Evidence Of Life After Death

Their studies were not about how the central nervous functioned during cardiac arrest or brain activity during a near death experience or anything like that. Their studies were surveys of people who had NDE's. They gained some statistics. That's all.Their conclusions had nothing to do with their research and therefore are no more meaningful than your or my opinion (well, maybe a little more meaningful than yours since your ability to critically think and analyze matches that of a pop tart).
Regarding this matter, Lommel's opinion and the other scientists opinions obviously count more than mine or yours.
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is interesting is that for someone who claims to be so happy, this guy has absolutely no sense of humor.that seems a little odd to me. anyone?

what is interesting is that for someone who claims to be so happy, this guy has absolutely no sense of humor.that seems a little odd to me. anyone?
lol, because i don't think calling someone a ****** is very funny?
Regarding this matter, Lommel's opinion and the other scientists opinions obviously count more than mine or yours.
except there are more neurological scientists that consider consciousness and memory likely to be purely physical phenomena than there are that think otherwise (probably way more), so that argument is self-defeating.
As shown in the two articles I have presented, Pim Van Lommel and other scientists have concluded from their scientific studies that it is much more likely than not that there is life after death.
not only is LLY's point valid that their conclusion is really not valid based on their evidence, but all they purport to have proven is that NDE's are 'likely.'there has been NO link between that and life after death.
except there are more neurological scientists that consider consciousness and memory likely to be purely physical phenomena than there are that think otherwise (probably way more), so that argument is self-defeating.
Name one neurological scientist who believes there is no life after death after looking at this study.
not only is LLY's point valid that their conclusion is really not valid based on their evidence, but all they purport to have proven is that NDE's are 'likely.'there has been NO link between that and life after death.
Lol, but yours and LLY is more valid?Again, Van Lommel and his colleagues claimed that the visions came at the very moment when the central neural system stopped functioning. This means that the consciousness is separate from the brain's activity.
Name one neurological scientist who believes there is no life after death after looking at this study.Lol, but yours and LLY is more valid?Again, Van Lommel and his colleagues claimed that the visions came at the very moment when the central neural system stopped functioning. This means that the consciousness is separate from the brain's activity.
probably 99% of the ones not mentioned in this study. it is such a basic, obvious conclusion that most wouldn't bother stating or studying it.LLY's is more valid. i haven't said much.you're repeating yourself, even though we've shown that statement does not mean, to any convincing degree, what you purport it to mean. do you have any other evidence, other than this one, highly specious, inconclusive, and only vaguely related study?

Just thought I'd throw this in here from another thread. It's an interesting point.

That is not knowledge it is just a belief. Do you have any evidence that would contradict the millions of NDEers?I can't speak for WrongWay, but I do have evidence as I have had an NDE-like experience. I saw my body from below as though I was floating out of my body, I saw the tunnel of light - actually, mine was a tunnel of light, sound, thought and touch, as I was experiencing synaesthasia at the time.One explanation is that I was truly close to death and was experiencing the ascendency to heaven.I think instead that what I experienced was more attributable to the LSD I'd taken. When people are close to death, the brain is flooded full of endorphins and other neurotransmitter-affecting chemicals. Its also worth noting that ketamine and experiences in "k-holes" also have NDE-like effects
Even the article mentioned that there are many other activities that can have NDE like symptoms.

Also, here's a thought:People have brought up examples where people having NDE's were able to correctly see things and make descriptions about what had happened while they were unconscious. Of course, we are always presented with the cases where their descriptions were true as evidence. But what about when their descriptions are wrong? Under the assumption that they are actually in their souls out of their body, what would it mean to get it wrong? How could they, actually? They'd be standing right there, looking at things. It would be nearly impossible to make an untrue description of what was taking place when their soul was out of their body.So, having one case where a person had a NDE experience, made a description, and was totally wrong is quite devastating to the idea that NDE's involve the soul leaving the body and literally walking around and observing.

probably 99% of the ones not mentioned in this study. it is such a basic, obvious conclusion that most wouldn't bother stating or studying it.LLY's is more valid. i haven't said much.you're repeating yourself, even though we've shown that statement does not mean, to any convincing degree, what you purport it to mean. do you have any other evidence, other than this one, highly specious, inconclusive, and only vaguely related study?
So can you name 1 specific neurologist who believes that it is more likely than not that there is no life after death after reviewing the study?
Just thought I'd throw this in here from another thread. It's an interesting point.Even the article mentioned that there are many other activities that can have NDE like symptoms.
Doesn't explain the clinically dead experiences.
Also, here's a thought:People have brought up examples where people having NDE's were able to correctly see things and make descriptions about what had happened while they were unconscious. Of course, we are always presented with the cases where their descriptions were true as evidence. But what about when their descriptions are wrong? Under the assumption that they are actually in their souls out of their body, what would it mean to get it wrong? How could they, actually? They'd be standing right there, looking at things. It would be nearly impossible to make an untrue description of what was taking place when their soul was out of their body.So, having one case where a person had a NDE experience, made a description, and was totally wrong is quite devastating to the idea that NDE's involve the soul leaving the body and literally walking around and observing.
Sorry, there hasn't been any reported cases like that. Even if there was, it doesn't explain how many people accurately reported things that were going on when they were clinically dead.
probably 99% of the ones not mentioned in this study. it is such a basic, obvious conclusion that most wouldn't bother stating or studying it. LLY's is more valid. i haven't said much.you're repeating yourself, even though we've shown that statement does not mean, to any convincing degree, what you purport it to mean. do you have any other evidence, other than this one, highly specious, inconclusive, and only vaguely related study ?
Lol, yeah. No need to study it....it is obvious.....Not according to Lommel and other scientists it isn't.Lol, that is only your unqualified opinion.

recent study:http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/7/1003http://www.aan.com/press/press/index.cfm?f...amp;release=384"Sleep paralysis as well as sleep-related visual and auditory hallucinations were substantially more common in subjects with an NDE"

Name one neurological scientist who believes there is no life after death after looking at this study.
Kevin R. Nelson, MD, Michelle Mattingly, PhD, Sherman A. Lee, PhD and Frederick A. Schmitt, PhD (authors of the above paper, which was published in the same web-journal as the study you refer to).
recent study:http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/66/7/1003http://www.aan.com/press/press/index.cfm?f...amp;release=384"Sleep paralysis as well as sleep-related visual and auditory hallucinations were substantially more common in subjects with an NDE"Kevin R. Nelson, MD, Michelle Mattingly, PhD, Sherman A. Lee, PhD and Frederick A. Schmitt, PhD (authors of the above paper, which was published in the same web-journal as the study you refer to).
Do they have any comments regarding the ground-breaking study done by Lommel and his colleagues?
So can you name 1 specific neurologist who believes that it is more likely than not that there is no life after death after reviewing the study?Doesn't explain the clinically dead experiences.Sorry, there hasn't been any reported cases like that. Even if there was, it doesn't explain how many people accurately reported things that were going on when they were clinically dead.Lol, yeah. No need to study it....it is obvious.....Not according to Lommel and other scientists it isn't.Lol, that is only your unqualified opinion.
zzz. Just one request. Please die. Soon.Thank you
http://www.aan.com/press/press/index.cfm?f...amp;release=384"Sleep paralysis as well as sleep-related visual and auditory hallucinations were substantially more common in subjects with an NDE"
This article on REM invading consciousness makes a lot of sense. I saw an article a couple years ago showing a link between people with REM intrusion and feelings of religiousness when praying or meditating. The conclusion was that people with common REM intrusions are more likely to feel another presence or like they've been out of their body. That silent thought and meditation shut down the part of the brain that kept them grounded and triggered a dream-like state into their conscious brain.It also makes sense that younger people are more likely to experience an NDE since the REM intrusion into consciousness declines with age.
Do they have any comments regarding the ground-breaking study done by Lommel and his colleagues?
dunno. obviously as working neuro-scientists they would have been familiar with the Lommel paper, and they still concluded that their own evidence indicates NDE's are caused by physical processes.
http://www.quantumbrain.org/Abstract2003.html"Conclusion: Individuals who have had NDEs were found to be distinct from the general population on three physiological measures: left temporal lobe epileptiform activity, reduced sleep time and increased REM latency. These physiological differences were not associated with maladaptive trauma responses, but rather positive coping styles."
So can you name 1 specific neurologist who believes that it is more likely than not that there is no life after death after reviewing the study?Doesn't explain the clinically dead experiences.Sorry, there hasn't been any reported cases like that. Even if there was, it doesn't explain how many people accurately reported things that were going on when they were clinically dead.Lol, yeah. No need to study it....it is obvious.....Not according to Lommel and other scientists it isn't.Lol, that is only your unqualified opinion.
no scientists have ever reported it is more likely than not that eating one cookie a day for 5 years will cause your brain to explore. nevertheless, it is not true.
no scientists have ever reported it is more likely than not that eating one cookie a day for 5 years will cause your brain to explore. nevertheless, it is not true.
cookies that cause your brain to explore? what the heck is in those? mmmmmmmm. mind-expanding cookies :club:
cookies that cause your brain to explore? what the heck is in those? mmmmmmmm. mind-expanding cookies :club:
I think he meant to say explode. It makes a little more sense then explore.

I have yet to see a neurologist look at the Lommel study and conclude that it is more likely that there is no life after death.Lommel and other scientists believe as a result of their scientific studies that there is life after death.

can't it be both?also,I have yet to see a dietician look at the cookie study and conclude that it is more likely that there is a brain after cookies. therefore, cookies must make your brain explorde.
captain.jpg
Lommel and other scientists believe as a result of their scientific studies that there is life after death.
yes but ingmar bergman didn't when he made the seventh seal. saw it for the first time in years last night. cool movie.
I have yet to see a neurologist look at the Lommel study and conclude that it is more likely that there is no life after death.
Here are some....http://www.chemie.uni-hamburg.de/igtw/Gesu...ess_corresp.pdf"Pim van Lommel and colleaguesask, how could a clear consciousnessoutside the body be experienced at themoment that the brain no longerfunctions during a period of clinicaldeath with flat electroencephalography?Evidently, they assume that the brainmay not function at this time. Thisassumption, however, is erroneous.Normal electroencephalography techniquescan detect electrical activity inonly one half of the area of cerebralcortex. Possible activity in the other halfand deeper structures cannot beobserved.Electroencephalography is not areliable indicator of brain death.""The most fascinating part of vanLommel and colleagues’ study, which isnoted by the researchers, although itsubsequently attracts little attention, isthe association of these events withspiritual beliefs""A clue about the origin of suchexperiences may come from neuroimagingstudies of brain activationduring REM sleep. By use ofpositron emission tomography,Maquet and colleagues4 noted asignificant negative correlation betweenregional cerebral blood flow (rCBF)and REM sleep in a large area of thedorsolateral prefrontal cortex and theparietal cortex, and a significantpositive correlation between rCBFand REM sleep in limbic-systemstructures implicated in the formationand consolidation of memories."
Here are some....http://www.chemie.uni-hamburg.de/igtw/Gesu...ess_corresp.pdf"Pim van Lommel and colleaguesask, how could a clear consciousnessoutside the body be experienced at themoment that the brain no longerfunctions during a period of clinicaldeath with flat electroencephalography?Evidently, they assume that the brainmay not function at this time. Thisassumption, however, is erroneous.Normal electroencephalography techniquescan detect electrical activity inonly one half of the area of cerebralcortex. Possible activity in the other halfand deeper structures cannot beobserved.Electroencephalography is not areliable indicator of brain death.""The most fascinating part of vanLommel and colleagues’ study, which isnoted by the researchers, although itsubsequently attracts little attention, isthe association of these events withspiritual beliefs""A clue about the origin of suchexperiences may come from neuroimagingstudies of brain activationduring REM sleep. By use ofpositron emission tomography,Maquet and colleagues4 noted asignificant negative correlation betweenregional cerebral blood flow (rCBF)and REM sleep in a large area of thedorsolateral prefrontal cortex and theparietal cortex, and a significantpositive correlation between rCBFand REM sleep in limbic-systemstructures implicated in the formationand consolidation of memories."
umm ok, but what OTHER scientists have said it? :club: nice find. you're unlazier than me.