Longest Run Of Bad Luck?

I am getting so fustrated with poker. It has been over a month of not cashing in tournaments and most of the time its from bad luck. Before this horribe run of cards i was on a run of 14 final tables in 2 months. Has anyone else gone cold for this long and taken beat after beat. (esp. the 2 outers) If you have how did you cope with it because im ready to just quit playing and get a real job.

Perhaps you're not playing well.If you're playing poker for a living and you havent cashed in a tourney in a month something is wrong.
i was a winning player over 16 months until may 2006, and didnt win many days at all from june - october.. coming out now tho.. a lot of sick sik sick beats when id start getting deep i nmtts

i still play cash games but i pride myself on being a good tournament player. IM still happy with my play. I just got knocked out of the midnight madness when my QQ lost to 77 after moving all in preflop. Hit his 7 on turn. Its been like that for a lil over a month now. Im still playing very well most of the time. I admit that sometimes i make a bad play and get kcocked out but who doesnt.

Chip Reese hasn't gone longer than 3 weeks on a bad run. This is according to cash games though ... with 0 tilt you shouldn't be running bad for more than a month ... unfortunately ( and sometimes fortunetely when your running good ) most people have some sort of steam factor but that should be the equation to equal yourself to. If you are running bad longer than that then you are either seriously tilting or can't beat the level your playing.

ive been having a bad run also, getting it in with the best hand for as long as i can remember and getting drawn out, it happens and i guess all you can do is hope for the best

Chip Reese hasn't gone longer than 3 weeks on a bad run. This is according to cash games though ... with 0 tilt you shouldn't be running bad for more than a month ... unfortunately ( and sometimes fortunetely when your running good ) most people have some sort of steam factor but that should be the equation to equal yourself to. If you are running bad longer than that then you are either seriously tilting or can't beat the level your playing.
It should also be noted that we aren't as good as Chip Reese.

Having had several bad runs before (and on one as we speak!), I can only tell you that from my experience, the biggest leak I find when I'm "running bad" is I forget to play small ball poker. Instead, I'm always looking to maximize my edges when I'm running bad and pushing my strong hands a lot harder than I normally would - thus, resulting in several 70/30 and 80/20 situations where I get outdrawn - whereas normally, if I were playing smallball, I would be able to get away from these hands after the flop based on how much information i'm given by the villainsi with post-flop aggression.Sorry if that was long-winded and convoluted a bit, it's 4 am and I really should be in bed - but just wanted to chime in with what I felt puts me in the exact situation you're in right now: "I'm running bad! I keep getting it in as an 80/20 favorite and losing." It's usually because I'm frustrated and forgetting to play small ball.

LOL. Never thought I'd make a bad beat post. Tonight was awesome, went 0 for 22 in coinflips. Amazing, I thought it was a good laugh. I get so numb now. BRUTAL.Funny part was I made it about 10 from the money in each of the 22 tourneys I played today. Movin onto some cash games now, gotta do better there.Love & hate this game :club:

Always happens, this whole past month has been cold. I have learned not to mind though, because if I let it get to me it will effect my playing and I will start to question myself about certain things. The main thing I do is just take it, because I know that I played to my absolute potential.hopefully the cold streak for you will end soon

I am getting so fustrated with poker. It has been over a month of not cashing in tournaments and most of the time its from bad luck. Before this horribe run of cards i was on a run of 14 final tables in 2 months. Has anyone else gone cold for this long and taken beat after beat. (esp. the 2 outers) If you have how did you cope with it because im ready to just quit playing and get a real job.
Knife + Wrists does the trick nicely.
Having had several bad runs before (and on one as we speak!), I can only tell you that from my experience, the biggest leak I find when I'm "running bad" is I forget to play small ball poker. Instead, I'm always looking to maximize my edges when I'm running bad and pushing my strong hands a lot harder than I normally would - thus, resulting in several 70/30 and 80/20 situations where I get outdrawn - whereas normally, if I were playing smallball, I would be able to get away from these hands after the flop based on how much information i'm given by the villainsi with post-flop aggression.Sorry if that was long-winded and convoluted a bit, it's 4 am and I really should be in bed - but just wanted to chime in with what I felt puts me in the exact situation you're in right now: "I'm running bad! I keep getting it in as an 80/20 favorite and losing." It's usually because I'm frustrated and forgetting to play small ball.
QFTYou Sir, just hit the nail on the head.Once on a bad run, it's the other 90% of hands, aside from the 'all-in' situations, that get played differently through tilt/lack of confidence - which affects reads etc.It is then all too easy to remember the time you are outdrawn when all-in - Probably when you are low stacked anyway through bad play, when others may then be more inclined to make a dubious call as they can afford it.
ummm noI've had 2 really huge bad runs in my life, I'm mostly a cash game player and honestly I felt sick for a month straight on like 2 occasions. And it seems like I came out of it, I was still running bad but people were playing so bad that I still could carve out a profit, I was still getting 5 outers all over the place. In fact last night I got crushed in a lot of different ways. I played really well and it seemed like the people I was playing with were playing there hands face up, but they had me beat so i was folding. I was pissed that on like 4 occasions in really big pots I put guys on flush draws, and was betting the flop and turn and all 4 times flush hit on the river and i was forced to lay it down, or I checked and lost, it just happens. It really pissed me off that i was getting "unlucky" but at the end of the night when i analyzed my play, I was pretty happy with my performance if i let the cards get to me I could have lost a lot more than I did. Bad runs happen, and if your in a game that your edge isn't that great a bad run can really hit you hard.