let's be honest for once, how many of you guys pay taxes on your poker winnings?? as for myself i have yet to pay any taxes on my poker winnings. I make around 2500-3k a month. if i did would't taxes take 1/3 of my income? i know am not the only one.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At most, 10 percent of poker players win. At most, a third of them pay any real taxes on those winnings. So, we are talking about 3 to 4 percent of poker players probably. I won't make enough to pay taxes on. If I clear 3-5k on the year, I obv won't ship a dime to Uncle Sam.

At most, 10 percent of poker players win. At most, a third of them pay any real taxes on those winnings. So, we are talking about 3 to 4 percent of poker players probably. I won't make enough to pay taxes on. If I clear 3-5k on the year, I obv won't ship a dime to Uncle Sam.
Become a Canadian citizen and you won't have to worry about it.

My dad is an accountant and said that any bank account that suddenly jumps over 10k or an account that keeps recieving big deposits with no trail are subject to auditing by the IRS. Some banks I guess watch for this stuff and will notify the IRS if they see an account with suspicious behavior. I don't know which banks do this or if money coming in from something like neteller is clean enough already.

let's be honest for once, how many of you guys pay taxes on your poker winnings?? as for myself i have yet to pay any taxes on my poker winnings. I make around 2500-3k a month. if i did would't taxes take 1/3 of my income? i know am not the only one.
so you make roughly 30k - 40k a year playing poker. i would recommend talking to an accountant and filing especially if you dont have any other job. because getting audited by the irs sucks balls. might as well pay your taxes
so you make roughly 30k - 40k a year playing poker. i would recommend talking to an accountant and filing especially if you dont have any other job. because getting audited by the irs sucks balls. might as well pay your taxes
I suggest watching that video... then say... "might as well pay your taxes"Most people just pay... to avoid problems.. except when you ask them to present the law in court that says you MUST pay taxes... THEY CANT! and never have... do your research... spend 1/1000 of the time that you do on poker... and you might be surprised.
I suggest watching that video... then say... "might as well pay your taxes"Most people just pay... to avoid problems.. except when you ask them to present the law in court that says you MUST pay taxes... THEY CANT! and never have... do your research... spend 1/1000 of the time that you do on poker... and you might be surprised.
that video is 2 hours long. i will not watch something that is most likely b.s. anyways.
You as an ordinary citizen do not have to pay INCOME TAX. It is a fraud on the American People.Watch this sometime, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198morals? has nothing to do with...
I wasted about 3 minutes watching. Whoever made this idiotic movie should of had James Earl Jones do the voice over. Darth Vader would of had a better impact.
Last time I tangled with the IRS I wrote a big check. Since I make more money than 85% of the population, it wasn't as big as most of you suckers have to write.vote Republican
fyp
You as an ordinary citizen do not have to pay INCOME TAX. It is a fraud on the American People.Watch this sometime, http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198morals? has nothing to do with...
QFM (quoted for mockery)Whether or not you think you are obligated to pay (which you clearly are), there is no denying that the govt has the power to compel you to do so. I suppose that when they arrest you and throw you in jail for willful tax evasion (it will be deemed willful because of your position as a tax protester), you will then deny their ability to do so? Good luck with that.
You're an idiot.Also,
Ellipsis... is not... a toy.
that video is 2 hours long. i will not watch something that is most likely b.s. anyways.
It is hardly B.S. and the guy behind the film is a very well respected film maker.. not some nut job. People interviewed throughout the piece are IRS agents, politicians, & those who specialize in tax law. There are case histories and rulings. The bottom line is there is NO LAW that requires the average person to pay income tax. But watch the film.. use your own judgment. If you come away with something that I haven't... then please enlighten me. If you cannot spend 2 hours on something you spend your life paying into... than you deserve every bit of it. But if your ADD doesn't hold up... just skip that first 30 minutes.. thats where the meat of it starts anyway. If I am ever in the spot where I must defend myself against the IRS. All I would do is request a jury trial and play this tape. I wouldn't say one other word.
Yeah, I can't think of any laws that force us to pay income taxes...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Ame...es_ConstitutionCome one, even as far as nutjob conspiracies go, this one is just terrible.
QFM (quoted for mockery)Whether or not you think you are obligated to pay (which you clearly are), there is no denying that the govt has the power to compel you to do so. I suppose that when they arrest you and throw you in jail for willful tax evasion (it will be deemed willful because of your position as a tax protester), you will then deny their ability to do so? Good luck with that.
I am not obligated to pay... please show me the law....
If I am ever in the spot where I must defend myself against the IRS. All I would do is request a jury trial and play this tape. I wouldn't say one other word.
That's a pretty good defense. I'm sure it would work too.Also, even the most incompetent court appointed tax prosecutor would tear you a new one and you'd be in jail for a very long time.No, seriously, though. It seems that you actually believe this. I'm assuming that you're not going to pay income taxes this year then. Don't forget to post when you go to jail.

You guys are clueless.. Watch the video then talk ... it's like those who say the bible is the word of god and never read page of it.Watch it... then debate.The 16th amendment deals with INCOME tax and corporations. You do not make INCOME.. you make WAGES..

I am not obligated to pay... please show me the law....
Uh, are you really this stupid.Where should I look to find such a law?Hmm, I wonder...Article I, Section 8Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United StatesQED
Uh, are you really this stupid.Where should I look to find such a law?Hmm, I wonder...Article I, Section 8Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United StatesQED
Chuckwagon just got pwned! btw LLY i was expecting a better responce in my Wealth of Nations thread...
uh are you really this clueless and un-informed?How about going to the 30minute mark more specific the 30.38 mark... listen to what is said... then talk to me about the 16th amendment. This is why there is such a huge debate... there are those that know.. and those that don't.