Edit: Saw the scene again and it turns out Cole comes smashing through the connecting door between the two rooms. Not so much of a stretch, but that would have been a fair bit of noise, esp considering how easily Dexter and Lumen heard Cole banging that chick the night before...

Ahh, that had bothered me too, but it makes a lot more sense with him coming through the connecting door. Did it bother anybody else that neither Dexter or Lumen told Astor's friend how important it was to tell her mom that she'd been getting hit? Dexter just scared him away. That girl should still really really really tell her mom. Dex should have done something about that, such as telling the mom himself. It seems like they were trying to protect the mom, by having the guy dump her for her "fat ass." Why not tell the mom that her boyfriend had been seriously abusive to her daughter? Why would you protect her from such a sobering and important truth?
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fade to black after Hannah starts to take Harrison for ice cream before we find out what happened to Dexter — I’m sure that had some fans starting to howl at their screens. Was that a deliberate f

So I was watching the latest Dexter, stewing about what an awful actress his sister is, and I decided to look up her Wiki, to see what producer her father was, to enable her to get that job, because I

Posted Images

Ahh, that had bothered me too, but it makes a lot more sense with him coming through the connecting door. Did it bother anybody else that neither Dexter or Lumen told Astor's friend how important it was to tell her mom that she'd been getting hit? Dexter just scared him away. That girl should still really really really tell her mom. Dex should have done something about that, such as telling the mom himself. It seems like they were trying to protect the mom, by having the guy dump her for her "fat ass." Why not tell the mom that her boyfriend had been seriously abusive to her daughter? Why would you protect her from such a sobering and important truth?
i think the hug when they were reunited implied that it had been done
i think the hug when they were reunited implied that it had been done
I thought that simply implied that she had a loving mother. As the girl got out of the car she told Dex that her mom's boyfriend totally told her mom she had a fat ass, and that would be the last they'd see of him. There was no discussion or even implication that she would tell her mom the truth, that I saw. It's not even clear why Dex decided to lie about it - instead of 'tell her she has a fat ass and never show up again,' how about simply telling the mom the truth, so she can better protect her daughter in the future and maybe bring charges against the boyfriend?
I thought that simply implied that she had a loving mother. As the girl got out of the car she told Dex that her mom's boyfriend totally told her mom she had a fat ass, and that would be the last they'd see of him. There was no discussion or even implication that she would tell her mom the truth, that I saw. It's not even clear why Dex decided to lie about it - instead of 'tell her she has a fat ass and never show up again,' how about simply telling the mom the truth, so she can better protect her daughter in the future and maybe bring charges against the boyfriend?
because the scene where he beats the guy up RULED!
I definitely had to suspend disbelief to accept the fat ass comment. I mean, did you see the Mom? Her ass looked fine!
the daughter looked pretty okay tooINAPPROPRIATE
  • 2 weeks later...

No way is Dexter, with knife in hand, confronted by Debra, with gun in hand.

Ya, I've learned to not trust anything they put in next week's preview.
Of course not. Lately I find myself DVRing episodes and skipping through a lot of the scenes. There's just so much that I don't really care about, including most of the acting/dialogue, but I still want to know what happens. I'm not sure what this says.
Of course not. Lately I find myself DVRing episodes and skipping through a lot of the scenes. There's just so much that I don't really care about, including most of the acting/dialogue, but I still want to know what happens. I'm not sure what this says.
you need to just set it to 2x speed so you're twice as speedy.

Finale was ok...I enjoyed it but certainly couldn't match last season's finale.

I like how everyone has their suspicions of each other but only Dexter knows the truth. (as has been the theme throughout the show)Lumen can't be done. She's the only person in the world that really knows Dexter. Remember when that was the case for Lila. What happened to Chase's car at the camp? Did Debra not see dexter's overturned car or the backhoe? How do they declare the case closed. All Debra found was the place they may have used to create the films.Just a couple things that bothered me.

This conveys my thoughts pretty well without me having to write that much... http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/...-season-finale/

Finale was ok...I enjoyed it but certainly couldn't match last season's finale.

I like how everyone has their suspicions of each other but only Dexter knows the truth. (as has been the theme throughout the show)Lumen can't be done. She's the only person in the world that really knows Dexter. Remember when that was the case for Lila. What happened to Chase's car at the camp? Dex and Lumen took it to dump Chase's bodyDid Debra not see dexter's overturned car or the backhoe? It wasn't Dex's car. I think he stole it.How do they declare the case closed. All Debra found was the place they may have used to create the films.Just a couple things that bothered me.

This conveys my thoughts pretty well without me having to write that much... http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/...-season-finale/

Sooooo many holes...

Nobody wonders where Dex disappears to all the time, overnight, etc?No "stolen car from near the crime scene" questions?Lucky that plastic sheeting was there!Case closed? WTF?Quinn suspicious? If he's not, he shouldn't be a cop ("Thanks for fixing that blood report, buddy! Guess i was wrong about you!")

I dunno...bit of a lame-ish season, but still better than most other shows.

This is a show with bad execution and writing. The most annoying scene for me was when the camera was trying to center Deb and Quinn's faces between the bars in the Jail scene and kept having to make constant adjustments. There was too much dialog for this to work if they wanted to flip from actor to actor unless they used wider bars or actors with more narrow faces. So much fail. Notice they finally gave up and switched to a longer shot of Deb from the side and down the hall. I'm not sure if the blame falls on the director of photography or the director. This is just one example of poor execution and the show is chocked full of badness every episode. The CSI aspect of Dexter's job should hold the writers to a higher level of standard. But it doesn't. I'm sure everyone could come up with a lot of things that were wrong in this season finale just like any other episode. This show should be a psychopathic killer with a code of ethics who has to kill because of his dark passenger. He should be like a drug addict needing a fix if he goes too long between kills. The writers should have created a true psychopath who's learned how to imitate emotions and human reactions well enough to let Dexter go undetected. The lunar cycle should be a factor like we've heard and seen in other serial killer profiles from the movies and tv. This show should have a heavy leaning toward forensics as Dexter's job would imply. The entirety of next season should be one kill and the minutia of Dexter's life as a killer and his inner dialog. The possibility of what this show could have been and what it is makes me sad. There I go again wishing this show was better. I'm not sure why I still watch. Michael C. Hall maybe?

The CSI aspect of Dexter's job should hold the writers to a higher level of standard. But it doesn't. I'm not sure why I still watch. Michael C. Hall maybe?
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I quoted the two things I agree with the most.Re: lunar cycle, you're just using that as an example of how obsessive-compulsive he should be, yes?

I kinda miss the olden days i.e. season 1 when Dex would kill a different baddie each week in unrelated stories. In the past few seasons there is always some drama stopping him from performing his kills in his usual routine way. <3 Michael C Hall though. The only brilliant actor in the whole show, excluding the special celebrity guest star they seem to bring in every season now (2 this season: Stiles and Jonny Lee). If any of y'all haven't watched Six Feet Under, I highly recommend it. That's where I first grew to love MCH.Re: plot holes, there were many. I disagree with that article where it complains that

Deb suddenly found the camp with no explanation. She asked the fruit guy which direction Jordan went, he pointed, she asked what was in that direction, he replied a camp, so she went to check out the camp. Sure it was a bit lazy, but not a problem for me. What is a problem for me is that she went in alone without calling for back-up or telling anyone she was doing it - not very professional police work, but should we ever expect professionalism from Deb?

I guess not.Like y'all,

I didn't get how Deb "solved" the case since there was no body to be found in the camp and no explanation of where Jordan went

. That really was bad. Deb and Quinn sure make a gross couple. Can you imagine how cretinous and salty their offspring would be? Ew. Speaking of offspring, Rita's kids sure got over her death fast. The scene when Dexter broke the news to them was one of the worst ever. I loved that he was wearing the Disney hat, but the kids reactions were so awful and unrealistic that even Mickey ears couldn't save it.

Watched the finale this morning, like everyone has complained there seemed to be a ton of holes.

My big question mark is how in the world did Dexter clear Quinn with bloodwork without making Quinn massively suspicious about his motives for doing so? I mean, it was obviously Liddy's blood on Quinn's shoe, Quinn knows exactly how and when it got there because he lawyered up WTQ, so what is it that Dexter did to get him in the clear with the rest of the PD? The only thing they showed him doing was scraping the blood off his shoe for testing, but then didn't say anything else, just "oh by the way, Quinn is cleared now". Makes no sense to me and I'd like to say I missed something but I don't believe I did.

Watched the finale this morning, like everyone has complained there seemed to be a ton of holes.

My big question mark is how in the world did Dexter clear Quinn with bloodwork without making Quinn massively suspicious about his motives for doing so? I mean, it was obviously Liddy's blood on Quinn's shoe, Quinn knows exactly how and when it got there because he lawyered up WTQ, so what is it that Dexter did to get him in the clear with the rest of the PD? The only thing they showed him doing was scraping the blood off his shoe for testing, but then didn't say anything else, just "oh by the way, Quinn is cleared now". Makes no sense to me and I'd like to say I missed something but I don't believe I did.

Made sense to me that

Dex could just write in his report that it was Quinn's own blood or something. No one would double check it. Quinn wouldn't necessarily know how and when the blood got on his shoe - if he had noticed it and put two and two together then surely he would have checked out the van again and found Liddy inside. I figured Q asked for a lawyer because he knew it looked suspicious in that context with the phone call record. He didn't know it was Liddy's blood on his shoe. That blood could have come from anywhere.As for Quinn getting suspicious because Dex cleared him, I can imagine he might think Dex did it because Q is dating Deb, or just generally believed Q was innocent and knew it would incriminate him. Alternatively, maybe Q realised that Dex had figured out that Liddy was watching him, and knows that Q didn't do the murder because either he did it, or he knows something about it. Maybe Q will be the new black cop suspecting Dex. I doubt that though. This paragraph doesn't really articulate my thoughts very well.

At this point they all know someone is up with each other but obviously the relationships are interfering. Didn't have a problem with the "botched" blood test but they certainly could have mentioned it more than Dexter telling Deb, "I wanted it to be a surprise." or something like that.

This is a DEXTER thread. Do we really need spoilers? Anyone not up to date on the series should probably have the common sense to stay away. If not, oh well.

Deb found the camp where the rapes took place. She also connected (the missing) Jordan Chase to each of the other guys and knows that the camp belongs to Jordan. Other than finding Jordan is there a reason this case wouldn't be considered closed?Quinn did not know the blood on his shoe was Liddy's.