I agree with this. I thought it would make him sad or angry.
Why? He is a serial killer. He knows the police are onto him so he wouldn't be surprised to see what they know. It makes sense for him to feel proud surveying his kills. If he didn't enjoy the though of his victims, he wouldn't have those plaques on his wall as trophies to look at everyday. Seeing all those pictures of his victims is even more impressive than a wall of plaques, it shows how prolific he is, all his work on display like art, and to know he had done all those murders would make him feel so powerful. To be standing right there in a police station looking at a display of your murders and knowing you're safe - what a thrill, it's so completely brazen.
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fade to black after Hannah starts to take Harrison for ice cream before we find out what happened to Dexter — I’m sure that had some fans starting to howl at their screens. Was that a deliberate f

So I was watching the latest Dexter, stewing about what an awful actress his sister is, and I decided to look up her Wiki, to see what producer her father was, to enable her to get that job, because I

Posted Images

Why? He is a serial killer. He knows the police are onto him so he wouldn't be surprised to see what they know. It makes sense for him to feel proud surveying his kills. If he didn't enjoy the though of his victims, he wouldn't have those plaques on his wall as trophies to look at everyday. Seeing all those pictures of his victims is even more impressive than a wall of plaques, it shows how prolific he is, all his work on display like art, and to know he had done all those murders would make him feel so powerful. To be standing right there in a police station looking at a display of your murders and knowing you're safe - what a thrill, it's so completely brazen.
I agree with this, if he was a standard serial killer, but Trinity appears, via the scene with the kid in the bunker, to actually need to kill because he's so damaged mentally. It just appears they are trying to have it both ways. Either way, it's definitely brazen.
I agree with this, if he was a standard serial killer, but Trinity appears, via the scene with the kid in the bunker, to actually need to kill because he's so damaged mentally. It just appears they are trying to have it both ways. Either way, it's definitely brazen.
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he hasn't adapted and learned how to channel and focus in ways that have helped him evade being noticed for 30 years. And now that Miami Metro has an apparent Trinity in their sights, he probably has put together more pieces of the puzzle than Dexter expects. For example, if Dexter is really trying to extort money, Arthur has something on Dex. If, as I suspect, Trinity has a deeper understanding of things and suspects Dex is more than an extortionist, thereby knowing Dex cannot afford a public confrontation, it would explain why he has no problem coming right into the Homicide department.

I can see both sides of this one. While Trinity does keep trophies, he seems to be re-enacting a trauma rather than hunting for pleasure. The memories of the kills seem to haunt him rather than excite him. But the smile could also just have been at the whole awe of being the center of such an investigation.

It could be that the trauma aspect was simply a catalyst to his own dark desires and now he's so dualistic and conflicted that he resolves it by inhabiting the different personas completly and/but has recently experienced a resurgence of "conscience" that caused the suicide attempt and then a stronger resolve to fulfil his need to perpetuate the killing cycle.

And with that I think I'm done.
really? I mean it does seem somewhat far fetched to believe they can write something as interesting as we've already seen. we all know that isn't the strong point of the show. I'm not quite sure what new character/storyline would happen. the single dad serial killer thing would seemingly be interesting but as far as an overarching storyline, I have no clue. But, I do think they deserve a chance to see what they'll do.Now, I don't quite get what you didn't like about the ending there. I thought it was well done. leaving everything nice and happy at the end would've been quite boring at this point. earlier in the series sure but not now. though, it does suck that the hottest chick died.I didn't quite like the whole "his son is starting dexter's cycle" thing. I guess maybe it'd be interesting if the show was pushed 14 years ahead with Dexter's son having the same feelings as he did.

I'm glad they killed Rita. She annoyed me. Now for Debra. Holy crap, she is so terrible. Is there ever going to be an episode of this show where a high ranking official in the police department isn't a sobbing baby?

really? I mean it does seem somewhat far fetched to believe they can write something as interesting as we've already seen. we all know that isn't the strong point of the show. I'm not quite sure what new character/storyline would happen. the single dad serial killer thing would seemingly be interesting but as far as an overarching storyline, I have no clue. But, I do think they deserve a chance to see what they'll do.Now, I don't quite get what you didn't like about the ending there. I thought it was well done. leaving everything nice and happy at the end would've been quite boring at this point. earlier in the series sure but not now. though, it does suck that the hottest chick died.I didn't quite like the whole "his son is starting dexter's cycle" thing. I guess maybe it'd be interesting if the show was pushed 14 years ahead with Dexter's son having the same feelings as he did.
There just seemed to be a whole bunch of aspects that I didn't really enjoy. Part of it I still think goes back to the fact that they ****ing killed Doakes early in season two. I just didn't like where they took it. The whole episode was disappointing really, and begs more questions. Maybe it's just me but when Dexter goes into the Mitchell house and the police raid it, how the hell does he get out of there. How did a forensic's agent get into the garage before the swat team? They open the garage and he just happens to be there. The whole Dexter goes to jail for hit and run bullshit?I just think they blew it.

they're definitely weak in the writing aspect. they do things just to get from A to B without thinking of consequences. very Heroes like. one thing I forgot to add before was about the whole Kyle Butler thing. Is that going to play a part into this season? you'd think it would have to. one of them would say something, right? they should've just had him show up too late to the house. instead they were greedy and wanted to have another "dramatic/tension filled moment"

Also, Dexter's fingerprints would have been all over that house. There is no explaining that.

Do they really need to print the house though, they already know it's him.
They would have been all over that place with a fine tooth comb.
They would have been all over that place with a fine tooth comb.
True, but they likely wouldn't be looking for fingerprints. It wasn't a crime scene, it was simply the residence of their suspect. I don't see any reason why they would dust for prints, unless they were trying to match Lithgow to a suspected murder weapon they found in the house. Here's my real winning point though: even if they did dust the countertops for some reason, the first thing they do when analyzing unknown prints is eliminate the officers and analysts who were at the scene and may have inadvertently touched things. It is completely reasonable for Dex's prints to be in the house. I did have some gripes though:It was fairly unreasonable for Dexter to be at the house, see the SWAT team moving in, and then escape into the garage. He also seemed nonchalant about Trinity's family possibly identifying him on their way out of the house with the cops. Also, when the hell did Dexter get into Trinity's car? Did I miss that part? Trinity just pulls over and Dexter magically appears out of nowhere, having stolen Trinity's oil cap at another unknown juncture? What did I miss?I really liked Rita being killed at the end. I kept waiting and waiting for the twist ending and then when I was resigned that it wasn't gonna happen, boom, fucking bloodbath. I didn't think they were trying to say Dex's son is now gonna be like his dad. Dexter was much older and much, much more understanding of the world around him when his mom was killed. And he spent days locked up in putrid blood. Totally different. I mean, Trinity didn't even know about Dex's past, so it's not like he was trying to recreate it. Presumably it was a coincidence that the baby was just sitting there in a pool of blood, overflown from the tub. Again, lazy, sensationalized writing. I liked Rita's death though. My jaw genuinely dropped. And it leaves them open to do anything next season. You can be pretty sure Dex is gonna stay away from his and Rita's kids though, having just caused Rita's death.
I didn't think they were trying to say Dex's son is now gonna be like his dad. Dexter was much older and much, much more understanding of the world around him when his mom was killed. And he spent days locked up in putrid blood. Totally different. I mean, Trinity didn't even know about Dex's past, so it's not like he was trying to recreate it. Presumably it was a coincidence that the baby was just sitting there in a pool of blood, overflown from the tub.
What I found quite interesting about that was it didn't look like it was a bloody over flow from the bathtub it looked like it was straight blood. It just caught me as weird because it seemed that it was very much contained to where the baby was compared to the rest of the scene. There were just too many things I didn't like about this episode. I feel like there were too many loose ends that they didn't tie up. There are far too many oddities to me. I just didn't like it.
What I found quite interesting about that was it didn't look like it was a bloody over flow from the bathtub it looked like it was straight blood. It just caught me as weird because it seemed that it was very much contained to where the baby was compared to the rest of the scene.
Yeah, I added an edit. I should have really said, 'Presumably we were meant to believe that it was a coincidental overflow from the tub,' unless of course they are gonna pick right back up next season and give an explanation or reason for what just happened, beyond 'Trinity killed Rita.'

Catching Arthur: I think they skimmed over the timing issue, somehow, in order to give us a false impression that things were working out for Dexter as he had planned. It appears as though Dex got to the Mustang just prior to Arthur leaving town. How, being that Arthur was in such a hurry? Well, clearly, he was busy having a bath with Rita. This illustrates two things: It's important to pick up your messages and that Dexter rarely considers his quarry smart enough to take the initiative and/or turn the tables on him. He should have been forewarned by Arthur's brazen stroll into the station last episode.Bleeding Rita: I get the sense that the show may very well remove the kids from the show, leaving Dexter a lone wolf once again...but not without some eyes already on him. I have no idea, of course, but leaving Dexter to be a single dad could be one of the most irritating choices ever. Also, on a completely unrelated note, I think Dexter is a Jew. Moser could easily be a Jewish name and it was his mom, so that would make Dex Jewish.

I like Rita dying since I was sick of her whining. The problem is the kids didn't die too. Hopefully Cody, Harrison and little-bitch will go live with their grandparents and Dex will only see them occasionally. However, since they've been building up his family bonds all season, I guess maybe he and Debra will raise them together or something? For a second I thought they were going to have Trinity get away and continue the plot in the next season. That would have been quite awesome but even more unrealistic than what happened.I agree with everyone who said the Dex-in-jail, the garage-getaway and the oil-cap-ambush were completely absurd.Not sure where they'll go from here, but it would be nice to get some old-school Dexter killings happening again, he hardly had any fun this season.