Ftops Main Event

Yeah, but it wasn't a situation where I thought I was either flipping or dominated. I literally put Arbian on 'any 2'. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned over 45o, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned over AK. When I got dealt 77 and Arbian paused, I told BK he was jamming with a huge range and I thought I had to go with the 77, He agreed obv (ha, i'm the nit, I'm way more likely to shy away from a race for all my chips), and talking with a lot of people about the hand afterwards (Prty, BMH, Bk's roommates, SBRounder, etc), I'm pretty sure it was the right play. Ha, one person who I immensely respect didn't like the call however...I had 1/2 the avg stack and an m of about 4 with like 43 left; at that point I need to double up so I have a chance at winning, not just trying to hang on. Any sort of edge I feel I might have goes out the window if I am reduced to push or fold poker.Heh, the 77 is supposed to hold though. :-/
come on now, you'd have to be absolutely crazy to shove with 45o :club:
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and talking with a lot of people about the hand afterwards (Prty, BMH, Bk's roommates, SBRounder, etc),
I see I've been reduced to "etc" now. Tear, tear. The old man has become an old wise man.You playing in any PCA sattys sometime or what?And I love the fact that the teams I grew up on I get to see in 7 avatars each day.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)So are the late 80s/early 90s Jays the official team of FCP now?
obviously.with a lineup like pat borders, jack morris, kelly gruber, paul molitor, joe carter, cito gaston managing, dave olerud, roberto alomar...HOW COULD THEY BE STOPPPEEEDDD
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)So are the late 80s/early 90s Jays the official team of FCP now?
excellent idea...you can have manny lee, then we can run a great double team play combo on ron mexico
excellent idea...you can have manny lee, then we can run a great double team play combo on ron mexico
anyone know how long it takes for avatars to change? mine shoudl have been joe carter hitting his HR to win the series by nowsweeeeet
anyone know how long it takes for avatars to change? mine shoudl have been joe carter hitting his HR to win the series by nowsweeeeet
thank you for helping me charge towards 1k....it took robbie about an hour to spit on up there
I see I've been reduced to "etc" now. Tear, tear. The old man has become an old wise man.You playing in any PCA sattys sometime or what?And I love the fact that the teams I grew up on I get to see in 7 avatars each day.
Ha, you weren't the etc, I didn't think I discussed it with you much, thought BK did after I gave him free reign on my AIM. :-) Then again, I guess you can be the etc if you want.Ha, Cito Gaston...I forgot about him. Wasn't the always humble Ricky 'I talk in the 3rd person' Henderson on that team too? ....Ha I looked, yes he was on the 1993 WS team. They had a pretty decent bench...Anytime you have a man of Alfredo Griffin's stature, you know you are doing something right. ;-)
Ha, Cito Gaston...I forgot about him. Wasn't the always humble Ricky 'I talk in the 3rd person' Henderson on that team too?
Yeah, we traded for him mid-season. Gillick was a beast with the midseason trades (Cone the year before).
Yeah, we traded for him mid-season. Gillick was a beast with the midseason trades (Cone the year before).
Gillick was a beast with trades in general, Fred McGriff and Tony Fernandez for Alomar and CarterDevo for Junior Felix
obviously.with a lineup like pat borders, jack morris, kelly gruber, paul molitor, joe carter, cito gaston managing, dave olerud, roberto alomar...HOW COULD THEY BE STOPPPEEEDDD
It's John Olerud. And boys, Henke! Tom Henke.
Ha, you weren't the etc, I didn't think I discussed it with you much, thought BK did after I gave him free reign on my AIM. :-) Then again, I guess you can be the etc if you want.Ha, Cito Gaston...I forgot about him. Wasn't the always humble Ricky 'I talk in the 3rd person' Henderson on that team too? ....Ha I looked, yes he was on the 1993 WS team. They had a pretty decent bench...Anytime you have a man of Alfredo Griffin's stature, you know you are doing something right. ;-)
"Ha, Cito Gaston...I forgot about him. Wasn't the always humble Ricky 'I talk in the 3rd person' Henderson on that team too? "-yea, that's back when humble rickey called john olerud "first baseman", after the all-star break.....that's right, he didn't know his own team-mates name almost 100 games into the season...only R.H...props to the biggest pile of **** ever ---...."lou brock was the greatest, now i'm the greatest"-------rickey ****ing henderson
Yeah, but it wasn't a situation where I thought I was either flipping or dominated. I literally put Arbian on 'any 2'. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned over 45o, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned over AK. When I got dealt 77 and Arbian paused, I told BK he was jamming with a huge range and I thought I had to go with the 77, He agreed obv (ha, i'm the nit, I'm way more likely to shy away from a race for all my chips), and talking with a lot of people about the hand afterwards (Prty, BMH, Bk's roommates, SBRounder, etc), I'm pretty sure it was the right play. Ha, one person who I immensely respect didn't like the call however...I had 1/2 the avg stack and an m of about 4 with like 43 left; at that point I need to double up so I have a chance at winning, not just trying to hang on. Any sort of edge I feel I might have goes out the window if I am reduced to push or fold poker.Heh, the 77 is supposed to hold though. :-/
I had been railing for some time and got the same read that he would be shoving w/ any 2. You made the right call, just didn't win the race.
-yea, that's back when humble rickey called john olerud "first baseman", after the all-star break.....that's right, he didn't know his own team-mates name almost 100 games into the season...only R.H...
We picked him up midseason that year and only played 44 games during the year with the Jays.

my mistake...maybe i remember that story from another of the 37 teams rickey played for...still funny he called his own teammate "1st baseman"...-also i jsut looked up rickeys stats---kinda crazy he batted only .215 in the 44 games he played for the jays in 93...you think he got his hands on some good "northern lights" or something??

No one, not even ricky henderson could forget John Oleruds 1993 season, as he chased Ted Williams for most of the season .
your avatar is awesomethe alomar HR off eckersley in the ALCS is one of the greatest moments in jays historyim gonna try to get todd stottlemeyer's bloody chin sliding into 3rd in the WS as my avatar

rofl jesus, at least this thread didn't get hijackedfwiw, pat's 77 repush there is an INSTAPUSH (i try to keep my mind open when it comes to poker cuz there are often many different (but profitable) ways to play a hand.) however, doing anything other than repushing with 77 there is a HUGE mistake and i would argue that anyone who thinks folding 77 there is right has a huge hole in their tournament game (or is possible a huge advocate of folding to cash)while i disagree with pat that arbian's range is any two, i think a very reasonable range to put him on is the top 60% of hands which looks like (22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T3s+,95s+,85s+,75s+,64s+,54s,A2o+,K3o+,Q5o+,J7o+,T7o+,97o+,87o). for those who don't understand why i am putting him on such a wide range... arbian had an m of 3.5 utg with less than half the average stack. pat was sitting in the CO with an m of 4 or so, right around half of the average stack. also, if we change arbian's range to top 40% of hands (too conservative imo) we still have 55% equity against his range and a very easy isolation shove. if his range is top 30%, we have 52% equity. if his range is top 20% of hands, we have an equity of 49.6% and this is probably still a +ev call with the dead money (blinds/antes) in the pot which are actually a significant portion of both arbian's and pat's stack. for someone we already know is very tricky and knowledgeable, that is often an instashove with any two cards based on the fact you're about to lose 1/3 of your stack and possibly any fold equity you might have had. since this was a huge tournament paying 250k to first, i could definitely see arbian wanting to fold 24o there and hope he could see some cards in the next orbit, but i could also easily see him shoving there. anyways, our equity against that range is 59.5% which makes this a very obvious call, especially considering all the dead money in the pot. pat had someone who he (and i) respect immensely tell him that that was a terrible call that could not be justified, although he never really gave us any insight into why he thought it was a bad call except for "well, he could be pushing with 9c8c there and do you want to race for your tournament life?" my answer here is yes, i do want to race for my tournament life when i have a top 20 hand, half the average stack, and have a situation where someone is committing a huge amount of chips to the pot with a very wide range that i fare very well against. don't know why i felt like writing this up esp cuz i'm sure i'm the only one still thinking about/caring about this hand, just contributing my .02. btw, sitting next to pat and rolling blunts for a few hours while he played cards was definitely sweet and i recommend the experience to anyone. pat owns, san jose owns, norcal bud owns, etc.

How can you guys forget Juan Guzman.
Juan is a beast....i love the idea of the stottlemyer though, u know he's a stock broker now!I want to make a .gif of alomar spitting on hirschbeckBkice, dind't think you'd mind, i mean half the active threads are your rail threads :club: jks
No one, not even ricky henderson could forget John Oleruds 1993 season, as he chased Ted Williams for most of the season .
- john "c3po-lerud" is a man amongst boys..Olerudtor.jpgalso i must add a few of my favorite jays of the early 90's....ed "ocean" spraguespraguetor.JPGcandy moldanadoMoldanadotor.JPGand of course mookie wilsonmookietor.JPGtruly a team of the ages
- john "c3po-lerud" is a man amongst boys..Olerudtor.jpgalso i must add a few of my favorite jays of the early 90's....ed "ocean" spraguespraguetor.JPGcandy moldanadoMoldanadotor.JPGand of course mookie wilsonmookietor.JPGtruly a team of the ages
that mookie wilson pic is from his 1991 upperdeck card i think! lol i like mookie wilson but he's a bit of a **** in real life

We had a "Hit'em harder Joe Carter" shooter back then. I can't remember what was in them. I watched PMJ for a few hours that night and witnessed some solid poker. If he doubles here I'm late for work Monday !!

How can you guys forget Juan Guzman.
I thought you all did forget about Guzman. That's why I had to track down a painting of the guy for my first ever avatar. Hard to wear shades better than Juan Guzman. In oil.