That's the plan.It doesnt really seem like a lot to me when i consider all the hours i put into work, school and poker combined right now. Probably 70-80 hours a week including transportation.Come january ill have much more time on my hands. Ill be done school, work, and without either of those, no reason to be on the road 3 hours a day every day.The only reason im setting the bar at 30 is because i dont want to burn myself out. If i think i can do 10 more, ill push it up to 40.
Man, you seem to have a pretty hectic schedule right now. Amazing your not completely burnt out. Just going to school is bad enough for me. lol. Keep it up.
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you have tomorrow?(i'm putting it all on the OTHER 3 teams. you seem snakebitten)
I hope you actually did this. 0-2 so far with Arizona trailing 21-0 and looking like an almost sure loss.
I hope you actually did this. 0-2 so far with Arizona trailing 21-0 and looking like an almost sure loss.
Nah, I don't bet sports. Besides, if I'd have bet 'em they all would have ended up as pushes, likely. I think I'm suffering the same curse as you. Our negative energy would have balanced it all out.
Go with the tournaments, better value and you have to clear the 650$ bonus.Also the 5400fpp stt tournaments are super soft, 4 seats 10 players in and if you win you get t$ instead of just a ticket to the tourney. Doing 12 of them you should be good for like 6 seats if you play decent.
Is that if you win more than one or what? Because it looks like you just get a ticket to the tournament regardless. Looking at the prize pool, it just says "4 entries to tournament #36312328". If you've played them recently, and you know that they do give t$ that would be different, but it looks like you just get a ticket now.Also, do you mean you have to clear the bonus before you play with it or before you cashout? Because I'm not planning on cashing out anytime soon. I'm either going to build my roll up on Stars or go broke. And if you do have to clear it to play, how long would it take? I'm probably going to be moving my last $1400 in there and playing with that anyway as soon as I've got some time to clear my head.
Is that if you win more than one or what? Because it looks like you just get a ticket to the tournament regardless. Looking at the prize pool, it just says "4 entries to tournament #36312328". If you've played them recently, and you know that they do give t$ that would be different, but it looks like you just get a ticket now.Also, do you mean you have to clear the bonus before you play with it or before you cashout? Because I'm not planning on cashing out anytime soon. I'm either going to build my roll up on Stars or go broke. And if you do have to clear it to play, how long would it take? I'm probably going to be moving my last $1400 in there and playing with that anyway as soon as I've got some time to clear my head.
What are you gonna do if you go broke?
What are you gonna do if you go broke?
Try to sell my possessions? Try to get another credit card and use the money to gamble? Wait until there's a really juicy live game, write a bad check, and hope I win so that I can cover it? I'm being a little bit facetious here, but I really can't imagine just giving up on gambling for a living.The only kind of job I could get right now, I'd be working an 8-hour day for less than what my hourly rate used to be. I suppose I could always go back to school, but I really have no motivation there either, as I really don't have the desire to do anything related to the field I was studying, and if I got a career there, it would pay jack **** anyway. The only bright side is that I wouldn't have to make student loan payments, and I might get a financial aid check that I could use for poker.Basically, I was 99% sure I'd be able to keep doing this for the rest of my life a month ago, and I still think I'll be able to now. It's just going to be tough for a while as I grind my way back up on a small bankroll. I'm just taking a day or two to get used to the idea of playing smaller stakes again.

Big MTTs went miserable enough today that I questioned my ability to play them. I think I was just pissed about bluffing off my stack while drawing dead in the Stars Million.

Basically, I was 99% sure I'd be able to keep doing this for the rest of my life a month ago, and I still think I'll be able to now. It's just going to be tough for a while as I grind my way back up on a small bankroll. I'm just taking a day or two to get used to the idea of playing smaller stakes again.
Iggy,It seems like you're at a pretty low point man. Think about getting something secure. Go out and get a 9-5 man. From the sounds of the month you're having, you have a serious issue chasing your losses. It's been depressing reading through this thread and seeing you go up at first, then come crashing back to earth. I can't imagine what it'd be like to have to live through it.Here's hoping you can make a comeback. Whatever you do, do NOT get a credit card and use it to gamble.
That's the plan.It doesnt really seem like a lot to me when i consider all the hours i put into work, school and poker combined right now. Probably 70-80 hours a week including transportation.Come january ill have much more time on my hands. Ill be done school, work, and without either of those, no reason to be on the road 3 hours a day every day.The only reason im setting the bar at 30 is because i dont want to burn myself out. If i think i can do 10 more, ill push it up to 40.
are you going to stick to 5/10, or move up to 10/20 as soon as you feel comfortable there?moving over to stars full-time?estimates for non-winrate profit (FPPs, etc)?good luck, of course.
are you going to stick to 5/10, or move up to 10/20 as soon as you feel comfortable there?moving over to stars full-time?estimates for non-winrate profit (FPPs, etc)?good luck, of course.
So I spent my roll. I am going to be playing live until I can deposit 2k. I am sick of grinding tiny games. up like $400 dollars but I bought a ton of Xmas gifts.

Well, it's not like I just made all my money this month and lost it or something. I've been making good money on this since April, and October was my first losing month since March. Also, between legal fees (now finished), new car, misc. payments, etc., I spent about 15K of earned money so it's not like this is just "bringing me back to even" either. I'm certainly not going to go out and get some shitty job while I've still got $2,000 (counting bonus money) to work with. If I just multi-tabled 5/10 FR for a while and absolutely didn't move up stakes until I was comfortable, I'd have a ROR somewhere around 10-15% with a likely winrate of $60/hr 3-tabling. I'd rather have an 85% chance of getting back on track with my career plan and making good money again then have a 100% chance of just being able to pay the bills in a shitty job that's going nowhere.FWIW, in 3,500 hands with 8 players or more, I'm averaging 3.81 BB/100. I know the sample size is way too small to mean anything, but I think I could do all right playing low limits for a while.

Played like 15k hands today.Lost 11kWent something like-8k at 30/60-6k at 15/30-2k at 5/10 nl+5k at 15/30 and 10/20Bad day but o well.
How the F*** do you play 15k hands in a day? 12 tabling for 10 hours or something? That's a ridiculous amount of hands. :club:

He is a bot. And he makes people play worse just by being in his presence.Or else ive just turned retarded from playing stakes higher than im used to.I played a bit of 15/30 today... the tables looked good. Ended up winning $325. But i felt like a complete tard. I just played miserably the whole way through. I started smashing **** out of frustration when the computer started lagging. I dont know what's wrong with me. The tables are BETTER than a lot of 3/6's i play at, but i cant feel comfortable about anything i do.Im doing quite well at both 15/30 and 10/20 though over the 5k or so hands that ive played at that level overall.

Play up to 15/30 regularly as soon as i feel comfortable. Once i get in 50k hands or so ill get a good idea of whether i should just stick with AP 5/10.FPP at that level at supernova is worth between 5.5 and 6 points per hand. The value of the points differ depending on what you get. Most htings work out to about 1.7cents per point.Which means you get roughly $10/100, or i expect about $40-$50 an hour.About 2/3rds of what i make at AP an hour in bonus/rakeback/arp benefits at 5/10.
iggy werent you playing 50/100 like a week ago? wtf?
Well, it was never my primary level, but I took some shots there yeah. This stretch plus ~$8,000 in losses not included in the graph kind of put the kibosh on that though:point2jp6.jpgIf you'll notice though, there's a little $400 comeback at the bottom right. That's from tonight. :club: I'm grinding my way back up.

So I'm tempted to keep my fishing hole a secret, but I've made around $5.7k at 2/3 SHNLHE since I started playing it a month ago. It's a little odd playing so overrolled, but it makes me wonder whether I even want to transition to anything else for a while. I'm also experiencing my best month since April. As far as rates go, $60/hr probably isn't sustainable, but it's certainly nice.

He is a bot. And he makes people play worse just by being in his presence.
Do you know him personally Abba? I'm just wondering if any of this is actually true info.I know True from 2+2 he's a hardcore UK player, and multi's 8 tables easily all hours of the day, i've never heard him come close to 15k handsalso Iggy.Jebus!, thats a rollercoaster dude, if it helps i went a-la-busto 2 months ago and am climbing back now

Royal,I talk to pp24 all the time on aim, and he's most definitely just a beast.Everything he says is true.He took his role off, and just went crazy with his FPP's and had that turned into like 30K before his 11k losing day...loool.He's insane.

Well, it was never my primary level, but I took some shots there yeah. This stretch plus ~$8,000 in losses not included in the graph kind of put the kibosh on that though:point2jp6.jpgIf you'll notice though, there's a little $400 comeback at the bottom right. That's from tonight. :club: I'm grinding my way back up.
your first big downswing and then the 2nd one are mind numbingly sick cause of how much money that is.:(gl on the rebound.- Jordan