP *** [8d 7s 8s]*** TURN *** [8d 7s 8s] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [8d 7s 8s Qh] [5s]Phil Ivey shows a pair of Eightssbrugby shows three of a kind, Eightssbrugby wins the pot ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, EightsPhil Ivey stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $163,952 | Rake $0.50Board: [8d 7s 8s Qh 5s]Seat 3: sbrugby (small blind) showed [8c Ah] and won ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, EightsSeat 6: Phil Ivey (big blind) showed [Kd 9c] and lost with a pair of Eights

Enjoy. From yesterday. sbrugby accidentally misclick overraises, Ivey tries a steal, and you see the rest:Full Tilt Poker Game #1317960514: Table Canfield (6 max) - $200/$400 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:05:23 ET - 2006/11/28Seat 3: sbrugby ($81,976)Seat 6: Phil Ivey ($135,295.20)sbrugby posts the small blind of $200Phil Ivey posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***sbrugby raises to $30,800Phil Ivey has 15 seconds left to actPhil Ivey raises to $135,295.20, and is all insbrugby: ###! mesbrugby: such bssbrugby: !%@$ing asbrugby has 15 seconds left to actsbrugby calls $51,176, and is all inPhil Ivey shows [Kd 9c]sbrugby shows [8c Ah]Uncalled bet of $53,319.20 returned to Phil Ivey*** FLOP *** [8d 7s 8s]*** TURN *** [8d 7s 8s] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [8d 7s 8s Qh] [5s]Phil Ivey shows a pair of Eightssbrugby shows three of a kind, Eightssbrugby wins the pot ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, EightsPhil Ivey stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $163,952 | Rake $0.50Board: [8d 7s 8s Qh 5s]Seat 3: sbrugby (small blind) showed [8c Ah] and won ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, EightsSeat 6: Phil Ivey (big blind) showed [Kd 9c] and lost with a pair of Eights
WOW!!! hahahah best misclick ever
NoSup4U,Help an obviously slow brotha out....why do you assume there was a misclick?
LOL at you guys thinking a raise to 30k (75x the bb) is standard ivey is brilliant, nothing else to add
damn, you beat me to it.How bout this.....shut up and go win a tourney or sumptin.
got it, i wasn't focused on the bets, more on the player comments...ie "damn, i misclicked"
Your avatar makes me want to immediately start masturbating.Who is that in your av?

Why the hell did Ivey go over the top like that with just K9? He had to assume he'd be called. I mean he was beat the all the way anyways, no suckout. Like I said, the guy is overated.

part 2?Full Tilt Poker Game #1317960514: Table Canfield (6 max) - $300/$600 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:50:23 ET - 2006/12/6Seat 3: sbrugby ($135,295.20)Seat 6: Phil Ivey ($81,976)Phil Ivey posts the small blind of $300sbrugby posts the big blind of $600The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Phil Ivey raises to $30,800sbrugby has 15 seconds left to actsbrugby raises to $135,295.20, and is all inPhil Ivey: %# mePhil Ivey: such bsPhil Ivey: !$%%ing asbrugby: pay back's a bitc.h...bitc.h (dot in word added by me)Phil Ivey has 15 seconds left to actPhil Ivey calls $51,176, and is all insbrugby shows [Ad Kc]Phil Ivey shows [8c Ah]Uncalled bet of $53,319.20 returned to sbrugby*** FLOP *** [Kd 7s Ks]*** TURN *** [Kd 7s Ks] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [Kd 7s Ks Qh] [5s]Phil Ivey shows a pair of Kingssbrugby shows three of a kind, Kingssbrugby wins the pot ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, EightsPhil Ivey stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $163,952 | Rake $0.50Board: [Kd 7s Ks Qh 5s]Seat 3: sbrugby (big blind) showed [Kc Ah] and won ($163,951.50) with three of a kind, KingsSeat 6: Phil Ivey (small blind) showed [Ah 8c] and lost with a pair of Kings

Why the hell did Ivey go over the top like that with just K9? He had to assume he'd be called. I mean he was beat the all the way anyways, no suckout. Like I said, the guy is overated.
well because if he interprets it as a misclick it could be pretty much any random hand and he may lay it down if not he could still get called and have the best hand. So even though he did get called was'nt a gigantic dog. Basically Ivey is a genius has tons of creativity and no fear at all
Pardon my ignorance since I don't play much cash, but how do you accidently raise to 30k without either typing it in or sliding up your bet bar and THEN clicking the raise button?
Its semi common. I probably do it once every few weeks. If you're multi-tabling and switching back and forth its easy to do. For instance, lets say the min bet that is populated in the window is 1, and you want to bet 2, you highlight the 1 and replace it with a 2. But if you accidentally click next to the 1 and make it 12, by the time you notice you've already clicked the 'bet' button, and now you've bet 6 times what you wanted.And if the standard bet is say, 30, and you try and raise to 120, and accidentally make it 30,120 then whoops :club: If you happen to have that much of course.Mark
Its semi common. I probably do it once every few weeks. If you're multi-tabling and switching back and forth its easy to do. For instance, lets say the min bet that is populated in the window is 1, and you want to bet 2, you highlight the 1 and replace it with a 2. But if you accidentally click next to the 1 and make it 12, by the time you notice you've already clicked the 'bet' button, and now you've bet 6 times what you wanted.And if the standard bet is say, 30, and you try and raise to 120, and accidentally make it 30,120 then whoops :club: If you happen to have that much of course.Mark
Makes sense, thanks.But if I were playing 200/400, I certainly wouldn't have ANYTHING else open to distract me.

What do you guys think about Ivey stop and going?Lets assume aba is open raising the top 75% of hands HU. Is K9 a favorite over Abas usual opening range? I think so. Aba had enough invested to where he knew what the situation was, and he was basically priced in to call with any 2 cards. Stop and going by Ivey could be a more profitable play here for Ivey because now Aba only gets to see 3 instead of 5 cards if he doesnt pair, and sometimes he might even fold the best hand on the flop, while putting in a big % of his stack.

What do you guys think about Ivey stop and going?Lets assume aba is open raising the top 75% of hands HU. Is K9 a favorite over Abas usual opening range? I think so. Aba had enough invested to where he knew what the situation was, and he was basically priced in to call with any 2 cards. Stop and going by Ivey could be a more profitable play here for Ivey because now Aba only gets to see 3 instead of 5 cards if he doesnt pair, and sometimes he might even fold the best hand on the flop, while putting in a big % of his stack.
I think stop and go is a great move.....but I dont mind his push either.You definitely make a very solid point.edit: I dont really think a fold by Ivey is bad either. just to throw it out there.